All Comments on 'Abby Ch. 08'

by Kezza67

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Worth the time to read

The Description of the English Countryside. The delightful tale of the Railway and the scene with the Grocks and the Gossip at the end were delicious. Though I admit that the last statement of Jack was more or less the pot calling the pan black.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 11 years ago
Delightful

I grew up in a town of less than 1,000. All of the pots and kettles are black......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
What a wonderfully written piece! the story itself is...

fascinating, but you have such a great talent for telling it. I will comment more later, but this chapter was even better than the previous chapters. Thank you for the time you have spent to carefully describe every scene and event without throwing in mundane and superfluous text.

JR

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Total talentless garbage !

I regret the time I wasted in reading this drivel !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wonderful!!!!

Those who can write do! As for the rest, will complain.This is how a story should be written. To many readers on this site...... have no taste. They want a quick and easy read.

AlunCarregTheWelshmanAlunCarregTheWelshmanover 9 years ago
anonymous?

those who Anonymously and write a load of rubbish should go and read the beano , because good work of literature is beyond your taste, alun

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
it's baaack

anoyingmousie returns to whine about how much it hates this story. Chapter after chapter after chapter of it's pointless comments.

One could ridicule such a creature but it does such a excellent job of making itself sound ridiculous.

RPGerRPGerabout 9 years ago
Is anyone else worried that James may be Abby's half brother?

I was thinking that if James' father had been the one to give Abby's mom a slip on the shoulder (or worse), then I can easily see her mom thinking there was no one to whom she could turn.

To make it clear, I am enjoying this story very much.

ArchReaderArchReaderalmost 9 years ago
Memories

As a child of the 50's and 60's as well as having a Devonian ancestry this story brings back memories of sitting on the railway embankment with my Ian Thomas book ready to "cop" the identity of the steam trains rolling through.

Can remember holidaying in the Cob cottage of an uncle whose farm was on the edge of Dartmoor. Excellent story 5 stars.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
a delightful travelogue

Google Earth is my friend. It was fun looking and "virtually" visiting some of very obscure names mentioned on the drive.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11about 3 years ago

I keep coming back to this wonderfully descriptive romance. So warming despite the original tragedy. The characters are perfectly believable as is the dialogue. This chapter had me searching for my thesaurus "bruited", not acommon word in Modern idiom but so apposite. A favourite story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"This was not a major river, it appeared to flow and ripple gently over the stones lining its bed, a quiet chuckling its only comment on life."

Exceptional imagery. Thank you for hours of enjoyment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous