All Comments on 'Aiko'

by jimbo_in_vegas

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Really?

in describing your character, aiko, as 5'6" you had to throw in a parenthetical "very tall for a japanese woman." really? what can this kind of observation possibly add to the narrative? it doesn't do anything for the reader. one can only assume it is there to make you, the narrator, seem like some kind of expert on japanese women. but it's just factually wrong. visit japan. MOST women there are between 5-4 and 5- 6. you're not really "tall" till you get above that. and "very tall" starts somewhere even higher. maybe 5'8, 5'10? i don't exactly know. all i know is that this kind of BS completely breaks the fantasy. nobody wants to hear some armchair white japanophile opining on the normative standards of asian body types. do you have a 1950's high school text book vision of a calcium-deprived asia that no longer exists, or do all asians just look small to your big white american eye? either way, you've kind of ruined your credibility. i was in the mood to get off on some porno and suddenly i'm only seeing a white dude who pervs on the asian cashier (vietnamese? chinese?) at the staples store in the local suburban mini mall, and builds a fake fantasy about submissive japanese women, from things he's seen on the web. asian women are amazing, and it's great to fantasize about abusing them, but you've gotta tighten up your stuff, dude.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous