All Comments on 'A Wider Sky Ch. 08'

by TalyisBagley

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Just snippets of a story

Very hard to sustain any interest when your post is so short. I might come back after it is finished and read it all in one hit.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
my suggestion...

...for those readers who are conditioned to only enjoy a complete work. I keep a special file of links to stories that are serialized. Some of these can take years for new chapters. Every now and then I go through the list to see if there have been any new postings. That does prevent a lot of frustration.

In my opinion, the reason people get so upset waiting, is that they have been conditioned to immediate gratification and never learned patience.

It is interesting to note, that such multi-chapter serials are not new. Cinema used to be serialized. Or, at least in the medium of action films. Radio, then television had their soaps.

This all came about from 18th and 19th century newspapers. Twain, Doyle, Dickens and a multitude of other writers first published their work in serial format in newspapers. Before re-publishing as books.

A number of the writers posting to Literotica, do so to experiment, to judge audience acceptance. Advertising by posting a tease of just a portion of the complete novel.

TalyisBagleyTalyisBagleyabout 9 years agoAuthor
short chapter

hi readers, yes, this was a short chapter but i've just finished editing two more chapters and one is about 6k words. I am trying to post a least once a week; and now that camp nanowrio has begun, im going to sweep through the edits a bit more tenaciously to get to my book 2 edits before the end of the wrimo. We are nearing the half way point of A Wider Sky. Thank you for commenting.

cheers and happy reading,

~talyis

ps im a binge netflix watcher but id love your feedback thoughout rather than in one swoop.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTalyisBagley@TalyisBagley
347 Followers
New NEWS: June 2022 Working on getting published and finishing Book 3 of the Wider Sky Series. Website and socials to come. Old News: I just posted the first chapter of WEIGHT OF PENUMBRA the sequel to A WIDER SKY. OLD OLD NEWS: AUG 2012 - Still working on OTAP2 But I need ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES