Almost Kidnapped Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Reno #3:

I walked into another crisis. The fire alarm was sounding and everyone was clearing the building. I ran inside onto the production floor not seeing any flames or smoke, WHAT THE HELL?

In the warehousing area I heard a sprinkler gushing. Oh shit, inventory. The plant manager came running to me - no fire, just a busted sprinkler-head, the fork lift driver hit it. Secure the damn water! Can't the valves are locked and chained open by the Fire Dept.

Like hell they will be – I grabbed the fire axe off the wall and ran to the big fire valves chopping the chain free. We rotated the valves closed and stopped the water. The real good news was the area that got soaked had only incoming painted metal parts on metal palettes – we really lucked out on that one. Just about that time the FD came rolling in with sirens a blazing.

The FD Captain was pissed, I chopped his chains and closed the vales, apparently I broke some law by doing that too. I told the Captain to stuff it or he can suffer the thousands of dollars of water NOT FIRE damage. The Captain told me the building is closed until the fire prevention system is certified as restored. I thanked him for his prompt +20 minute response time and in affect dismissed him.

I turned to the plant manger and told him to get me a ladder that can reach to that sprinkler head and a plumber's wrench. Then get some one to go buy a new chain for the valves and buy a one inch threaded iron-pipe cap.

Get me the phone number of the area Fire Marshal/Inspector. I called the Fire Marshal and told him of what took place and what the FD Captain barked at me.

Then I asked does the sprinkler system have to be 100% restored to occupy – NO.

Can I cap that busted sprinkler and restore fire protection – YES.

I've been told last year you recommended we install protective cages over the sprinklers heads as you saw this potential coming. I will have cages put on all warehouse area sprinkler heads in two weeks, is that OK – YES.

When can you come here and sign me off allowing access to the building – under an hour, great see ya.

I had realized by the Captains' tone this is his game and I could not win. He's a power prick and I knew this Captain would not sign me off for a few days just to flex his muscle of absolute POWER. I went around him to the Fire Marshal and hoped he was a reasonable man that understood economic impacts.

To insure no one got in trouble for any possible law violations, I climbed the ladder, I removed the busted sprinkler and I capped the pipe. I was almost done when two guests walk-in catching me atop the ladder.

Mrs. St George and the Marshal. Brandy's first comment is "what the hell are you doing up there?" I had just finished, I was soaked, and climbing down the ladder to greet them.

I asked Brandy please give me a minute as I showed the Marshal what had happened while we walked to the valves – he open the valves slowly restoring pressure and we were leak free. I gave him the new chain he unlocked the old chain and put the lock on the new chain.

He asked how the chain got busted and I told him I did it with a fire ax once I determined there was no fire danger and all employees were out of the building. He said "good answer." The Marshal said he would get all the paper work completed – you can now occupy the building.

Later I learned my plant manger graduate high school with the Marshal and vouched for me, being a fellow sailor, a damn good GM and Engineer.

I gave instructions that all the metal parts are to be de-paletted in the back parking lot dried off in the sun and then restacked back on the wire shelves.

I also declared the forklift operator driver's license is revoked. That driver must retake the fork-driver course and get a new license before he can drive on this property. This goes go on his record – tell Marg. Give him the towels to wipe down all the parts.

Just another day in the life of a GM putting out fires to keep production flowing – I wondered what college class taught me this?

I hope you enjoyed Part Six of my first story. I will pay attention to comments that are not Annoy's. Annoy's have no standing with me – either sign them or remain irrelevant. Thanks, OB Part 6/8

12