All Comments on 'Airbag Thanksgiving: Absolution'

by outofshadows

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No sense

So the Sister that went and used her husband like a goddamn meal ticket was really super ultra good and a misguided soul and deserved a second chance at life just cause she loved him. I'm sorry but emotions themselves aren't a good enough excuse for forgiveness fuck that shit.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
A good Thanksgiving story...

A good Thanksgiving story...It doesn't matter if it differs from SS06's story, but is the writers way to see things...Is a good reading...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thoughts dont matter. They do not define you.

Your actions are the only thing that do.

Melissa proved with her actions in the original story that she was a heartless bitch.

She was extremely selfish. She wanted Johnny along with all the thousands of little things her husband did for her to make her life perfect.

She never actually loved him. She just needed the perfect life.

Selena did love the guy. She keeps his secret and always did what was best for him.

In the original the diary was burned to spare him additional guilt. She had already won him by then. Reading a few pages about how Melissa felt would have only a trivial impact on the Ian's life.

The writing was fine. But it was unnecessary to put a 180 degree spin on all the characters...

HmunsterHmunsterover 8 years ago
Moral Turpitude

The writing was pretty good, but Ian's reaction to Selena and the overall moral of the story were horrible. Selena lies about the diary and wants to move past Melissa and Ian can't handle that, but Melissa cheats on him for their entire marriage and uses him as a meal ticket, and he's cool with marrying her again? What makes it even worse is that it's Melissa's heart in Cass, meaning it's the same Melissa who will cheat again. So what if she had some regret for her actions? How in the world does that matter? I'm sure a serial rapist has some twisted level of remorse too, but he continues to commit horrible acts and deserves to be put down like a dog. The remorse means nothing if it's not backed up by action, and Melissa did nothing. Once death comes it's too late. She didn't deserve a second chance and by marrying her, Ian deserves to have her cheat on him again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
As if the original wasn't enough

Just more mindless rubbish on the heap of the "original" story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
3*s

LMAO !!!

This was more satire ,humor than horror !

You did a great job adding depth to the characters . Melissa and Selena became more complex . They are much better than the card-board stereotypes StangStar06 usually creates .That's about the only positive . Oh, the dialogue was good too.

The details you added to the original story, that contradicts what was actually written went too far . I can only believe that this was intentional . After re-reading the original and then your "Absolution" outofshadows , the incongruous attempt to induce fear made me laugh! I couldn't take you seriously!! Come on admit it . You intended for this sequel to be funny .

I wonder if you got SS06 permission to use his characters and story ?? He might not see the humor in this story .

Outofshadows it is probably a good idea if you get some additional editor/readers for your stories. Use a little more of your experience there in England as a basis for your stories.

Gave you 3*s .Thanks for the story .

AMerryman

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Not Buying It

Turning Selena from a loving, devoted friend/wife who only wanted to spare Ian the additional guilt from realizing that Melissa may not have deserved death into some sort of an evil bitch is just TOO much!

In any case, however much she may have "changed", the fact remains that she trapped Ian into marriage, used him to support her loser lover, and lied to rape him when he divorced her. She could have agreed to a "reasonable" (Hah!) divorce settlement, THEN worked to HONESTLY (if she even knows the meaning of the word!) win Ian back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just too big a flip flop from the original charcters

What was the point? You didn't like the original characters or the original ending? This seemed like it wasn't at all necessary. There was an ending to the original story that worked so why change things all around and put this ending to the story? It wasn't very satisfying and although the technical writing was okay, it just wasn't fun or entertaining to read. With SO many unfinished stories out there, pick something else to finish that needs finishing. And on that subject, does anyone know if FTDS is okay? We haven't heard from him lately and I, for one, miss his finishing up other authors failures to finish. CHEERS!

outofshadowsoutofshadowsover 8 years agoAuthor
Selena

@sbrooks103 and other potential Selena supporters

Yes, I recognise that Selena was meant to be heroine in the original story but 2 things in the original inspired this twist.

A) Selena's seduction of Ian was accomplished through her getting him drunk. He didn't even remember the incident . Melissa is no angel but heck, at least she seduced him while he had his senses with him. He was an active participant. Selena's seduction would in other circumstances be substance date rape. She may not be as manipulative as Melissa but she ain't no innocent.

B) She moved into Ian's bed the day after Melissa dies. Ok, putting aside the fact that Melissa was her sister, what heroine/decent lady does that? Not sure if this is what was meant as devoted friend and wife. Frankly, her keeping quiet about Ian's deed is a bit disturbing and I found myself wondering if she meant for it to be a lever. And the fact that she burnt part of Melissa's diary but kept using the information in the other parts to make Ian happy in bed just reinforces the gloating tone of her last words in the original.

I think SS06 left enough room for doubt about Selena's character - a glimpse into her fears and motives for keeping the secrets she kept comes in the part of the original where she acknowledged that she would have lost to Melissa again if Ian had read the diary. It is implied that for all the hurt in the marriage and Ian's professed feelings for her, Ian still loved Melissa.

In a story where none of the characters are shining innocents, I chose this alternative perspective of characters because I wanted to tell an alternative form of the story and I accept whatever feedback there is, negative or positive, since everyone is entitled to their opinion(s).

outofshadowsoutofshadowsover 8 years agoAuthor
Humour and Horror

@Anon/AMerryman

Yes, it started out as a joke and no, it's not meant to be a horror/gory/slasher flick story but you would think in a category where the cheating wife is meant to be punished unto death, it'd be a horror story just to have her come back don't you βŒ’.βŒ’

Frankly, I'm not posting to win awards or points, just want to write my own version of stories or my own stories. So while feedback is always welcome, I'm never going to play the impossible game - pleasing everybody or at least the majority.

And yes, I asked SS06 twice regarding the story, I usually ask authors before I start work on stories that are linked in some way to their work, but frankly, with all the fanfic out there, it's impossible for authors to really keep track of potential storylines. I love several alternative storylines and while I may never be as good, i don't see the harm in having an alternate storyline. And for this story, SS06 had an open invite on his story regarding rewriting I think. You'll need to check his SOL site.

EddboyEddboyover 8 years ago
i dont get it

she cheated on him the whole marriage and he takes her back?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
THANK YOU

Outofshadows ,I was wondering if it was inadvertently humorous or intentional .

Yes you are right . Do not pander ,write what you want !

I must add that you previous story "BTB Forum.." was an original plot . It's just that the execution was a bit wanting .

Still I believe that your own story , whether poorly written , plotted , etc is better than A continued story started by another, collaboration excepted .

I look forward to your next story . And again Thank you for the polite response, lol.

AMerryman

outofshadowsoutofshadowsover 8 years agoAuthor
Continued stories and originals

@AMerryman

Thanks for your response. Actually BTB Forum Founder's story was a reaction to an earlier story written by another author. Despite the reactions, think it conveyed the emotions the original story raised and therefore my reaction.

Sorry to disappoint but have a list of stories that I promised/contacted authors on so it'll be that for some time. My original stories are percolating lol.

Danger09Danger09about 8 years ago
StangStar DO NOT need your help finishing a story..

He's got this... Trust... You ruined the original story, this made ZERO sense. Did you actually read stangs story? That bitch of a wife was fucking scum!! there's NO WAY to comeback from that long betrayal... There's no way to forgive and forget the bullshit she put Ian through.. The slut was the one who deceived, betrayed and played Ian but she refused to let him go! Threatened to ruin him in a divorce if he just didn't let their relationship stay the way it was. Her attitude towards the whole thing was get over it and you think just her being simply sorry/remorseful is enough to forgive the cum slut? FohπŸ™ŒπŸΏ should've left the bitch dead...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
You always write the same story, over and over

The grammar is ok, editing fine. The stories just fall flat. You always write a sympathy story for someone who doesn't deserve sympathy, and it just doesn't work.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Ugh!

I liked Stang's ending much better, it should have been left alone.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
@outofshadows 12/05/15

Selena did NOT get Ian drunk!

