All Comments on 'Abby Ch. 17'

by Kezza67

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
ag2507ag2507almost 11 years ago
No Fair...

Nasty evil cliffhanger, lol

bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Pleasant Evening in the Inn

The people are really well presented and sharp. There is no confusing one character with others..... No Villains though. Unless you consider Abby's boss and her mysterious father as such, but neither is on stage..

hansbwlhansbwlalmost 11 years ago
Tickeling the trout!

I have done it, it does work. Fun thing to do. But it has to be done when the trout is about to release their eggs - in the spawning season, when they are in a "sexual" frenzy. Very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Just excellent!

Fully developed characters, natural dialogue, a (slowly) developing story arc, a bit of mystery (Abby's father is...?) and a mature romance. Certainly some of the finest writing this site has to offer. Ten stars!

pe1erpe1eralmost 10 years ago
An excellent description of the railway as it used to be…

"When he joined the GWR, it was run very much like the Army."

That wasn't just the GWR, it was all of the British railway companies, and it didn't end with nationalisation, it was still much the case in 1966 when I joined the railway, possibly not quite as rigid, but still the way was run. In the 1980s the senior staff dining rooms in large centres were still referred to as the "Officer's Mess". It was breaking down to a large extent by then, but it was only privatisation that completely killed it off.

oldsoldier44oldsoldier44over 5 years ago
Charming Details

A true gift, making one care about the minutiae of life and Abby's journey of discovery as well as gradual opening of Captain, Mr. James. Its as good as Trustee from the Toolroom.

Should be commercially published at least in a Kindle edition. But, really in a Hardcover.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous