Accidental Hero Ch. 09-12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,604 Followers

"I know ... but something about you has changed."

She shrugged. "What do you see, Ian?"

"You're more calm. It's been almost four years since we were together, so I guess that's to be expected. I was surprised that you asked to be my physiotherapist. I wouldn't have expected that if I'd know you were at that hospital. When we parted, I didn't think you wanted anything more to do with me."

She was shaking her head. "No, you're wrong," she sighed. "I broke up with you because I was frightened. I was afraid to admit my feelings for you. I was afraid of what it might lead to. I was afraid I was falling in love with you. That scared me and I couldn't handle it."

"And now?" I questioned.

"I've spent the past few years wondering if I'd made a mistake. The only answer I can come up with is that I was immature and not ready for a commitment. There was nothing about you that wasn't good. You had a job with a future. You were handsome and a very nice young man. You were much more mature than I was. You have no idea how many times I wanted to pick up the telephone and call you ... but ... I never had the courage.

"When I saw your name on the patient list, I made a snap decision that I wanted to help you. I wanted to be with you again ... even if it was just to make up for how we broke up. I almost had to bribe Pete to let me switch assignments," she smiled, "but he agreed and here I am. I wanted to try and reconnect with you, Ian. Now, after the time we've spent together since you started rehab, I haven't changed my mind. It isn't just because I feel sorry for you or how I hurt you when we parted."

"Oh," was all I could manage as she virtually told me she wanted us to try again. "Shelly, do you remember the last thing I said to you when we parted that day?"

She shook her head.

"I said I hoped you would find someone that would love you half as much as I did. I haven't changed my mind or my feelings for you. I still love you, Shelly."

She smiled, a few tears causing her to blink before she reached for me. The kiss lasted a very long time, followed by a hug and more tears. I was hoping against hope that I had the answer I was praying for. Superman and Wonder Woman were together again, in spite of everything. I looked up and saw Mom standing at the entrance to the kitchen, smiling through a few tears herself.

"I want to spend some time with you again, Ian," she said when we finally broke apart. "A lot has happened to both of us in the last four years. We aren't the same people as we were then. We need to make sure it's going to work this time."

I nodded. "I know. I think that's what we should do too." Let's face it folks, I was a tame dog for Wonder Woman.

~*~

Week four of my rehabilitation marked the end of my time in my parents' home and the return to my townhouse. I could manage the stairs and, more importantly, it gave Shelly and me the privacy we wanted. The crutches were returned and I was managing with only a cane. I had over 105˚ of flex in the knee and I was becoming more confident of a complete recovery. I got no objection from my mother. She knew this was important to both Shelly and me, and she certainly wasn't about to stand in the way.

But the remaining question was when Shelly was confident enough in us to resume our intimate relations. I'd been on the brink of asking her several times, but stepped back, not wanting to push her too far too fast. We were bringing the last few pieces of my belongings that had migrated to my parents' home back to the townhouse one afternoon. I noticed an extra small travel bag, but then got distracted by Shelly.

"Now that I have you where I want you, what are you going to do about it?" Shelly asked in an unfamiliar sultry voice as she pushed the door closed behind us.

It took me a few seconds to catch on that she had not too subtly turned the tables on me. She became the aggressor that I only wished I was. But, if nothing else, I recovered quickly.

"It's a long climb up those stairs to the bedroom, but when I get you there, I'll show you," I grinned evilly.

Her smile was catlike. "This will be good exercise for your knee."

"That wasn't the kind of exercise I was thinking of. Were you?"

She laughed. "I've been trying to work up the courage to kick us off this dead space for a while now. I take it you don't object?" she said, her eyebrow cocked and that knowing smile on her lips.

"I didn't want to rush you, but I assure you, we're both thinking the same thing. I want us to be together, Shelly. I mean, together - together."

"I know what you mean. That little bag I brought along is a couple of changes of clothes for me. I wasn't intending to go home this weekend. Are you getting my message?"

I wrapped her tightly in my arms. "Loud and clear, lover."

I took very little time to get up the stairs to my bedroom. I didn't know whether to be in a rush to strip and jump into bed, or take my time and go about this slowly. Shelly decided for me.

"Strip, Ian. I'm overdue for some serious lovin' and you, in your semi-invalided state, will be challenged this afternoon," she announced.

"I'm up for it," I said as I quickly disposed of my clothes.

"I can see that," she grinned, eyeing my prominent erection still contained within my undershorts.

All my vivid memories of Shelly came surging back as she disrobed, taunting me as she revealed one more part of her perfect body. My erection was painfully full and my nerve ends were jangling with anticipation. I was sure I wouldn't last very long and that almost put me in a state of depression. The last thing I wanted was to disappoint Shelly.

"I know what you're thinking," she said as she removed her last article of clothing. "You're thinking this could be over very quickly, aren't you?"

"Yes ... exactly that."

"Then let's do something about that," she smiled, slinking onto the bed and taking my erection in her warm soft hand. She looked down at it, then opened her mouth and closed her lips over the head of my shaft. I almost came right then. It was an electric-like surge I hadn't felt in a long time. Shelly was very gifted at oral sex and I knew when I felt her tongue slide up my organ that I was going to shoot very quickly.

"It's com ... min', Shel," I gasped, my head flopping back on the pillow.

"Good. Sooner is better," she smiled before resuming her stroke.

That was all it took. "Awwww ... Shellllllleeee," I cried as I could no longer control myself.

She took it all, every last drop, licking her lips as she smiled a smile of satisfaction. "There, that's out of the way. Now, it's your turn."

"Can you get on top, please?" I requested. "My kneecap is still very tender."

Again, she smiled, moved up over my head, grasped the headboard, and lowered herself onto my mouth. I hadn't forgotten what to do to satisfy her with my tongue, teeth, and fingers. She was just as wound up as I was. I'd barely begun to add my fingers when I heard her cry her release and sink down on me. Luckily, there was space to breath, because her trembling body was unable to move for a few moments.

"Oh, God, Ian ... I needed that. I'd almost forgotten what it felt like. Can we do that again?"

"Whatever you want, if it's within my power, you shall have it," I said in quiet voice.

"Maybe later," she said, sliding down my torso and reaching back with her hand to find my recovering cock.

A few strokes of her hand and I was fully ready for what came next. I felt her rise up on her haunches, her hand guiding me to her sopping, warm center, then slowly sinking down on it with an audible "ooofff." She was in control and began to rise and fall in a leisurely pace, her eyes closed, her breath coming in little gasps as the sensations hit her. I couldn't remember quite this dramatic a reaction to our making love in the past, but that no longer mattered. This was "the new Shelly" and she was a more expressive woman. My quick orgasm was the necessary starting point for our lovemaking. I felt like I was going to be able to last much longer and satisfy Shelly completely.

There were times that afternoon that I though we were trying to make up for all the lovemaking we missed in the past four years. When we finally knew we couldn't go on any longer, I looked over at the clock radio and saw it was almost seven-thirty. No wonder my stomach was rumbling. I'd had a light breakfast and only a sandwich at lunch. I was sure Shelly was in the same state.

"What would you prefer, pizza or Chinese?" I asked quietly as she lay beside me, almost asleep.

"I don't care. Just feed me," she mumbled.

I rolled over on my side, stroking her naked back and gently squeezing her buttocks before reaching for the phone and punching in the preset for Ginnaro's. Pizza was always good after making love. It's an Italian thing. I ordered a large deluxe and was told it would be at my door in thirty minutes. I shut the phone off and lay back, admiring the perfect beauty of Michele Petrovic. How in hell did I win someone as beautiful as her? It seemed almost impossible ... but then, at times my life seemed to follow just as improbable a path.

I rolled out of bed and headed for the ensuite and a shower. I was barely inside the cabinet when Shelly joined me, smiling and wrapping her arms around me. We soaped each other down and dried each other off. We were in no hurry. We dressed lightly; me in shorts and a t-shirt, Shelly in sweats. We'd barely finished dressing when the doorbell rang and Shelly hustled downstairs to get the pizza. I followed her much more slowly, of course.

I don't think I'll ever forget that weekend. Later, we would call it our "lost and found weekend." We barely left the building and seldom dressed in more than the absolute minimum. And, just as in the past, we talked. Her parents were well aware of where she was, and had accepted that I was her chosen man. My parents actively promoted the idea that we spend some personal time together. After a long separation, Mom felt it was important that we got all our thoughts about our relationship out in the open and discussed fully. I think we did that successfully.

"Will you move in with me?" I asked on Sunday afternoon.

"I thought you'd never ask," she smiled.

"Wonderful. That's important step number one," I said.

"What's number two," she asked, showing a look of expectation.

"I've tried this once before, but here I go again," I said seriously. "Michele Petrovic, I love you beyond words. I want you with me always. Will you marry me and make my life complete?"

This time there was no hesitation, no doubt, and no rejection. She leaned into me and kissed me with passion and love. "Yes, Ian. I will marry you," she said, a few tears now showing.

We spent several minutes just holding each other wordlessly. I felt an enormous weight being lifted from my heart. I had the answer I was praying for. I had the woman that I had dreamed of capturing. For the very first time, I actually felt like a hero. I was a victor in the battle of vanquishing my doubts and realizing my hopes. It had been a strange journey getting to this point, but now it all seemed worthwhile. Even losing Shelly for a while didn't feel as tragic as it once had. It was all part of some strange, mysterious life pattern that befell me. What would happen in the future was unknown and unknowable, but with Shelly by my side, I couldn't imagine failing to succeed. After all, who or what could possibly come between Soup and Wonder Woman?

END

*****

This story was edited with my thanks by ErikThread and Jerry@EdSOL. Any errors are mine alone.

coaster2
coaster2
2,604 Followers