All Comments on 'Alone at the End of the World'

by Cruel2BKind

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sad

I think leaving was the best thing he could do since he wasn't ready to tell the camp. Hope there's some love in store for him. Please don't let him get hurt...

julrijulriover 12 years ago
good story & plot.

Good story; but then I don't count as i love any kinda zombie or end of the world story. The weirder the better..This one is so well written and has great characters. thank you for writing it!

oh and before i forget, please have one of the crazies bite Mark right in the balls. thank you very much!

i'm going back to reread it again now. cant wait for chapter 2!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great stuff...

the rapes are completely atrocious but I guess its part of the plot. looking forward to things getting better for poor Jonah.

LanaLove93LanaLove93over 12 years ago
AWESOME!!!!!!

This is really good cant wait to read more. Update SOON!!!! Please!!

lori1969lori1969over 12 years ago
Agree

Great story so far! I agree with Julri about Mark, hope the bastard gets it from the zombies!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
good story

god i hate mark i hope he is torn apart by the crazies.

poor jonah he realy needs someone to protect him.

ps. hurry with next chapter please.

Aftermath82Aftermath82over 12 years ago
gosh!

I can't stop my tears :( hope this will has happy ending for Jonah

npiccininpicciniover 12 years ago
I Like It!

Great story! You always surprise me with your wide range of story lines, from sweet and tender to hard and violent. I like it! Looking forward to Chapter 2!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

1st line of story:

Rabies IS a virus, but mad cow disease is not. It is caused by a prion - a normal protein that has folded wrong. The cows got it from eating contaminated food products (mashed brains of other animals), which is how it got passed to humans (in contaminated beef).

nomoretears00nomoretears00over 12 years ago
LOL

I think Julri has started something about Mark(?) and where he gets it lol :) Love the longer chapter btw. This sounds like a good story.

LoveBird1929LoveBird1929over 12 years ago
I'm with npiccini

I love the wide range of your story lines, though I find myself drawn the most to your darker stories. Can't wait to see what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
You honor quite your name - CRUEL and NOT TO BE KIND - just perverted

I seriously hope that Mark is being stopped in the next chapter. I don´t like reading about abuse and I almost feel you are liking it a lot. There may be readers that appreciate this kind of fiction - I don´t. It just shows how perverted we as a species really are to the extend that there are people liking to read about such atrocities.Why can´t you make it more enjoyable- I think there are a great many readers who would like romance and being nice to one another much more than your perverted kind of writing!

Cruel2BKindCruel2BKindover 12 years agoAuthor
No one is forcing you

I could just remove this comment if I wanted to, but since you didn't have the balls to insult me with your name attached, I want to make sure you see this.

Not everything is sugar and honey. Many of the stories on lit are kept light and happy to appease the readers. I hope the readers like my stories, but I'm not going to curb where my stories want to go to make them happy.

BTW, Check out my ratings. People like the dark. If you want to read something happy, go somewhere else.

Aftermath82Aftermath82over 12 years ago
@ cruel2Bkind

Dear, please just ignore the comment from anonymous below. U were right, no one pushing him/her to read, and the most important if he/she wants to read some kind of that sweet-sappy-romantic story just find it.

But anyway, when is the chap 2 gonna be posted? :)

Love the idea of the bite tough"

frosty_hore8frosty_hore8over 12 years ago

just one thing to say:

come on jess be a hero, jonah needs you.

awesome, more please ;0)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Very good. Everyone is writing about werewolfs and vampires. I'm glad someone thought to write about "zombies".

It's a very good start, very heavy but interesting.

Reading it makes me feel like I'm watching a film, but that might be because I'm a zombie movie freak.

Looking forwards to your next chapter....please don't take too long. I'm already dying.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 12 years ago

An amazing and sad story. Poor Jonah and I hope Mark get what he deserves the bastard!!! (Sorry for swearing)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Not exactly an original idea

There was a movie a couple of years ago titled The Crazies. A government plane crashed into a swamp near a small town. A bio-weapon was spilled into the water and ended up contamination the towns water supply. Your description of the people in your story is almost the same as the way the infected people in the movie behaved. You may call them zombies, but they aren't really undead. Even down to the people running and hiding your story is similar.

The story is good, but it still seems to be plagiarizing the movie.

Cruel2BKindCruel2BKindover 12 years agoAuthor
I saw 'The Crazies'

And no, I don't think I'm ripping that off. If anything, I'm doing a hybrid of 28 days later and the walking dead.

'Zombies' or any reincarnation of them, undead or not, are a concept. You cannot plagiarize a concept. That's like saying that everyone who writes a story about werewolves is ripping off 'American werewolf in london'.

'The Crazies' was a movie based on a single town (not entire world) who got poisoned by a biotoxin (not a disease) and started acting in several ways, from violent to confused to suicidal. The movie was pretty shitty, involving a couple characters trying to escape, and the BIG BAD GOVERNMENT crackdown. (as opposed to drama between the survivors, and an extensive look at the aftermath)

I'm sorry, but I get kind of touchy when someone accuses me out of the blue of plagiarizing, especially a shitty movie that has almost nothing to do with my story except the title.

feelinromanticfeelinromanticover 12 years ago
wow

its not an easy read, but it is an addictive one. You've done a great job and for me a lot oz zombie movies are very samey. This has something quite unique, though im not 100% sure what that is lol. I do know ive got a wobbly tummy from worrying about jonah, so im going to go rush over to chapter 2 just as soon as i can!! Thanks for sharing :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
inspiring, interesting twist on the zombie genre. Well done!!!!!!

Thanks for having the guts to write down this path. Be true to yourself, and the story, no matter what life it takes on. You stated in the forum about how it was turning out dark, and morbid, but sometimes stories do that, if they gain a life of their own.

I would just let it flow.

KUDOS!!!!!!

MolagBalMolagBalabout 12 years ago
Engrossing

Your work is magnificent, it's all I ask for when looking for stories on this site. I'm a huge sucker for dystopian futures/zombies/nuclear fallout stories. I'm looking forward to finishing this series!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

"It was a viral infection, spread through bodily fluid contact, similar in structure to both rabies and mad cow disease." - this might benefit from a bit of editing. There's no "structural" similarity between rabies and mad cow disease - between mad cow disease and creutzfeldt jakob disease, yes - both have a similar effect on the brain as Alzheimer's. Mad cow disease is caused by mutated prions (protein molecules), and there's some evidence that Alzheimer's may, in part, have the same cause. Rabies is caused by a virus - that's correct.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

To previous, I think it's from the book :) Cruel, you're awesome. 5stars

Haphaestion2004Haphaestion2004about 9 years ago
OMG poor Jonah ....

You made me cry buckets for poor Jonah - I kept wishing for Jess to come in while fucking bastard Mark was molesting the poor boy - I can't believe these people are this clueless - it's too sad for words !

If I knew Mark, i would kill him

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5 *

Heart wrenching!

illwindillwindover 5 years ago

Well I don't enjoy reading rape scenes, so there wasn't much here for me. By the way, feel free to tag it as such next time. Are these the "fascinating romance opportunities" you spoke of in the foreword? If so, I think I'll pass.

Also gotta say these characters seem about as dumb as the average cast of any zombie flick. If Jonah was willing to leave at all then the smart move would have been to do it before he was seriously injured and could gather up more supplies. And anyone with Jess's survival skills that is anchoring himself down to a big group is just asking for trouble. Ya know, it almost felt like these characters were "boneheaded idiots bent on destroying themselves."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous