All Comments on 'Always On My Mind'

by CarterCounty

Sort by:
  • 89 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
A good and neat little story about an all too common problem..

Office Lotharios and lounge lizards are always a problem and your hero handled it very well.

chytownchytownabout 13 years ago
Good Read!

Thanks!

size14shoesize14shoeabout 13 years ago
A real man

Far more so than those who wait for wife to screw up so badly that their marriages are at risk. Gotta go now and check out the rest of your stories. ;-)

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 13 years ago
A different kind of loving wives story

Glad it wasn't a cheating wife, and liked the twist to the story.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
dumb wives are dime a dozen

why would she spent that much time with another man.wife at fault.

harbormaster1harbormaster1about 13 years ago
well done

the man handles this situation well....good read

Mousse9Mousse9about 13 years ago

Quite surprising that Gary didn't stop after his boss told him off. After that even a grin could be construed the wrong way. Not to mention what he kept doing. Then again, without that, we wouldn't have a story ending like that, would we?

@shoe: You should read the story properly. I mean actually read it.

It's not my intention to demean Jerrod, but in this story it's Cheryl who shut down Gary BEFORE Jerrod said anything. Cheryl had already made a decisive action by refusing and throwing the drink in Gary's lap, after realizing what it was that Gary wanted. That was without any help or action from Jerrod. Credits where credits are due.

Those "other stories" you are referring to, the husbands wait and see whether the wife would actually betray them. If they were caught before the act, they simply be more sneaky the next time.

Copy/paste:

"If Cheryl was doing something wrong and I confronted her, she would probably stop seeing this asshole Gary. She would stop because I caught her; but I needed her to stop because she loved me."

And that is EXACTLY what Cheryl did. One of the few actually loving wives who stopped (BY HERSELF) before bad stuff happened.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good story

Your thoughts seem to bounce around alot though. An editor might be able to help with that. Otherwise, good job.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Pleasant Story

about a dangerous situation. Jerrod's good sense and pro-active attitude reinforced his loving wife's actions. Kudos to both of them, and, of course, the author. Truly loving wives are not expecting someone to try to move in on them. Short sharp invitation and praises yes, but not the slow relevant conversation ramp up. It works the other way, I try to give support to all my colleagues including those of the feminine persuasion and suddenly in a few cases they are convinced that "we" have a future....

Great work!

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 13 years ago
Nice Little Drama

One, I bet that is played out everyday except for the gun part. I enjoyed it. A no nonsense story with none of the stupid little tricks that authors seem to playing more and more these days. You know, writing three quarters of a page with the husband just about to open the bedroom door after hearing his wife with another man and then say, "To be continued" If the story is good it doesn't need tricks to make it interesting. We're not selling soap here. Keep on writing, I liked your story and your writing skills are good. There are a lot of good writers and some exceptional ones, too that read this category and provide valuable advise. Looking forward to your next story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
why would that idiot size14shoe

ACTUALLY read the story?

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 13 years ago
Pretty good story

Enjoyed this. Fairly well-written too. Thanks for writing.

jimh67jimh67about 13 years ago
Good story

Neat trick writing a revenge story without the slut wife. Also the revenge scenareo was written so that Jerrod would probably get away with it. Gun shot residue explained and no ballistics match. Why would Stewart make up something like that? Because he's been sniffing around Cheryl and wanted to get Jerrod out of the way while coming across as the sympathetic victim.

Also well written. No factual inconsistencies or awkward sentences that jarred me awake and took me out of the flow of the story.

All in all, a great job, especially for this category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
likewise

In my younger years about 50 years ago a "friend" whose wife I was better friends with showed me his new autoloading pistol and how good he was at hitting a moving tin can before dinner at his farm. I got the message and moved on to a new job soon after...quite a few miles away....Like 100

True story,

wiser with age

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
A good story that includes trust.

I like that the husband trusted the wife, and allowed her to explain herself, instead of collecting evidence. Once recieving the confession, and the problem didn't go away, the husband stepped in and protected his wife. Well Done!

cpetecpeteabout 13 years ago

Nicely done. Well written, a different type of LW story and pleaseure to read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I Enjoyed This Story

Most of the Loving Wives stories are so predictable and boring. Many of the rest are all that and badly written to boot. This one was different. You had good plot, good pacing, decent character development, nice turns in the plot.

