Alt U

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Top priority for Zoe: psychiatric department, she will never forget seeing Dawn floating down the river.

While visiting one of the families, the wife was concerned about the bill. "I will have Tiffany give you the bill to date and let both of you talk about it together."

"Tiffany, can you print out the bill to date for this family?"

'Yes Mum.'

"Here you are ma'am." Tiffany walked out of the room with a smile on her face.

The wife had a good deal of concern on her face; it was very detailed and many pages long. Each surgery was over $1,000, several tests were in the mid hundreds, some of the medicine was quite expensive. "Husband, how are we going to pay for all of this? Look at all these pages." Then, she got to the last entry,

BALANCE DUE $0.00

She was dazed and speechless, all she could do is hand the report to her husband. He read the report very carefully, trying to absorb the cost. He could see why his wife was speechless, the amount would be huge, he would have to get a loan or mortgage on the house. Then he flipped to the last page."

"Tiffany, is this a joke? It is not very funny."

"Sir, I can assure it is not a joke. She wanted to give you the total bill when you were discharged, but she saw your concern. Please don't talk to her about it, that's the way she wants it."

That is how things went at the hospital, poor got free care. If you could afford it you gave a small gift and if you had deep pockets, you set up regular large payments to help the poor.

Zoe felt it was up to the community to keep the hospital running.

Zoe cried herself to sleep every night.

A little girl walked up to a 'Mind doctor', "Mister, Miss Zoe cries herself to sleep every night, she saw Miss Dawn in the river. Can you help her please?"

"Miss Zoe", said the doctor, "Many concerned friends know you are sick and want you to get well. I have collected a full team to help you in all areas, you have no choice in the matter and you have to stick to the program."

Enter Normal Universe.

For some reason one night, Zoe headed out to the stables in her bedclothes, on the verge of sobbing. She hugged 'Apache', "Keep her safe boy."

'Apache' seemed to understand.