Direct quote from SS06:

Selena and I got together of course. There was actually no getting together we were already there. That first night coming home from the hospital, after I threw Johnny out of the house I checked on my kids and went to bed. Selena was already there.

"What?" she asked. "The doctor told me to watch you." That first night we didn't have any kind of sex. We didn't actually have anything. But I woke up the next morning pushing against a big soft ass and with two big handfuls of titty. We both knew that it was going to happen and that it wouldn't be long.

When it finally did happen it was explosive. It was at least as good as things had been with Melissa. That was another thing they had in common. The difference was that Selena loved me. She did all of those things not because she wanted money, but because she loved me. She always had. She also loved my kids and we had no secrets from each other to ruin things. As far as her divorce went, we gave her husband some money to just sign the papers and go away. We got married. And we lived happily ever after.

NO mention of alcohol!

outofshadowsoutofshadowsabout 8 years agoAuthor
Not getting Ian drunk

@sbrooks103

The getting Ian drunk part is in reference to when Ian relieved Selena of her virginity. He didn't even remember the encounter. With that in mind, this "sequel" gives another view of how the Selena and Ian hookup (after the death of Melissa) took place.

@All who hate the ending of the sequel

You're entitled to your opinion. I merely took two small details in SS06's original story and twisted things - Ian's dilemma and realisation at point of Melissa's death that she did love him even if she did awful things right through their marriage. The other point was Selena's smug sneakiness in concealing/destroying part of the diary- if she didn't think it would impact her relationship with Ian apart from her ostensible concern over how it would perhaps worsen his guilt, why would she do what she did? Whatever Melissa has done and however bad she was, it doesn't justify what Ian and Selena collectively did. None of them are heroes or heroines, that is the point.

PS To those who're flipping birds over the story - to borrow a line from Chris Rock: I like my birds dead and deep fried LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

Great! Eat shit annony

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5 starrs

a litle weird.... but i like it

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 πƒπ”πŒπ π“π‘π€πππ˜ π–π‡πŽπ‘π„β„’ (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka NEEDYOU200 aka ANON!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Calling Starstang: Where is the Original Story?

I hate when the original story disappears.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Twisted

To make it into a RAAC , how disrepectful.

I mean what is more disrepectful than cheating and using your spouse to pay for it ?

A lot of people feel some remorse when death is near.

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
A Nice Bit of Alternate History!

It sounded as if this was inspired by Buddha..... A bit stressing in the middle but in the end all is well.

WvrjjrWvrjjrabout 7 years ago
Airbag thanksgiving original can be found. Google it

It's on "storiesonline". Many of my favs are there as well (like Justplainbob)

The original is quite good, and I really like what outofshadows has done here

Very cool together. Thank you both!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Selena

The only change I would make to Stang's ending would be to have Selena tell Ian that she knew what he did, so that she could share his guilt with him, so he doesn't have to suffer with it alone.

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
Imaginative

This is a skilled author with a goofy storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
so he would rather have the cheating slut back

than Selena, Mellisa cheated on his dumb ass for years. And that is who his misses, cuckold central

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
CAN ONE BELIEVE IN THE PARANORMAL

when it affects your life and surroundings, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
STang story didnt need a sequel

This story is stupid and only served to show how wimpy you are giving the woman whoe cheated on him for years and ever truly loved a second chance.

Get your head screwed right, yuo need professional help.

And story messing with other writers stories, especially good ones like the one you screwed.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago

Pitiful sequel to a pitiful story. In Stang's (now thankfully deleted) version, Ian was a wimpy cunt, but he ended up finding love at the end of it...even if the story was a pile of shit

What the fuck were you thinking, giving MELISSA a second chance?! Seriously...were you high?! I know sequels have the tendency to not live up to the original in many, MANY cases, but let's be honest here....Stang set the bar exceptionally low here. You, somehow, came along and managed to LOWER that already ridiculously low bar. How the fuck did you pull that off? I haven't seen a sequel THIS bad since Howling II. And that movie is a masterpiece compared to this

Naturally, one star, though it deserves far less

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Different

A little bit of a different type loving wife . Didn't care much for the original either.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just awful

Try to justify it as he has in the comments, this is not a continuation or an alternate ending. The departure from the original action and characters is so extreme that you really can't read the two together and get something coherent. Normally a good author, but this is a travesty. This should be pulled just like SS06 pulled his.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Bizarre

Wow. Just wow. You took a good story, complete with an ending covered in irony... and turned it into a Spielberg-like production of a lousy ghost story script.

It only lacked a zombie.

Awful. And yes, I read to the end.

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicagoabout 4 years ago
No, no, and no!

Disclaimer: Yes, I could be called a SS06 fanboy, therefore my opinions here are biased on the simple fact that (for the most part) his stories should be left alone. (There is one story I read that was supposed to be a "sequel" to one of SS06's stories that was actually pretty good.) I've read Airbag Thanksgiving on SOL. Not my favorite story of his, but not even close to being his worst either (IMO).

I understand that people wanna emulate or pay tribute to certain authors based off of their stories. Their own revisions or sequels or spinoffs to stories they've read. However, I'd like to think that doing so has certain rules that need to be followed to make for a plausible and decent tribute. This "sequel" breaks the rules and does not work. As pointed out by most of these commenters having assumingly read the original, there is NO reason that Ian should've went back to "Melissa" (a la "Hostile Takeover", a good story BTW). Melissa was a bitch through and through and it wasn't until her meal ticket was taken away that she wanted to shape up and fix things, classic example of not appreciating the well until it runs dry.

Now, do I agree that Melissa deserved to die in the first story? No, but then again, I don't exactly argue that it happened. And to answer one of your questions...

Q: "(Selena) moved into Ian's bed the day after Melissa dies. Ok, putting aside the fact that Melissa was her sister, what heroine/decent lady does that?"

A: One that hated her sister for more or less stealing her man and was going to END UP MARRYING HIM ANYWAY!!

I'm a realist and as such, one would have a very hard time convincing me that death vindicates a person. Case in point, Melissa was a gold-digging bitch that didn't even try to love her husband until AFTER her marriage was threatened. Please explain how her death changes ANY of that.

Now, I could agree that Selena MIGHT have been wrong for burning those confessional pages that she found in her sister's diary knowing that if Ian saw them, there's a chance he'd be so wracked with guilt over what happened that Selena would never get him. I look at that as what goes around, comes around. Remember that Melissa got herself impregnated by Ian on the sly to steal him away from Selena? Yeah, turnabout is fair play.

Again, I get people wanna put their own spin on some existing project out there. That's understandable, but there are just some things out there that are better left alone. That story was one of those things.

1-star (And that's only because 0-star is not an option.)

-JMFC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just to show my lapsed catholic upbringing, I feel the deviding line between hell and pergatory is true remorse and repentance. Melissa at the moment of crisis did indeed show her love for her husband. But that doesn't O.K. her getting to come back and ruin her sisters life again, if she truly wanted to atone she should have put things n course to correct her original misdeed of stealing Ian from her as Selena had started out living him where Melissa only wanted him as a meal ticket and was cheating on him from before they got together, the only reason the kids were even his was so there would be no DNA proof for the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a steaming pile of shit. "Blinded by my wounded pride" because a person who vowed to cherrish, love, respect and treasure you treats you like a meal ticket.

Only thing you did is romanticise bad behaviour. The real sacrifice would have been putting in the time and effort to make the marriage beautiful and filled with love and happiness. Turning ordinary into extraordinary takes time, effort, energy, devotion. That's a sacrifice. What she did was just a cheap cop-out, an empty gesture. The truth lies in her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It's O.K., But too, Too much condemnation of Selena and not enough recognition of ALL the wrongs committed by Melissa. Yes Selena exited on a hateful note but driven there by a conniving, cheating trickster of a cheating bitch sister who tricked, trapped and cheated on her loving,faithfull husband all throughout their marriage so most of the condemnation should still go on Melissa.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous