All Comments on 'A Woman's Place Ch. 02'

by MelloT

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
fascinating premise

All the elements of a good story so far, keep going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
my favourite story!

i love this so much! Keep up the good work, its very interesting and works so well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good beginning

Strong start to this series. I look forward to the next chapter.

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 12 years ago
What a nightmare...

And yet there are cultures in existence---Saudi Arabia comes to mind---where what you describe is the accepted norm.

I can't help but wonder, if this started in one country, what would the other countries do? Stand by and cluck their tongues as the western world now does at Saudi Arabia?

The plot premise may be unlikely, but it's chilling.

Nitro70652Nitro70652over 12 years ago
second verse, same as the first......

That title is by no means meant to be anything but cute. I said it only because this second chapter is every bit as good as the first. Your writing is excellent. The plot is riveting. I could see this going to a full length novel.... maybe even a screen play. Very interesting and I look forward to the next chapter.

kowaikawaiikowaikawaiiover 12 years ago

I love how the Prime Minister tried to justify hisdecision like he couldn't have kjust divided the sexes and have a fix number for men and women for school and jobs.

"Those unlucky enough to miss out will of course be able to purchase a SLAVE" /= I would remind you, gentlemen, that the women we have enslaved today are the mothers, sisters and daughters of other men

Or they could have just taken away voting rights and a right to work thus letting women either stay or leave the country.

It had nothing but just men wanting to be in control. This was a way for men to fulfilling their desires like Gary makewomen your proerty to be treated however you wantbecause if they're equals you may not get what you want.

I love this story sadly there will be no female resistance or other countries stoppping them. What's happening is every male's desire.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
awesome

hurry up with the next part please :)

El FoloEl Foloover 12 years ago
Oh my...

Are we going to see some lesbian couples forcefully broken up?

El FoloEl Foloover 12 years ago
Also...

I'm sure Ellie's escape attempt will be ABSOLUTELY successful and we won't see her eventually broken down and shown her new place, right? :P

GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyover 12 years ago
Lost her twice

Fool me once, fool me twice. She got away from him two times now, so when he eventually gets her back, he's going to have to upgrade his caveman schtick.

Another great chapter. Well done Mello!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

you have yet again written a story that captivates me. keep going. i can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great!

Captivating! Can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Absolutely Horrific

I know I’m posting long after publishing and of course I know it’s a fantasy but honestly by putting it in a contemporary setting and legitimising the slavery it adds to the realism, the what if factor.

My children are grown up and have left home and I love them and my husband more than life itself. If this “fantasy” had actually happened in real life when they were little then my story would likely be a case of murder suicide. I wouldn’t be a mother for very long I wouldn’t want my daughters to grow up into that dystopian nightmare and my husband wouldn’t be able to stop it happening to them. I know that sounds overly dramatic and sensationalist but it doesn’t stop it from being true.

The only way this story arc can end is with her being a slave because trying to evade that situation is impossible, the entire male population of a country is suddenly the enemy. So she is either a) a slave and happy or b) a slave and miserable. I know which one is more likely, there’s nothing sexy about any of this it’s completely depressing.

I do enjoy BDSM (sub) but the reality of that bears no resemblance on what real life slavery would be like

Tess (UK)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous