All Comments on 'Almost Pt. 04.1'

by danoctober

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

F trump you lost me

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 7 years agoAuthor
This is not a political story.

@ anonymous, this is a work of fiction. It is total nonsense. The story is set in the present time and the office of President of the U. S. will come into play. I want everyone to know there are no bounds to how improbable or ridicules future chapters will play out. It was never my intention to make this a political story. BTW - check out my profile and see where I'm from. Keep Smiling!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 7 years ago
Developing well

From the word go this story, delivered in tantalisingly slim slices, has hinted at plots within plots and the likely long character list that a complicated story naturally assumes. Now we are hearing about Dan's national importance, which balances nicely against his new girlfriend's important family connections. We are also getting detailed introductions to flesh out peripheral characters, so we know we are in for a long build-up with the potential for twists and turns, conflict and probably danger, as Dan's reputation amongst the relative obscurity of top world scientists will draw attention to himself as he is thrust more into a society where he will stick out like a sore thumb. Harrison is not the only uber-wealthy man (or State for that matter) who can pay for a dossier and understand from its paucity that national agencies are at work here and can access the people who can fill in the gaps. I am enjoying this build up so far and looking forward to the roller coaster ride to come.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Great chapter!

A great chapter. Although I am a man, I agree with Maria's opinion, at least with the essence of that opinion. If you are with your woman, there should be no other women to look at.

As for the politics issue, Dan is a man under government surveillance and protection, and if Sam's father does not get information about him, he already senses that Dan is in the spheres of National Security, It is logical that he goes to the highest exponent of the nation to find out what he wants, no matter who the president is, or the sympathies that people have for him. This is a romance story between a couple with many insecurities in their personal life, no matter if they are geniuses in their work or the money that their families own, here it is a battle for feelings.

I love the story and that's why I give it 5 *.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Wow!

@ Spencerfiction, thank you for your kind words and detailed synopsis of this little story of mine. When I replied to anon, this story had a 2.6 rating. Any characters given detailed background will appear in and out of this story. I was fustrated at anonymous's comment because I never intended to make this political. Your comments expressed my intention with this story better than I could ever have articulated it. Many, many thanks!

@ TheOldRomantic, you say your English is not so good. Man, your articulation describing Dan and Samantha's insecurities is exactly what I was trying get across to the reader. Your detailed comments and discription are not only greatly appreciated, they demonstrate a terrific command of the English language. Thank you sincerely!

Final notes for this chapter. (1) I know I need an editor. And am trying to find one. (2) This story is more about characters, humor, awkward situations, misunderstandings, and romance. It will have very little sex at all in it. (3) I don't intend to offend anyone with what I write but plan on writing some things that may offend the reader. (4) This story is NOT a serious piece of writing. It is total bullshit that has nothing to do with reality. Please take it in that vain.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Dan, if you want to quote scientific evidence stay close to the facts,

The only way electricity will be transmitted without loss is by using graphene based cables. Graphene was discovered by Russian scientists at Manchester University, England. Unfortunately over half of all the subsequent patents regarding applications involving graphene are owned by the Chinese, so they will probably be the people who are the first to transmit electricity with minimum loss of energy. Equally, forget high temperature stuff, focus on low temperature plasma assisted chemical combustion. This is the immediate future for hydrocarbons

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nice story.

I like this story. The humor is good. But you really need an editor. You have lots of errors in grammer and spelling. I was still able to keep with the flow of the story, but your errors were like hitting potholes on an otherwise decent story. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for your comments.

@ anonymous - You are correct about the science stuff, but I am not really a science guy. I was trying to give just enough background information about Dan's work to move on to relationship developmemt with Sam. Any future science information will mostly likely be minimal. Thanks for your input.

@ anonymous - You are correct about the editing issues. Hopefully soon I will connect with an editor to assist me. I've tried but also understand people are busy and I suppose an editor would have to find enough merit in this story to get involved. This whole story from the beginning needs some serious editing. But thanks for you suggestion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Different.

I like your story. You should spend more time editing for mistakes. Over all an interesting romance story. Got me looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not the norm but ok..

I like the story. It's strange but ok. I like it because it's different. I didn't give you any stars in the previous chapters because I was keen on reading the next chapter. One after another thing. You should get an editor. The flow of the story as a reader should be easy to read. It's not. The story is very good. The characters are really good. But your spelling mistakes make it an issue to enjoy. I'm not shooting you down. The story is pretty good. You just need to make some adjustments here and there. Most important I look forward to reading the next chapter.

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Trump

I found it distracting to read the series with numerous mentions of #45. Otherwise I'm looking forward to another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WTF?

"The President owed him. Would Trump return his call? Yes. Trump owed him and he was a man of his word. Was he about to screw the 30 year friendship they shared by demanding Trump return his call with that coded phrase?"

This. Seriously?

I was enjoying the hell out of it until this. I mean, come on, that mentally retarded chimp, that worthless excuse of a man-baby, that Darwin award waiting to happen couldn't hold a oonverstion for thirty seconds much less a friendship for thrity years! And keeping his promises? Has he kept any so far?

Dude, unless you were going for comedy then for the love of God why include the petulant, dementure suffering moron?

I apologise in advance for the reference to chimps. I in no way intend to disparage the good name and reputation of chimpanzees or other primates.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
`Lovin’ It

All my thoughts are covered in previous comments. My primary advice is that you continue to entertain us with your magic.

Thanks for sharing.

P.S. thanks for Ch 2 of ......Perfect Marriage

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Sure is

popular to dog Trump right now. It's like junior high when everyone decides THAT kid is the one no one likes. There was no more honor in it then than there is now. Great people discuss ideas. Average people discuss things. Small people discuss other people.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Good story

It needs some consistency checks, but otherwise it’s fun and well written.

For example, through 4.1, Samantha’s family name has appeared as ‘Harrisonson’, ‘Harrison’, and ‘Harris’. In this chapter Cheryl asked Brian ‘...What’s the matter with Brian?’ when it should have been ‘...about Samantha?’ Little mistakes that get fixed by proofreads.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

NGL, I was really enjoying the series but the trump crap ruined the whole thing for me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdanoctober@danoctober
Wow! What a time to be alive. Hope everyone passing by has everything going their way, with all good and no bad. Positive vibes from me to you.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Almost Pt. 03.2 Previous Part
Almost Series Info