All Comments on 'Along the Foamy Strand'

by Lisa Summers

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Enjoyable!

The earnest creative effort by this Writer has produced a gentle story of a sweet endearing love between two women. Call me crazy, but I enjoyed this story. Wonderful Read!

Max DownforceMax Downforceover 17 years ago
a minor scientific error

I really loved the story, though the ending came a bit out of the blue and contains a scientific error. Stars like our sun to not go supernova, only the very hot blue-white stars like our neighbor Sirius go nova, our sun will not.

However, if you get the opportunity to edit the story the earth will eventually swell up into a red supergiant like another 'neighbor' Betelgeuse, The Sun's temperature will drop to around 6-7,000 degrees but it will swell up large enough that the earth and the moon would reside inside the sun itself. I think that ought to create the effect you're looking for.

Evil AlpacaEvil Alpacaover 17 years ago
Touching

I really liked the interactions of these characters. I thought the dialogue was really well done and there was a certain warmth through the entire piece. I liked what you were doing at the end, though I did find it a little abrupt. It certainly wasn't the distractor that some of the troll commentators tried to make it out to be.

Lisa SummersLisa Summersover 17 years agoAuthor
A Note to Readers From The Author

Hello, Gentle Reader. Apparently, receiving the "Editor's Pick" notation on one's story, makes that story a prime target for some of the more loony visitors of this wonderful website. I have been forced to delete some comments which were quite execrable and bordering on the rabid, if not just plain nasty!

PLEASE criticize my writing if you will, I don't mind THAT. Rate my story low if you must - I can't stop you. But attacking the concept of a same-sex family is fit for some other forum, not this one. That IS the world I created for this story, and I am proud of it - I will not change it to honor some Cro-Magnon pathology.

And as for the 'supernova' issue. I knew going in that Earth's sun would not nova - it's not the right type, so far as we know. I don't mind readers pointing that out - it proves how very intelligent most Literotica readers are! But in the 'world' I created in 'Along the Foamy Strand', that information is quite incorrect, as the sun proves....

Anyway, I hope that you DO enjoy this story for what it is, erotic sci-fi horror. If you don't, and are somehow offended, well, tough shit. (And I rated it because I couldn't post this unless I did)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well said, lady

I'm not sure that I have always loved everything you have written, but I will say that you are one of my favourite writers on this site. This particular story is pretty brave, and very imaginative, and I am enjoying it a lot - I hope there is more to come. I'm glad you rated it 100! I don't blame you. If you didn't think it was worth that, I am sure that a writer of your calibre and integrity would not have submitted it at all. It didn't make 100 with me, not through any in-built fault, but simply because I don't really go for SF or futuristic writing - not my bag! Nevertheless, thank you for the pleasure.

freddy, Brit in Brazil

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Novas

I really hate to burst your bubble, but when the sun goes nova, it won't simply explode. Stars expand first over millions of years. The sun will slowly engulf all of the inner planets before its death. Earth will have been slowly incenerated to nothing long before the sun goes nova. Just a little info for you, otherwise this was an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great story

I really liked the story, specially the mothers and daughter relationship that you don't see on the other stories. The only thing I didn't like was the end. It wasn't expected and not so good. Keep on writing more I like your stories

fingers46fingers46almost 12 years ago
Liked the sex,didnt like the ending

Brilliant sexy story,spoilt by a very downbeat ending,I know all stories dont have happy endings,but

DCohen2349DCohen2349about 10 years ago
THAT Was Different!

With Sarah's premonition I figured something bad was going to happen to Amy, actually took some small comfort that she wasn't alone in her end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow!

I sure as hell wasn't expecting that. I guessed that Amy was to the be ghost only I thought that she would have had a presentiment of a tragic accident. Like some other readers, when reading the final paragraphs I was muttering something like "That's not likely to happen for about five billion years and then in a totally different way." But when I got my mindset past that I appreciated the denoument for what it was: a perfect piece of SF horror/tragedy. (And given the ending, at least Sarah and Katy didn't have to suffer and mourn.) Well done, Lisa, you're a good writer.

tygztygzover 7 years ago

Even if Sol won't ever go supernova in our universe, it's not beyond possible that a huge solar flare could pretty much torch the atmosphere and cause a large flux of radiation. Maybe the Earth wouldn't vaporize, but as far as humanity is concerned, the net effect would be the same.

About the story: tender and hot (though I wouldn't appreciate the bit of manipulation by Sarah, maybe it's done openly enough that it's a known thing and an ok part of their relationship). The ending was quite abrupt, a metaphorical slap in the face!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Weird Ending...

Good Story, but very weird ending!!!

alexwatson62alexwatson62about 5 years ago
NO ONE SAID THE STORY ...........

.......... was set on THIS planet "Earth", but using normal logic, that would be the natural assumption.

Personally, I like many others, including the author know that using current knowledge, and I use those words guardedly, that our sun probably will not just explode, but no doubt there will probably be similar inhabited planets whose sun will explode.

BUT, and it is a big but, these stories are fictional and so the "norm" does not and should not always apply, through in the possibility of "alternate realities" and conceivably EVERY eventuality becomes a possibility ............ and that IS a very scary thought.

BTW, again personally, I loved the story for what it was ........ a love story with loads of sex, written by an extremely talented writer.

NobleKorhedronNobleKorhedronover 1 year ago

Sorry, but this totally sucked. WTF were you thinking...?

okami1061okami1061about 1 year ago

Don't debate the physics.

Just feel the emotions.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous