All Comments on 'About Music and Determinism'

by Fred190666

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
IrvingParkeIrvingParkeover 7 years ago

My God, that was beautiful.

rnebularrnebularover 7 years ago
Very romantic

Great job! I really did love the emotion portrayed in these two characters. About the only nitpick I have is the over-the-top way he says that he loves her, on day 2. I think at one point in that conversion he says he "love, love, love, you" or something to that effect. He's a sappy guy so I guess it works, just seems a bit much. Very nice first offering. You should consider writing more, although if you do, you might want to find an editor. People can be very forgiving with the first couple stories, but after a while will complain... Thanks for sharing. 5*

Rnebular

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
May be romantic

I can't understand how people agree to such age differences I mean the guy is as old as her father.

griffin57griffin57about 7 years ago
Hi again

I HAD read this story before, but hadn't commented on it. Don't know why I didn't. Glad that you submitted another story to remind me to come back to this one.Yeah, you DO need to write, at least part time for a living. It is that good.

bootneck81bootneck81about 7 years ago
Second story

This is the second storie I have read of the the three you have post, both have kept me enthralled to the end, I am off to read number three right now, truly gift writing, thank you

300bowler300300bowler300almost 7 years ago
OVER THE TOP

ONE HECK OF A LOVE STORY, AND TOLD WONDERFULLY, THANK YOU FOR IT...! ♥♥♥ BETTY jo xoxo

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 6 years ago
Impressive first story

I’m Glad there are many more of your stories to read. Thanks.

Chris7swChris7swalmost 2 years ago

Terribly sorry but I lost interest about half way through despite me reading this some 5 years after it was published.

I really found that the majority of the conversations - the clean ones and especially Matthew's words that is, totally reminded me of conversations in a book that I've just read (for perhaps the 10th time). Your conversations were so placid; so full of precise details and so full of appropriate phrases and praises; to the extent that they felt totally out of place in a sexy love story.

They're purportedly the words of a mid-50s guy but I'm pretty sure I'd remember speaking like that if I'd done so back then in my past and I didn't, so it doesn't sit well with me.

The book that this so reminds me of is, of all things, Swiss Family Robinson, which was first published almost exactly 200 years before your story. (Well, 210 years ago actually)

I want a story in which the chatter swings along, flowing and jumping; splashing and calming - animated in other words - and I just couldn't find that in your words.

That's not to say that this isn't an excellent story but it's not up my street even if the subject matter is.

Oh, also the music interrupting the story. I don't connect with music as you obviously do and I neither understood the tunes nor the words, despite enjoying Phil Collins.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFred190666@Fred190666
166 Followers
Environmental auditor, math/science teacher and part-time security guard French-Canadian, married 30 years, two (great) kids, twice grandfather