All Comments on 'A World of Difference'

by Leenysman

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wierd and Wonderful!

WOW, this story had so many twists and turns and fair dinkum wonderful Love and Lust going for it to be a superb read.

Congratulations, Tel1

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Interesting

Certainly different, but, I found it an interesting read. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pass

Interesting spin on things but my mind was spinning after 4 paragraphs so I gave up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very Original

Good story but the science was easier to understand than keeping track of the characters

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Terrific

I really liked this story and had no trouble keeping track of who was who on both Earths. I actually skipped past the sex acts because I was enjoying the sci-fi aspect so much; I'd love to see this story made into a film, however the screenwriters would have to omit the incest aspect because society frowns upon it too much.

A huge thanks for the story.

msocaltimemsocaltimeover 7 years ago
Awsome Story!

Keeping up with all the characters wasn't easy, but, that's what makes it so fun to read. Please keep writing like this, you did great!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story

I loved the story, I would love to see a sequel with a gay scene between Steve and his dad, I thought you were building to that in this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You almost wrote a story

You had an interesting story concept until you introduced your politics and crapped on it.

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 7 years agoAuthor
Politics

You're going to gripe about three paragraphs of the whole story? The whole point of even bringing up the election was to show how far Earths 1 and 2 were diverging from each other after more than 20 years, and that neither one was going to wind up exactly like our Earth. You'd be advised to notice that I didn't state a winner on either Earth, either as nominee or President. But if you think it would have been more credible to have any other candidate react in such a fly-off-the-handle manner besides Trump, I'd like to know who you think that should have been.

You would have hated what I originally had planned for Earth 3 (a world where JFK didn't die), then.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 7 years ago
Nicely done

Obviously we aren't Earth1 or Earth2. Politics aside, what might not be considered for those creating these bridges, is that the bridge itself becomes a focal point for the creation of new, alternate worlds, and while things may be safe initially, the bridge point may become a temporal stress point.

Was surprised that previously non-incest practicing family members were so quick to join in or at least accept in the others. The potential for social problems - is sleeping with your wive from both worlds adultery? If one commits murder, but the other has not, how do you keep from imprisoning or executing the innocent version? Makes the brain work hard.

Great job. Thanks for sharing. 5*

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 7 years agoAuthor
TJSkywind

If literally ANY event is capable of creating alternate outcomes, then new parallel universes are being created constantly, so there must be an infinite number of them. The big question is whether they ever collapse back into one, when a particular outcome no longer matters. I mean, a month from now, does it matter any more whether I had breakfast this morning? It would be interesting to have the portals interfere with THAT.

And yes, dealing with cross-Earth crime would be an issue, unless they can detect a person's home world. Another reason for limiting migration. Of course, you face some of the same problems prosecuting an identical twin. But when nearly everyone has a "twin" on the other world...

As for having a bunch of people "suddenly" accepting incest, all of the Tuckers already knew about Jim & Caroline's incest for a generation, with Grandpa David the least accepting, but even he regretted the hard stance he took after his kids died. So for them to accept Steve and Steph with relative ease (pun intended) isn't that hard to see. I added in the subplot about Mary and Jack on Earth 1 to show that maybe David was actually the only one to disapprove.

So, in the end, the only main characters who don't know about the incest at the beginning of the story who get involved in it are Steve and Scott. From Steve's view, Steph is a young woman who might be genetically very related to him, but is otherwise a stranger emotionally, making it easier for him to get involved, when Steph takes the lead. And I imagine Scott as the kind of guy who follows Steve's lead in almost anything, even attending the same University to stay close to each other. He sputters, and leaves the apartment to think it through (rather than listen to them), but winds up accepting it because Steve does.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
This seems to be a good story

What is I read of it was well crafted with interest characters. I stopped reading at the end of page one primarily because I am just turned off by science fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Political stuff

I dig the science fiction part. The whole sliders/infinite earths thing was cool but needed some explaining. There is A crash of the multiverse story in this. I'd like to see more

TREKnRayTREKnRayover 7 years ago
A World of Difference

Confused, we are (from the old TV show's narrator Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman)

I had no trouble keeping the characters apart. The rules are much less troublesome than those in my favorite genre, time travel. Earth 1 Mary is probably also a climate change denier. I would love to have had the two Mary's meet and have Earth 1 Mary try to figure it out.

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 7 years agoAuthor
@TREKnRay

The two Marys DID meet, at the wedding, and left it together. As to being a climate change denier, where did THAT come from?

sexymeupsexymeupover 7 years ago
question?

at one point in story you had him saying steph was a replacement of steve in earth 2, so... does that mean he was fucking himself ? lol. sorry i couldn't resist that one. Was a very interesting story and i loved it, i gave story 5 stars.

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 7 years agoAuthor
@sexymeup

Steph is as close to being an identical twin, but female, as I could rationally make her in the parallel world paradigm. To be any closer would require genetic manipulation, and Robert A. Heinlein's Time Enough For Love already covered that ground, creating two "identical-but-female" sisters for the male lead.

YourOnlineSecretYourOnlineSecretover 7 years ago
Vibrating Slightly Differently

As a longtime fan of both incest stories and the "Earth-One/Earth-Two" comic books you reference so lovingly, I must applaud you on a genuinely clever and interesting story. Yeah, it was a bit complicated at times, but how could it not be? The characters were remarkably sympathetic and the action was hot.

Somewhere, that dirty old man Julius Schwartz is smiling and trying to fire up the Cosmic Treadmill in his office to get in on some of this parallel world sexiness!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pretty sure @TREKnRay meant Amy

1) hot as hell. Thank you for it.

2) pretty sure @TREKnRay meant Amy is a climate change denier. As it is the only way I can see that comment making any sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very Well Done!

Loved the concept and the characters. I do feel the story moves a bit fast and could use a bit of fleshing out, but have to say it is very readable. Bravo Zulu on this one! 5 well earned stars!

SSW 1050

happydutchguyhappydutchguyalmost 7 years ago
Loved it!

I agree with SW 1050 though about the pace of the story. The concept lends itself for a 15 page story with the same amount of sex in it. If you do that you could give Burntredstone a run for his money! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Interesting concept...

But I tapped out by the 4th paragraph as a convoluted story got even MORE convoluted with the "Stephanie tricked Dad into sex, then she had sex with both her parents and she would probably have sex with Steven's dad". This could have been a really good Sci-Fi love story if you'd kept the incest aspect between Steph and Steve. The "Mom and Dad are brother and sister" plot twist added an interesting dimension to the story, but as with a lot of stories on Literotica, the authors seem to not be able to help gilding the lily by including everyone in the family except the dog. I've read several good or even great stories ruined because of that. Just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Syfi and love making

My two favorite things together with a perfect fit. Awesome the way it was put together in a probable way things could happen. This could be a great book to make. Thank you for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved it!!!

Very great story line and concept. I loved the detail and discription you went into describing how the 2 worlds connect and such things of the manner. I do wish you would have explained what the inter-portal travel looked like, and maybe wired you had slowed the storyline down a pinch. Overall, 10/10 brava to a marvelous story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
i read it till daddy dau fucked

1 star I always DUMP those stories. 99% of dad/dau are rape or mind manipulation resulting with a mentally ill dau. percentages are tremendously lower in mom/son or sis/bro. look at the research, I did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Liked the Concept But..

would have preferred if it was just brother-sister me and no1 else really engaging in the sexual stuff each to their own good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A world of difference

Wow I really liked that it was a metaphorically a page turner

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

great story needs another chapter however

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
Great Sci-Fi, But

The incest-cubed thing got to be too much for me and I decided to skip to the end to comment. Still, it's great sci-fi, so you've got that going for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I wasn't sure if I'd like it at first......

With a few 'minor' exceptions, the more I read the more I like it.

By the time I finished, I liked it enough to give it 5 Stars........

lovedefactolovedefactoabout 3 years ago

Loved the concept and the execution! Kudos

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

Definitely a different kind of incest story. Was a little hard to follow but it was interesting to say the least. A second chapter would be interesting to see if Steph and Stevie have twins. 5 stars

LeenysmanLeenysmanalmost 3 years agoAuthor

@Rancher46 -- Grandma Mary's comment that they'd be cranking out clones would be a strong reason to NOT have children together, even if it were ruled medically safe. Any children would have something like 94% commonality with each of their parents and the resulting resemblance would be so strong as to be dangerous to their secret, altered birth certificate or not.

No, either they'll adopt or the Earth-1 Scott will be asked if he would agree to father Steph's children. But there's not a lot of drama in that to justify a sequel.

Of course, there will be more parallel worlds than just Earths 1 and 2. Having a similarly-conceived Samantha Mobley on Earth-12, whose husband Scott dies and she comes to Earth-1 to meet his counterpart because he's still single (although involved with Steve and Steph), offers some interesting possibilities.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

excellent story I almost wish it could be turned into a movie. there was a movie about this kind of thing except the writing on one world was mirror image to the other. and the swame person on each eath was called a doppleganger.

Elkhorn1959Elkhorn1959over 2 years ago

crazy theme. really liked the concept.

WesleyWPWesleyWPover 2 years ago

Robert A. Heinlein would be proud. Or maybe he is, on Earth 5. He would write both versions and sell them to different markets.

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 2 years agoAuthor

@WesleyWP

High praise to even be mentioned in the same breath as Heinlein.

Speaking of "both versions", I actually DID write and publish a non-incest parallel world story, in which a young man is accidentally transported between parallel worlds and discovers a pair of women are living in what was his house in the other world. I just haven't posted it here (yet).

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearabout 2 years ago

I read your other story you just mentioned first, then after reading the comments sought out this one. You always manage to be pretty thorough with your outlines for your stories it's one of the things that draw me to your works. I liked the other story just a bit better as I found it more whimsical. "Can we keep him, Mom?" Both are great stories, I for one would love to read more about the lives of your multiverse. Thanks for sharing.

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

Very Fun, Funny, Romantique, und Sweet!

Love this passage:

["Sounds like a question for the piled higher and deeper crowd." he answered. ]

A.K.A. P.H.D. - just flippin' funny!

WillmottWillmottover 1 year ago

Too close to cuckoldry in the sharing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLeenysman@Leenysman
1942 Followers
Please read my username/pseudonym as "Leeny's Man". Leeny was my wife's nickname, and she died in December 2014. I'm 60, looking to recover my life, my joy, my confidence, after some bad years before Leeny died. Literotica, or porn in general, isn't something she would have...