Amelia & Andrew: The Diamond Legacy Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you Charles and I will be glad for any suggestions Vlad or anyone else has," Andrew replied. They talked for a few more minutes before they ended the call agreeing that they would contact Charles once they were across the border.

Charles hung up the phone with a heavy heart he wanted to go pick them up but had reluctantly agreed all he would accomplish was getting all of them captured or killed. He silent stared out the window wondering if would ever see his friends again.

"OK, how do we go from here?" Andrew asked looking at Bill.

Bill punched up a map of the US/Mexican border and began to study it. He was looking for an area where they could cross with relative ease. The trouble was it would be a breeze for them to get through customs once they made it to the border however since Rodrigues controlled a large portion of the police and military he could easily use them to make sure they would never make it to the border.

Fredrick was looking at the same map that Bill was and came to the same conclusion that bill did. He set their trying to come up with a plan that would greatly increase their chances of survival. Fredrick had one advantage over bill his father's organization was spread throughout Mexico and the northern part of South America.

"Bill I have an idea. Head for the Universidad Mesoamericana Del Centro in Puebla. I know of a place near there that we can get a little rest, food, blood and most important of all a different set of wheels," Fredrick suggested.

Bill looked at the others in the car and they all nodded seeming to agree with Fredrick. He then considered the alternatives and saw few he knew by now Rodrigues would have all of the crossing covered. He called the other two vehicles and told them to follow him. As they were driving all attention was turned to Fredrick.

"My plan is that we let the rest of your men take the three Expeditions and head towards Brownsville Texas as long as we aren't with them they should be able to get through any road blocks and if they are questioned by one of Rodrigues' men they can say that they are heading home. I do believe that Amelia would be able to implant a couple of memories that will keep them safe. She should be able to place a temporary block in their mind that will clear once they see Charles or Susan.

Either way we mustn't let them know where we are going for everyone safety. We won't be heading north but south. I will contact my father and have him spread the word that we are heading towards Cancun basically let Rodrigues believe we are going after him. We however will be heading towards Guatemala La Aurora International Airport. I choose this course for two reasons one it will be out of Rodrigues' territory and secondly I have a friend here that can get us all of the paper work we need to get to California." Fredrick explained.

"OK let's say I agree to this plan in principle but I have a couple of questions. First of all, why not take my men with us? Secondly, how long do you think it will take us to get there and acquire the paperwork we need to get back to the states and can you really trust this person of yours not to turn us in for the reward?" Bill asked. He really didn't care for making his men act as a decoy they were friends and sons or daughters of friends. Lastly he was unsure of the young man that was standing before him he could see that the others trusted him but he knew of his father. He knew that Peppy was generally known to be a man of his word however Bill knew that Peppy in addition to his legal businesses ran a large criminal organization that was known to break not only human laws but also vampire ones including human trafficking. Fredrick was supposed to be being groomed to replace his father and as such he handle all of his father's organizations problems. If rumors are to be believed with remarkable efficiency.

"I do not think my mother's oldest brother would betray me and my parents do you?" Fredrick snapped back.

Bill quickly raised his hands in surrender gesture, "I meant no disrespect I am only trying to keep you all and especially my son safe."

"I apologize, I shouldn't have snapped at you like that," Fredrick said with regret.

"Bill perhaps it would be better if you and your son went with your men we will be fine," Gloria suggested.

"Gloria, you of all people know I can't and won't do that Charles order me to keep you all safe and I refuse to disobey him no matter what the cost," Bill replied hesitantly.

"Bill, Gloria is correct it would better for all of us if we split up. We all appreciate all of the help you and your men have been. As far as Charles I will make sure he knows it was our decision," Andrew stated hoping to end the debate.

"Andrew it isn't going to happen. My orders are to keep you safe and I intend to follow those orders no matter how I have to do it. I intend to follow my orders with or without your cooperation," Bill ordered sternly.

"Bill, I would suggest you change your tone. You aren't in charge of us. I should also warn you that Neither Amelia nor Andrew take threats well," Gloria warned.

"I am sorry I didn't intend that to sound like a threat. I was just trying to make you all understand that the game has changed dramatically and I'm very uncomfortable using my people as decoys it is a sure way to get them tortured and killed if Rodrigues' men capture them even if Amelia is capable of doing what you say. You have to understand they are like family to me," Bill apologies.

"Bill, I understand but if we have three Expeditions traveling in a convoy we will draw attention we need to split up. This will give your men their best chance to survive," Amelia suggested.

Bill turned slightly in his seat so he could face Amelia as he spoke to her. As he looked past her to the road behind them he seemed to zone out for a moment his eyes fixed on something behind them. "Shit!" he cursed quietly, so quietly that if everyone would have been human they would of never heard it. He then pointed as he announced, "It may be too late."

12