This makes me want to check out the rest of your writing to see how it goes.

Thanks for a really good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
where

would the law not nail you for that

RHinSCRHinSCabout 13 years ago
Good Story

A woman with brains. How do you cover up residue? More residue. Some forget that the cops have to prove it. Sometimes it's not worth it for them to try. Good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Nice story

An actually wife who loves her hubby, a wife who isn't a slut or a bitch, a wife who's faithful and a hubby who isn't a wimp.

Loved it, everthing is as it should be. We need more like this.

db1044db1044about 13 years ago
Good Story

Gary left town with his balls still attached - too bad.

jedbeakerjedbeakerabout 13 years ago
Nice!

Sorry for the lack of constructive.......I liked this one alot!

greyfalcongreyfalconalmost 13 years ago

nice story!! We need more 'feel good' stories like this where the wife isn't a psychopath, obsessed, didn't know what she was doing, was going through a phase and countless other nonsensical reasons authors here provide so as to justify the actions of a cheating wife.

The wife here was smart and realized what that pathetic loser Gary was trying to do, at the right moment. The best part was when the husband refused to spy on the wife. He proved that he was a man with the reason he gave in the next line. It was refreshing to see the communication between the spouses in this story which is commonly lacking in the other stories of this genre. The ending was hilarious with Gary running away with a tail between his legs. Gunpowder trick was not something new but interesting to read nevertheless in a situation like this.

i am giving you a four on this submission. Short and sweet. I like it. Please write more like this one.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 13 years ago
Not bad

Like most have already said, it is nice to see a story where the wife stops the unwanted attention before it is too late.

Now, some advice. Always change paragraphs when the person speaking changes. Find a good book on basic grammar and punctuation. I wasn’t sure who was speaking a few times in this story. It seemed to change in mid paragraph without even a closed quote

Overall, I liked the story. Thanks

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Good One

You know, most wives are like this in the workplace anymore. Sexual Harrassment charges get filed a lot! This type of person doesn't survive long now days with all the sexual harassment training. Only Winterfrog's Country doesn't have any such thing, or so according to him! I loved this story too of two trusting spouses. I like Winterfrog's as well!

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
she still was a sucker

she's lucky her husband put a stop to it

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL

Thats one way to handle a situation. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncuck thinks

people should go to prison but hates the police? ignorance abounds...

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
Good to see..

..a story where potential infidelity is nipped in the bud before anything serious happens.

Also good to see Gary boy finally figure out that f**king married ladies may be hazardous for his health.

nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
Good story...

Well written and it was nice to read a story that didn't involved all kinds of elaborate schemes to trap the cheating wife.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Excellent Tale

A happy loving couple with normal problems and no cheating involved. Too good to be true? Anyway a great well written story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Excellent writing! This is the kind of wife I love. She did the right ting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Lol, what the hell?

Gunshot residue? The only evidence he needs is the bullets in the chair, the registered gun that the man owns because it's on the fucking record, security footage from the apartment building and the earwitness accounts of shots fired within the apartment building.

It's not like they'd just take Gary's word for it, and if he outright lied, he'd be on the hook for fraudulently reporting a crime where none was committed.

Way too much suspension of disbelief to work, and it's more than a little pathetic that he's using his wife to cover the fact that he's committed a couple of minor and serious crimes after he already distrusted and disrespected her without cause.

fanfarefanfareabout 11 years ago
anonymousie strikes again!

01/23/13 comments.

I would suggest you pay more attention to your Remedial English Teacher. Your lack of reading comprehension is embarrassing when we consider the effort being made to finally get you out of sixth grade. The protagonist had been careful to conceal his identity from possible surveillance or witnesses.

In order for the bullets dug out of the chair to be of value to an investigation, first they would have to be undamaged enough to be usable as evidence. You lack understanding of the difficulty to retrieve enough whole pieces to be reassembled. Real Life is not a CSI television script. Most smaller jurisdictions lack the scientific facilities and enough budget money to explore minor crimes. Yeah, I bet the police officers were real concerned that the jerk got some splinters in his legs.

Second, {try and follow the bouncing ball} the author made it clear that our protagonist had borrowed the pistol from an unspecified friend. Even if the police found the correct weapon, next they would have to securely link it our rambunctious hero. Do you have any idea how many Colt 45's have been manufactured in the last hundred years? How many have disappeared from any records, broken the chains of ownership? How many, since the Philippine Insurrection and all the wars that have followed, have been brought home as souvenirs by ex-military?

Accusing someone of a crime, is not the same as finding evidence that this particular person committed that specific crime. Then the investigators have to make the effort to convince the District Attorney's Office to make their own effort of prosecuting the accused for the crime for which they are being accused of. Finally, that is no where near the burden of proof needed to actually get a conviction of the accused in a court of law.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Superb ending

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Sweet. Very sweet.

Thx!!!

TalonsreachTalonsreachabout 11 years ago
Well said, Fanfare

I couldn't have said it any better myself, including the salutation (lol).

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Bathroom

She always had to go to the bathroom before they had their talk. The reason is to clean out her nasty cum filled cunt from her lover.

bobby9909bobby9909over 10 years ago
Thank you Fanfare, for pointing out

the grossly obvious to the reading comprehension challenged anonymous. Your points are spot on. I would like to add one further comment if I may:

Anonymous said that JW distrusted and disrespected his wife... Where the hell did that come from? When his friend John told him that Stewart was keeping company with Cheryl, JW chose to NOT take any action and to TRUST her to see where she went with it. Asking her what was wrong and giving her an opportunity to tell him what was happening can in no way be perceived as distrust or disrespect. In fact, it proves a much higher level of trust than I think I could display in a similar circumstance. And JW showed much respect by talking with her and giving her a chance to express herself in her own words and at her own pace. He calmly gave her an opportunity, she realized she was holding it all in, that not talkng to him was a mistake, apologized, and then she brought her husband into her world - like she should have done from that start. She even listened to his VERY good advice and took his suggestion as to how to handle the situation. That shows trust and respect going both ways.

Good job, CarterCounty. Great storry, nice plot line. Easy to read and it held my attention all the way through. Thanks!

griz375griz375over 10 years ago
The only thing that puntuates a statement better then a 1911.....

is an 870 - but its a whole lot harder to carry in your belt!

Good little story - thanks

I'm going to clean the guns now

SigintSigintalmost 10 years ago
Sometimes Anonymous Has A Point

A .45 in a chair leg at close range? Still in good condition. Two of them, no less. The apartment building doesn't have security cameras? I've never been to a gun range that doesn't. "He got his shooting card stamped at what time? Oh, let's corroborate that with the security cameras. " If that sergeant hadn't have walked in his shoes...But three hours for them to show up? Two .45's, in an apartment building? EVERYBODY was out of the building??

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

second reading just as good as the first. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
FYI

I live in a US jurisdiction where we neither register handguns nor have security cameras on firing lanes at a range. Firearms restrictions are imposed at the state and local level (thank you, 2nd Amendment), so you should not assume restrictions in your jurisdiction are the same as they are in the author's jurisdiction.

Thanks for the story CC.

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 9 years ago
Good Story

Nice plot, engaging characters, enjoyed the conflict resolution.

Thanks for the good read.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Was actually a very good story,

but I don't understand this driving need that women who get stressed at work have to

"go out with the girls". I do understand job stress, I do understand stress at home, but putting yourself into a situation that potentially compromises your marriage is usually not a formula for anything but adding stress to your spouse. Especially if there is drinking and dancing involved. A stressed woman and alcohol and young men that don't share problems with them but who will tell them anything to get them in bed? Don't see any good coming from something like that. Same goes for the other side, but this story is about a wife who goes out. Trusting your spouse doesn't include finding out that she dances with a guy from work, who incidentally she talks to about her problems at home. Stupid woman, stupid stupid. Unless this man is a friend of both the people in the marriage and the husband is aware that they are talking, she isn't being faithful to her husband. Take that as you will, but I believe this should be the part of cleave only unto him section of the vows. Also seems to me that lunch with this guy, 2 or 3 times a week should also be a red flag. I didn't remember anywhere in the story where it said that there was any business reason to the two of them to be meeting and talking.

Story was good, showed a lot of trust on hubby's part, but I think that it showed a lot of poor to very poor judgment on the part of the wife, especially since it was so obvious to the people she worked with, a new worker had noticed it and commented to her boyfriend and the boss knew about the lunches and stuff when she complained about the co-worker not backing off. So, stupid woman.

kdcee79kdcee79about 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

But as another commentator said, 2 shots from a .45 pistol into a leg of a chair even from close range is really good shooting as those things kick like hell, plus the noise factor. Then the police take 3 hours to turn up at the shooting range, how did they know where to find him, I'm sure he never mentioned that he was going there to his wife, so, very good detective work, hmmmm perhaps. It was this slightly unrealistic side to the story that made me mark it down a point. Still a good enjoyable read, nice to find a tale in LW where both partners are working together to save & improve their marriage. 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nice, wisht I would have done the same thing

My girlfriend and I went together all through junior high and part of high school. That is when she dumped me and the girl who swore she'd go to her wedding bed a virgin, was suddenly spreading her legs for her new boyfriend. It was awful for me but I went on with life. Imagine my surprise when we were thrown together and it turned out she and her boyfriend had broke up. One thing led to another over the next six months and then a year later, we were married. I loved her but it always stuck in my mind, that when I was most happy, she left me for another guy and let him take her cherry and pound her anytime he needed her pussy, something she readily admitted to me.

Then one day I came home sick with the flu, my wife should have been at work but it was lunch time, so perhaps she picking something up she'd forgotten. We'd been married about 18 months at the time. Still in the honeymoon stage, I guessed. Not thinking of anything but how sick I was, when I entered the living room on my way to bed, I was stopped in absolute shock. The love of my life was sitting on the couch with two empty bottled of wine on the coffee table, a coworker sitting next to her, with his hand inside her shirt where her bra had obviously been removed. I stood with my mouth agape in what could be medically diagnosed at severe shock. Her eyes happened to open at that moment to see me standing there and she screamed. That opened the eyes of her groper and like a shot, his hand was out of her blouse and he was racing for the door.

I never said a word to her as she sat there crying. Nor did she. Sick as I was, I headed for our bedroom. In less than 5 minutes I had everything packed I wanted and as I passed her in the living room, I took my house key off the key ring, tossed it to her and asked her to give it to her boyfriend. She tears turned to howling at that. I walked out, slamming the door behind me and drove away after leaving my cellphone sitting on the kitchen table with my wedding ring on top of it. After stopping at work to pick up quit and pick up my final paycheck, I pointed my jeep north and didn't stop until I got to Pinedale Wyoming. There, I found a job driving truck and started within 48 hours of pulling into town.

Over the next year, I didn't contact anyone, not even my parents with the exception of one message I left on their home phone, telling them I was fine. By the next summer I had saved enough money that I bought an old 1 room cabin and the 2.5 acres it sat on, paying cash in full! When summer ended, with the help of friends and coworkers, I had gutted the interior, insulated and refinished it with knotty pine, new windows and a new exterior. I had a well drilled with a pump installed and had both plumbed and wired the little cabin. For those interested, the cabin is 18'x22'. We put in a loft and an 8'x10 addition that is the pantry/bathroom. When I was done, I ran it on a little Honda generator, a few solar panels and a battery bank. Then I called my folks and invited them out.

They flew in to Jackson less than 24 hours after I called. They were impressed with my new little place and job, where I made more money than I had ever before. Then we got down to the important stuff. They wanted to know why I left Janice that way and what sort of man would leave his wife without a word? Of course, I asked them what sort of man wanted a wife that came home to fuck a boyfriend during her lunch break? There was a lot of back and forth, they said Janice had admitted to making a mistake but had never had sex with the guy. In fact, they told me, she was still in love with me and hadn't filed for divorce. They also claimed she had never been on a date or seen another man since I left, in the hopes I would come back to her. We had a good visit and when they left, I had a lot to think about.

I called a good friend who I used to work with and asked him to do me a favor and he said he would. I sent him money and sat back to wait. After about six weeks, I heard from my folks that Janice wanted to come out and see me, to make things right so we could be man and wife again. I said alright and they agreed my mom would fly out with her. They flew in and I went to pick them up and my heart almost broke when I saw my wife. She looked better than ever, other than her face swollen from tears. I refused to hug or touch her, something that made my mother angry and my wife cry harder. It seemed that she always cried.

We spent the next couple days at my place, she loved it, although it was moving on toward Fall. The three of us sat down together and talked, she swore her coworker had taken advantage of her and she was so sorry she'd allowed him to get her drunk and for me to see her in that state. Over the next few days, she was hurt that I wouldn't allow her in my bed, instead made it plain she could sleep with my mom on the hide-a-bed. Finally, it was getting time for their departure the next day and we really sat down to have it out. She again swore she had nothing to do with the guy since that day, she didn't go out or see anyone and had been true to me. She also said she'd never had sex with the guy when I got home that fateful day.

We were all sitting around my little kitchen table with her and my mom on one side and me on the other. I asked her if she would swear everything she told me was 100% truth and she reiterated she was willing to swear on her mother grave and a stack of bibles. I asked them to stay there and went up to my loft bedroom to retrieve a couple packets. Retaking my seat at the table I asked her one last time if she told me the truth and again, she swore she was. Then I opened the first packet and tossed her an 11"x14" photo of her and her coworker in my/her bed and he was pounding her doggy style. The photo was perfectly clear and you could see everything, and I pointed out the time stamp, it was only the day before they left to come see me. She burst into tears while my mother said there shellshocked when I brought out another followed by another and another until I had 6 weeks worth of her fucking a guy who was obviously living with her. There were even photos of the bathroom where you could see his toiletries, in the bedroom were his clothes hanging and in the dressers. My mother somehow ended up on my side of the table and staring down my soon to be ex. Janice of course, was almost hysterical and I told her that was her set of copies and there was video too.

Then I opened the second packet and gave her a stack of papers, divorce papers. I told her to look through them and she could take them home, I'd filed in our home city. If she would sign them, she could move on with her life with Bill, her boyfriend was Bill Harper and they could continue on as they had been. It was a quiet night around my place that evening and the next morning. I hugged my mom when I dropped them off at the airport . I never bothered to even look at Janice, she knew she was history. My mother continued to apologize until it was time for their flight. I'd have hated to been between them on the way home.

A few weeks later I signed the last papers and our divorce was granted, it would be final in another 5 months. My mother called me again and again, apologizing for what she'd done and also to inform me that Janice and Bill were expecting, in fact, Janice was pregnant when she came out to see me. How she planned on pulling that one off, boggled my mind.

It's been 5 years since my divorce was final. I'm remarried now, to a home town Pinedale girl and we have two little twin girls 26 months old. We still live in my little cabin and are planning on starting an addition soon.

My ex? Well, Janice let Bill know he'd knocked her up and he swore it wasn't his, it had to be someone else's, he'd had a vasectomy years before! And when the baby was born, it wasn't very white, it was a very dark little baby boy.....

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
WHEN EVER YOU MAKE A PLAN

always have a back door and leave it open. TK U MLJ LV NV

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 9 years ago
Yup!

That's the way to handle it. I know it makes a more interesting story when the guy always sneaks out without the lovers seeing but once in awhile we need a guy who confronts a problem head-on.

This story got 5*s from me.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Ed Grocott

edgrocott

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Just another cuck

The bitch is a cheater... The guy is a cum guzzlin cuck... It is always funny for a cuck writer to try to make the cuck into some kind of man.. It always fails .. With the cuck wearing frilly panties... Bonnietaylor and nattiesmith kiss my ass... No you bitches would actually like to kiss a real mans ass... You two just eat each other out.. No wait.. You probably already have.. Just eat shit and die... Brain dead morons..

kdcee79kdcee79over 7 years ago
Hey Anon 07/16/16

You are just SO AMAZING , omg, I can't believe how dumb the rest of us were not to work out what this story really was about. Shit bro pleease tell me what stories you've written so I can make sure I never read them - you really are a stupid dick ( 0pps sorry to all the other dicks ).

To CC not a bad story at all, sorry about the above rave but sometimes these idiots just rile me up. 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
call me whatever you want, but

I have always believed the only person a spouse should be discussing marital issues with is the other spouse.

Females-my wife included-tend to disclose anything and everything to other females. One day I asked her group of friends if they thought that behavior was okay. Of course they all did, giggling and smirking.

Then I asked them how they would feel if their husbands were sitting around the construction site at lunch telling everyone the very intimate details of their marriage-including what went on in the bedroom

I was greeted with silent angry stares

KRD19254KRD19254over 7 years ago
Salute to the hubby

Yes, I gave a hand salute to the hubby... He did what he need to do in a SMART and Military way. No one hurt but THE message delivered in a smart and discipline way that all 'real' men can appreciate. SALUTE

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I've Had To Straighten Out A Suitor

My wife came in and complained about a customer who had come on too strongly and in language that could not be misconstrued, practically demanded that my wife leave with him to have sex with him. He towered over my 4 foot 9 inch wife. She admitted he intimidated her. She told me where he worked and I made plans to meet him at his place of work the next morning. When I was directed to him, I walked straight through him and shoved his 5 foot 10 inch frame into a wall. With one arm across his windpipe and had him up on his toes looking up at me. My voice could be heard all over the building as I threatened him with legal action if he came onto my wife again. I told him the loss of business from his company would be missed; but not so much that her company had to deal with him personally. Then I told him if he showed up there again, I would be back to deal with him. And I promised him I would be sending him to the ER if I had to come back a second time. My wife never had to deal with him again. For the record I am a Marine. I stand 6 feet 4 inches... barefoot.

MullendersMullendersabout 7 years ago

yes size does indeed matter in fighting but that can easily be negated by having training and havinf some exsperince and i do beleave that sometime its betther to get nocked on your ass then to do nothing atleast they know you whont let them walk over you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
No Time For The Wife and Kids

.....but he has time to go shooting? Weekends off and work is finished at 3pm and he has time to go for a beer with a buddy? Sounds like he was ignoring is family pretty good! It's funny in alot of these stories how the guy is a black belt in some form of self defense or he is a crack shot with a gun or he is in survelliance! Oh well, I give it a week or so and he will be ignoring his family again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
husband gets face smashed...

...by very big strong guy...yet cops do not notice the bruising or cuts that WOULD BE ON HIS FACE??????

Just a little hole in enjoyable story.

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 6 years ago
To anony from 9/26

The story only says that Gary hit him. It does not specify his face or anywhere else. The only specific hit was hubby hitting Gary in the nose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Of Course.....

If they don't know a martial art and they haven't been in the rangers then the firearms come out. LOL. Make me puke. Yadda yadda yadda! Same old shit just another story with the same shit in it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
salvaging gary

We just "salvage" people like gary here in the philippines. Lots of sharks to take care of the evidence.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great story

Like Gary, I wouldn't hesitate to draw my legally concealed firearm if I felt threatened. I never have, in four years, had to pull it on anyone. It's there if I ever need it, and I know I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Fun bit of fantasy!

But I would never try it for real. I doubt I or anyone would get away with it. Good story and very gratifying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Cannot beat....

a happy ending and a story that showcases a loyal and honest wife. I am the survivor of a 30- year marriage to a loyal and trustworthy woman whom God called home, so I know whereof I speak. Great story.

FD45FD45almost 5 years ago

So the police never asked why this guy had bruises all over his face from being punched by Gary?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Personally, I never understood why

Either spouse has a weekly or more bar meeting with friends without the other one present, especially with dancing. And a wife confiding with another man without telling her husband is an invitation to disaster and divorce. Can they be friends, yes, but multiple get togethers, no! Put both situations together and if you did not have a best friend from 2nd grade, that is too close to cheating and disaster, even if they never even kissed. Like me, very few men forgive!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Reading again

I like a man who doesn't play, and carries a .45. Really good story.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
I always like how majority of the stories spell out the. 45 in detail

You know exactly what gun they are talking about and fired it or possiby carried it in service

Only Sgt when discharged so only fired it. As heli gunner ship in one tour of Nam carried .38 as sidearm preferred. 45

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Great story

That .45 Colt is one serious way to get your point across. Cal .45 would have done a number on the chair legs though.

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

Great story; I liked your level-headed husband and finally came-to-her-senses wife. The reason I gave it four instead of five stars is that a .45-cal makes one hell of a loud boom, especially when fired inside an enclosed space. My guess is that in the real world, someone or many someones, living in the apartment complex would have been dialing 911 Asap. The other problem is the trajectory and muzzle velocity of the.45-cal copper-jacketed slug. I seriously doubt the round would have stopped after hitting the legs of chair. The first time I fired for qualification with the .45-cal service automatic was in 1974. I requaled six more times with the .45, and three more with the 9-mm Beretta when Uncle Sam's Misguided Children made the mistake of ditching the .45 for the cheesy Italian automatic. Once back in 74, I jerked the trigger of my .45 during the rapid-fire portion on qual day, a newbie mistake. That round hit the dirt just in front of the target, ricocheted off the ground and tore the black out of the target. Weird but true, my coach gave me credit for the bullseye. Anyway, just remember that firing a handgun in real life is more difficult and a lot more dangerous than TV or Hollywood depicts. My guess is that the husband's rounds would have blown the chair legs to smithereens before traveling on and punching into, and possibly through, the apartment wall. In the latter case, the possibility of the round slamming into an unsuspecting bystander isn't to be trifled with, so forgive me if I don't cheer the husband's (my view) reckless course of action. That said, I liked your story and hope you write more. Best wishes and Semper Fi, Torgau

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
I really do enjoy this story!

All the cliches are there, but done better. She is having lunch with a coworker, but when he presses the issue she dumps her drink in his lap and slaps him. She reports him to their boss with just her husband's support. He scares the guy, but doesn't actually lay a hand on him. This is a great wife and a lucky man. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Enjoyed that story a lot.

Thank you for taking the time to write such an entertaining story with just the right amount of humour.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 4 years ago
My kind of girl....

The guy took care of business, kept his wife safe, AND let his wife handle it her way. A true partnership. As Air Force Spec Ops in Nam, carried the Colt 1911, and an M-16. Thank God they never got close enough for the .45; Claymores, gun ships ,and the M16 took car of business. The presence of and understanding police officer doesn't hurt. 7 stars. (still can't count. ) The Bear approves.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

45 would have obliterated the chair legs not through lol. Definitely a way to give message though

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Read again

Great story, good comments about the 1911 .45. I have my grandfather's personal weapon, and I fire the old cannon occasionally. It is a formidable weapon to be shooting indoors without ear protection. I like stories about wives who talk to their husbands, and husbands who take care of those wives.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Good believable characters.

No sluts & wimps.

Well written

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Should have killed the guy. He’s a predator , and will continue to be a threat. Just because he is scared of you doesn’t mean he will leave others alone.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars and no comment

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pro Tip: When discharging a pistol as a warning to an asshole, use frangible rounds, no ballistic comparison possible after projectile disintegrates hitting the wall or floor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty good story. But a caution, kids: DON’T try this at home. Who knows, the bad guy may have a gun too, and he might not be as reluctant to shoot to Kill as our hero here was.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars and I re-evaluated this story - I like it - Why? - because it sends a message to predators - beware the millions of ex-military professionally trained killers out there - none of us are the least bit hesitant to use lethal force when any member of our family is threatened - just something to think about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Like most guys here I have had my butt kicked more then once . Now I am a Black Belt and proud of the fact that I can protect My Family . I think that a side kick to a knee would have worked for Me . My Best friend is about 2 inches shorter and ex Delta .. Trust Me You can give him a bad time But Never say anything about his family . He will put you in a hospital in a New York second . I saw a huge guy say something about his wife and pay the price for it .

fredbrownfredbrownover 1 year ago

This ole boy's smarter than most. I'd prefer a little tap on the side of his head myself but whatever works .......

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thankyou for another good storey. I am getting to like your writing more and more, mostly because the plot feels more realistic - the hero does not get the girl, the husband does not leave a traill of broken lives behind him. I feel that I could know one of your characters in real life. OK, sometimes the white knight makes a good storey, but I just don't know any personally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on a good story . My best friend stood less then 5" 10 " tall and weighed about 165 pounds . Me and my 2 cousins walked into a bar as He was getting beat up by 3 guys . The Bartender didn't even call the cops . So We got him justice our way . It is good to have a really big family at times .

RodzzzRodzzz10 months ago

“It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” --Mark Twain

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story. A real marriage but also a good partnership. No stalking the wife. Communication. Laying it out. Being honest and truthful. Sorry guys but standard lunches is not freaking. She was never tempted by the asshole. And the MC took care of business. The gun switch and the trip to the shooting club was ingenious. Also the alibi. Liked the police office. Liked everyone except Gary. Though yes it is sexual harassment regardless of going to lunches. Not how it works nowadays. 5 stars

FluidswallowerFluidswallower4 months ago

Good job!! Thanks for a fun read!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The MC lied to his wife multiple times about something that could impact the stability of their marriage. He would argue he had her best interests at heart when he deceived her. No, he substituted his judgement for hers and does not respect her sufficiently to be honest with her about his belief that his intellect and problem solving skills are superior. He infantalizes his wife when they have a difference of opinion on a matter he believes must be handled as he sees fit. There is no healthy union of equals to be found here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous