All Comments on 'A World for the Taking Ch. 01'

by RipperFish

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
FinnishFlashFinnishFlashover 6 years ago

Interesting setup, looking forward to the rest of the story. And thank you for continuing to share your creative genius with the rest of us.

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentover 6 years ago
Made my morning...

to see your new story posted. Enjoyed it and looking forward to the rest. Welcome back.

kuhpa01kuhpa01over 6 years ago
My Lips are Zipped

Okay, my fingers are restrained, to be more precise. I am elated to see this story appear, rated it 5 stars, it's that good already.

I think you have lain the groundwork enough for me to see where this is going, but I will not speculate. So far you are hitting all my favorite themes, Sci-Fi as well as old-time Western Pioneers. Sex? Who needs sex in a great adventure story? Not this guy. Thanks a bunch for a good start to my day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Stormworld finish???

slm59slm59over 6 years ago
An Awesome Start!

This first chapter was excellent and I'm very much anticipating the rest of them. Thanks!

HectorsHouseHectorsHouseover 6 years ago
Read the intro and follow the link

by Anonymous

01/23/18

Stormworld finish???

Fliccy_subFliccy_subover 6 years ago
Great stuff.

thank you, it's a really nice piece of writing that pulls all the right heartstrings, absolutely loved it and can hardly wait for the next one.

sandman666sandman666over 6 years ago
Great story

I read westerns all the time and this is a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good read

More Storm World Please :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not Going To Read

I was a big fan of your first two stories. I was very disappointed when I realized you had quit writing 'Upon a Savage Shore'. And though it pains me to say so, I will not be reading or following this story or any of your work. Because now you have turned into yet another writer on this website who leaves stories unfinished. It is a real shame. I had assumed you had either given up on this website or died. I am glad it was the former, not the latter. But I had always respected your professionalism and dedication to writing. It's unfortunate that seems to have been lost.

RipperFishRipperFishover 6 years agoAuthor
In response to "Not Going to Read"

“Anonymous

I was a big fan of your first two stories. I was very disappointed when I realized you had quit writing 'Upon a Savage Shore'. And though it pains me to say so, I will not be reading or following this story or any of your work. Because now you have turned into yet another writer on this website who leaves stories unfinished. It is a real shame. I had assumed you had either given up on this website or died. I am glad it was the former, not the latter. But I had always respected your professionalism and dedication to writing. It's unfortunate that seems to have been lost.”

Dear Anonymous, I write for myself. I share because I wish to. You will not be missed by me any more than I would miss a toothache. Have a good life.

To anyone else reading this comment, this is the sort of message that caused me to start deleting anonymous PMs without reading them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
failure to communicate - Cool Hand Luke

I find that ignoring anonymous/troll type commenters is a very satisfying activity as it provides them with the amount of attention they are due...none!

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderabout 6 years ago
Bout time!

I was wondering when we'd finally get to meet some Vespans!

I like em. Quirky and beautiful... Not unlike my ex-wife.

I really enjoyed this one. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
He cannot read

Anon 1/24/18: if you really had read it, you would have noticed it was finished. It said in the remarks : last chapter. What part of the word "last" are you failing to understand? So, go ahead and don't read and show what a real douchebag you are.

For myself, I enjoy his writing. Waiting for Storm World #11, though.

Retired GySgt USMC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
They are stories people!

I like RIpperF’s stories. I just appreciate being invited into these new and strange worlds. Enough said, time to read some more.

hellinahelmethellinahelmetabout 6 years ago
Great lead in to this story

Like all of RF´s work, it hooks you from the first page...

I´ve read all your previous work and only just started this story due to not wanting to wait for the regular installments. I also read what you let us know about your thoughts on SW and know what you meant about not really getting a grasp on the story and starting to throw up words for us to read...glad you thought it over and will always enjoy what you write for us....so that aside, thank you again for taking the time to give us your stories to read.

As the Gunny said, don´t pay attention to the "Cooties" bites...they don´t hang around to long...take it from two retired Jar Heads...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Just started reading ripperfish

My first ripperfish story, good story line. 5 stars :)

RipperFishRipperFishalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Update about Amazon issue

As I stated previously someone stole this story and posted it to Amazon with the title 'The Girl: A Classic Space Opera'. I am going to get legal advice and I wish everyone to stop trying to leave reviews on that plagiarized story. I don't want anyone getting to trouble and you may inadvertently cause some issue or other with any court case I may press.

Thanks anyway. I will update when I can.

sailandoarsailandoaralmost 4 years ago
The Gift . . . .

You have the gift. . . . . My first 'RipperFish' tale and I am already a fan.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Off to a good start, just have to see where this goes, but hoping for the best.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Rereading - still an easy 5 stars

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca5 months ago

Great start, looking forward to the rest. Easy 5⭐️s

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRipperFish@RipperFish
I just got a reply from Amazon and I need everyone to stop trying to leave reviews of the book. It will do no good and I do not want anyone to risk getting into trouble. I am going to get some legal advise and will be out of circulation for a while. Also, I am considering mov...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES