All Comments on 'Airport Intimacies'

by MikeOxpink

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Grammar and Usage

The author is obviously not a native English speaker (or else dyslexic).

There were enough misuses of the language in the first two screens or so that they ruined whatever enjoyment there might have been in the rest of the story.

For example:

Mother of Pearl - not "Purl"

Aisle is a passageway - "isle" is a small island.

"mostly board" - a board is a plank. What you meant was "mostly bored"

"between to complete strangers." - what you probably meant was the number two.

"as the flight drug on" - "drug" is a medicine. "dragged" is probably what you meant

"wonder" is to have questions about. "Wander" is to walk around aimlessly.

"plain" can either mean a large field or "simple". "Plane" usually refers to an

airplane (unless you're in a geometry class).

If I had continued reading, I would have probably found more of them, but I did not continue reading because these kinds of gaffs kept distracting me from the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I don't give a damn about the editing errors

It is a damned good story. The wrap-up about the boyfriend was a little hokey and unnecessary, but the air mattress was a laugh riot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Thanks to anonymous in USA 8-26 (corrections)

My complete agreement with "The author is obviously not a native English speaker," etc. These errors drive me nuts, but I didn't have the energy to correct him, and I think you and I are the only ones who care.

The MouseThe Mouseover 5 years ago

I enjoyed that story greatly; just the right mix of pace, nice sex and a faint sense of the ridiculous.

What stopped it from getting 5 stars? The spelling errors! I know, I know; a petty thing for many, but really took the shine off for me. Hope to see more from you though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous