All Comments on 'AERIE: Book 01 Part 05'

by Rollinbones

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
cantputitdowncantputitdownover 2 years ago

Every time I read one of your stories I find myself sliding effortlessly into the worlds you create. First the nostalgia of the Queensland hinterland, and now this harsh but beautiful avian world. The worlds are only bettered by your characters. Merler's man-boy and his little chick. Thank you

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

I have loved this story from start to finish, if this is out of the Author’s comfort zone, I’d stay there. Great sci-fi creation, very original in concept and I’m hoping the next part of the story fleshes out the world of Arcadia and the Portal system, but then I’m a Sci-fi reader outside of Lit and most of us like the world details to give colour to the stories. Many thanks for writing Rollinbones, 5* is a given!

ender2k2kender2k2kover 2 years ago

That was awesome. You have created a really interesting world. I look forward to reading book two when it is done. Thanks

bhojobhojoover 2 years ago

Lovely story - familiar yet alien.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 2 years ago

So looking forward to the next parts of this story. I think it's every boys dream to be able to fly, maybe as Superman or even a bird as did Todd. There is much to the story that one just has to take on faith and believe in the magic of the tail and not to question. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was a wonderful adventure, to be taken to a fantastic world and learn about it along with Todd. I loved the power of his love and his connection with Eris, and then the clash between their species- which is also a profound sub-plot that I applaud you for tackling. Every conflict just made their reunion even better and more rewarding (even though I sweated through Todd's battle w/Terser). Thank you for taking your readers on this journey, and take a well-deserved rest- much like your Toddy you've traveled a long way to take us here.

Bravo 💜

bhojobhojoabout 1 year ago

Rereading this story I really liked it. I suppose book two is still on the back burner ?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

As a Kiwi of European ancestry married to a Chinese wife from Borneo I appreciate the challenges the young couple went through to achieve a permanent relationship. I am happy I did not grow wings or have to fight at risk to my life to consummate our love!

A great tale told simply a with real warmth. It deserves to be carried on to raising a family.

The trials of offspring deciding where they fit or get fitted in the spectrum between their parents' cultures would also be a rich seam to excavated for interesting stories. This is my children's experience and is a continually evolving saga with many rewards.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRollinbones@Rollinbones
Amateur word-smith. Proffesional procrastinator. Busy with a few on the go. Please be patient. I work full time and fiddle here when i get a few quiet moments to myself. Thankyou for enjoying my mutterings.