All Comments on 'All at Sea'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 10 years ago
Dissatisfying

and it should be. The death sentence is certainly warranted for the rapist in this story. I am dissatisfied with the real life fact that courts invariably fail society. Vigilante justice happens because the court system fails spectacularly. I gave this a *****

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
A story from another era ?

There were definite nuances to admire as there should be in any story authored by this esteemed writer. Did the narrator fail all along his way to a hollow victory? His wife was lost, as was his foray into the transcendence of forgiveness. In the end, he's prospering in material sense but still wounded at his core. Loved that dichotomy ( reminiscent of some Polanski films) .

Some author's have trouble credibly 'dumbing ' down their narrators. This story's main character was no where near as crafty as most of Britease's protagonists. I never fully believed in vantage point, but still enjoyed the ride. As a crime-centric story, the lack of forensics was notable. This could have been set forty years ago.

Overall, however, I admired that this tale wasn't slick or glib. Britease's best stories have those two qualities in spades, clubs, diamonds and hearts

. This author seems to be trying something new.

For me, some parts of this story worked so well, other sections needed polish, but I was guessing and cared how this would end, throughout it's entire telling. Nice!

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
REVENGE IS POSSIBLE IN MANY FORMS

and the best is when the deed is done and you don't have to pay for the pieces, TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
No, I think that the judge had it right

Under the law he committed aggravated assault and had to pay for it..

Very unhappy tale, I admit that I really do not think that the last contact with Blowers would leave me cool, calm and collected for life.... Killing someone even when it seems at the time justified leaves a perturbation in the spirit.

CybawulfCybawulfover 10 years ago
Dumbass.

Hasn't he heard of photocopying the evidence and keeping the original in a safe place.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
Really like this new raw style.

You promised us dark and delivered it in an absorbent violent and entertaining tale. The baddie was a little too black-hatted maybe, the plot overdone but the writing carried it. 5*

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
I like your writing

But this one didn't do it for me. Skip the lost confession, I guess it was the fact that the characters are not really formed. The wife is DOA, so to speak, and And really all we know of the serial rapist is that is what he does. Why the guy agreed to meet him in a remote place is unfathomable, and why he, the rapist was so unrepentant is another layer of unbelievability. No word play, no wit, no cleverness, no dramatic twists.

See what I mean?` No story elements to engage our interest.

Chilley.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
5* story

Original idea, very well told.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Good but Sad

Sad tale.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 10 years ago
You Never Fail...

......to Entertain!!!...........Five (5)!

THANK YOU.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing. Always good to read your stories.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Great tale as usual!

Very sad stuff, but at least you got the Payback on Asshole for raping Wifey. She should have had a little faith in Hubby, though. She was RAPED, for God's sake.

Oh, well. Gripping read as usual, Britease. Keep holding the Line across the pond in the face of the usual Brit cucks. Outstanding work as always.

5 Stars.

dylan954dylan954over 10 years ago
I couldn't vote

I hated the content of the story, it was so unfair, it was,however, well written and good story line and it is not right to condemn a good story because I don't like the story line. So apologies to Britease for not voting on this occasion but as there was no category for very well written but I hated the story outcome, I decided not to vote!

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
Dark

Like the story and the Anguish and Revenge of the Wronged Husband.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

Well written as to be expected from Britease but to much suspension of disbelief is needed for the story to work. Why wouldn't the wife go to the police or at least talk to her husband before killing herself? I also couldn't see how anyone could ever forgive somebody who raped their wife causing her to take her own life. The rapist agreeing to meet the husband of a woman he raped who had beat the shit out of him before along with sending him to prison in the middle of nowhere is just to much to take.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Damn the Ginger complexion

This may is swarthier than your usual cast of characters in a metaphorical sense.

No coughing, no blushing, no stammering, no sneaking peeks.

Very direct kind of guy...but not stupid. A bit emotional, but ya know...that cerebal hapless, 'oh so civilized' thing sometimes palls.

Good you got it out of your system.

So we got a Walter Mitty story and one of James Bond. Thank you.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
Well done!

Fine tale, lots to read and a great character to hate. Bad guys dies in the end.

Whats not to like? 5*****

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Strange

Not the normal type of tale I see on this site. However I do like a good revenge tale and killing the asshole who caused the death of my wife is justifiable.

In reality not my wife. I wished she would have died sooner.

Yeah I'm bitter. Still.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Only this

5*****

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 YO HO HO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM

a dead man left and a life to come, TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Suicide?

Given the near rape and blackmail I'm surprised that she committed suicide rather than confess to her husband.

I wonder if maybe she became a little more willing as things went on, and that's why she was so guilty.

The asshole DID say it was nearly rape the FIRST time, implying that there may have been more consent later on. Granted, that might have forced consent due to the blackmail, but we'll never know since she's not here.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 9 years ago
really Karene

Consensual from behind a blackmailer's hand?

Get real.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
A GIRL IN EVERY PORT

but storms force the ships into harbor. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tootight1Tootight1about 9 years ago
very nice

although a bit one sided. I admire his fortitude, in the ability to get even with the slime ball, even the part about forgiving him, which as it turned out, was what he needed to end his torture. had Blowers answers been anything other than what he said, he would still be in limbo. if one has never had a love of their life, how could anyone expect them to understand what it's like to have it removed that way. the reader will never know what went through the wife's mind when this happened, we're not told.

FirstBorn374FirstBorn374over 8 years ago
His loss...

was unexpected and eventful. He never got over Robyn. That's more commonplace than most of us are willing to accept. That was the theme here.

Five stars.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

While rape is a horrendous crime, it does not deserve death. It is statements like that that give death penalty opponents fodder to claim "extremists".

It should be castration, and not chemical castration either. Under the knife permanent.

And of course a maximum prison sentence.

Maybe even all teeth removed to better the chances of him getting some rape of his own inside.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Idle Thought

Blowers' secretary must have found the letter, and hid or destroyed it. Why?

Was she planning on blackmailing Blowers?

Did she have some sort of love, reciprocated or not, and was protecting him?

Was she in some weird way jealous of Robyn?

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Good

Very sad and traumatic tale.

Very happy the serial rapist got beat to death.

Forcible rape deserves death. Enjoy hell fucker!

Tootight1Tootight1almost 7 years ago
good story

but sad. You can tell the good Drsemblance that perhaps he is wrong, perhaps if it had been his wife, he would have a better understanding. Besides the terror the wife went through, the husband went through it also. Perhaps the good Drsemblance can try to relate to that.

Some wives cheat, I get that, some husbands too. That is entirely different from what happened in this story. In those cases I can see castration, but let the victim decide the punishment, not some political hack. The victim knows feels, and has to live with what was done.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Wow

Powerful tragedy

LVGirlLVGirlalmost 6 years ago
Very Nice

Loved the twists and turns.

IntruderjamesIntruderjamesover 5 years ago
Robyn

My first wife's name.. I wonder what ever happened to her...

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another

Another very good story. Glad Blowers for what he deserved, no matter who did it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Extremely lackluster and didn't enjoy it at all. Cant even give a rating. Would rather watch paint dry

CHUCK

Davidj001Davidj001about 4 years ago
Good story!

Really enjoyed this story!

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

Awesome story; keep writing. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Really Good

Good plot and well written. Heart breaking that a young marriage was sacrificed to one man's lust. Fortunately he got his comeuppance! 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Robyn

My first wife's name was Robyn. She may have died I do not know it's been over 40 years now.

5 stars

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

A change of pace from the author's usual work, but he does this very well too. Great story.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

I tried to like the story but I the writing was very confusing. Maybe it is a British style that I have to get used to.

But seems clear that husband first retribution was totally irrational. He should have thought through and prepared for punishment before acting. No excuse for his failure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Vengence

Britease writes with a light touch that feels conversational and disarming. Here his style blunts the horrific pain and grief that would accompany loosing one's spouse under these circumstances. Fortunately I have never been tasked to cope with a tragedy of this severity. It is likely a character flaw, or perhaps evidence of subpar moral evolution, but I would feel compelled to seek vengeance for my bride if I were the MC. Forgiveness could be offered to the perpetrator(s) posthumously.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

Powerful 5***** story! Sadly, it is far too believable.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

Suicide is horrible. She wasn't cheating. She was raped. The jerkoff rapist and blackmailer died a good death. Fuck him.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Dark.

The rapist got what he deserved.

I wish she hadn't committed suicide

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great twists!

A 5 🌟

Bill

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Britease does serious stories as well as humor. This was good and had great revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story - wish Robyn hadn’t committed suicidal but author’s choice.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazierover 1 year ago

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Brilliant.

ibuguseribuguserover 1 year ago

Brilliant indeed. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on a Fantastic story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, and the repeat got what he Deserved..

fredbrownfredbrown11 months ago

Got to admit ole Britease is a hell of a good writer and I'm going to spend a day or two reading his work. Being retired, and/or retarded - take your pick, I've got the time.

Since I have no sympathy for Mr. Blowers I give this tale 5-stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

He was really fucking dumb over the suicide note

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Read again. This could make a successful movie.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters15 days ago

Only thing in doubt, I believe its mandatory 10 years for possession of an unlicenced firearm, in the UK.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous