All Comments on 'Amnesia Ch. 08-09'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
you just killed a good story

twenty five for the writing and the finish plot sucked.you fucked up a weath dream.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
like I said before

such none unexpected but unnecessary and flip-pant ending does not engender a sense of soothin or satisfaction about having faithfully read and enjoy a piece of art. <p>

imagine you're not listening to purposeful and disconcerting Wagner but soothing Bach and Beethoven,,, and you're smiling quizzically with contentment --- hummming along the predictive and harmonious notes.... until the very last 4 or so seconds, when it sounded like the piano's as well as most of the other accompanying instruments' strings went seemingly haywire... and then have the conductor and musicians say, <p>

"Oh, no, that's how this piece ended... We wanted it to be a surprise for y'all and for the world!" <p>

Of course, you being the composer/conductor/ musicians/author/creator... you can do as you wish, and end your creation as you think it's good, satisfying or creative .... but your audience doesn't have to like it.

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoalmost 15 years ago
disapointing

ending. I have been following this story with great interest, up to now it's been great. To have Tony be arrested in the last paragraph is to much. There was no indication in any of the story that anything like this was on the way, hell, he was the one to turn in the others. Realistically speaking it makes no sense for him to be guilty of the same thing he was upset about coworkers doing! I hope this gets straightened out in the next submission, I've really been rooting for him and his new life.

KIKISKISSKIKISKISSalmost 15 years ago
WTF

What is up with the ending? It just does not mesh with the rest of the story. Please continue on with the story and give it the ending it deserves.

srgeeksrgeekalmost 15 years ago
I know authors like to leave readers wanting more

Hi, thanks for writing this story and getting the pieces posted in such a short time frame.

<P>

About the ending, I know authors like to leave readers wanting more, but jeez to introduce a books worth of NEW issues in the last paragraph, I'm sure others have done that. I can't thing of any at the moment, though. I was just as disappointed to read that you're doing an epilogue. Epilogues have always seemed to me to be a cheesy way to wrap something up when tired, bored or are out of ideas. Maybe your epilogues are better than other authors, I guess we'll see.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Storytelling is...

not magic, although a good story should affect its readers magically. Until the end, you, the author, did well. Rationally speaking, the end should not be a surprise because the 5 Wall St guys worked together. Amnesia was a great cover, real or not. Still, a good mystery leaves clues within the text and the quality of storytelling reflects how hidden the clues were. The ending of this tale had no prior clues. It is rational, as I said, but I had to infer that. The writing did not contain any sign of his participation in a illegal plot. For such a well-written and lengthy story, I was disappointed with the last paragraph. Too bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
HOPING FOR A BETTER EPILOGUE

I'm giving a 100 based upon my hope of a good epilogue resolution to this ending. I've enjoyed your story and your writing - but the ending was just too much of a downer and didn't fit the rest of the story. Thanks for most of the story - since I do find amnesia-type stories interesting and I do like stories of someone making a better life for themselves after a disaster. Hopefully, your epilogue will fix your ending so that this story fits that better life description.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Excellent Job

I really enjoyed this story which was very well woven.

The ending was a surprise and seems to have made a lot of

people unhappy. Personally I think the overall text is more important than the ending. Here I would really like to know what he did wrong, but the fact that he has done something wrong does nothing other than suggest he is human and not superman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
well, damn!

Great story, all chapters of it. Right up until that last bit. Yes, I confess; I'm looking for the "happy ending" in the Epilogue. (Why would you take a wonderfully written story with a warm fuzzy conclusion, and end it with an arrest which had no prior warning signals?!) Otherwise, a fascinating tale.

-- KK in Texas

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
bad ending

This 'ending' was much worse on another site, where it was posted as 'the ending' and not with a notice that there would be an epilogue. I have been seething ever since I read this first ending. After a good story that seemed to be drug out forever, to end it in such a way was maddening. Even though I enjoyed the epilogue and it seemed to fit into the plot of this story, this first ending still damages my enjoyment of this story and its author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Like a bolt out of the Blue

A great mystery that seemed to gradually coast to a happy conclusion and suddenly like a bolt out of the blue our hero is arrested without any warning from author or even a hint that there was any problem. That's not nice author.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
What a mind bender!

oh my god, I never saw the ending unfolding like it did!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to fall. Why did Magda go to the Police precinct house?

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
INSANE ENDING!!!!!!!!!

It was really good right up to the last paragraph, very well written and interesting right up to when you shit in your nest.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
WTF?

I'm holding off my score till I read the Epilog, but this is totally out of nowhere.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Okay, Ready To Rate

I'm still not happy about the trouble from out of left field, but ch 10 made up for it.

4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please decide

What Tony's last name is, and stick to it.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
how about calling him Joe Blow?

I don't care about petty errors or trivial mistakes. Until I have to pay good money for fucked-up professionally edited and published works.

Unlike most of the commentators, I actually enjoyed your original ending.

c2, the character of Tony Milano, as you described him as acting the years before his disappearance, did not jibe with "Heroic Whistle-Blower" for Truth, Justice and the American Way!

Nobody gets to Senior Management in any of the Wall Street Casino of Brokerages and Banking Conglomerates, without dirty hands and sordid manipulations.

Throughout this serial, I have suspected the attempt to murder Tony, as thieves falling out. Someone got greedy and wanted a bigger cut of the loot.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Hum

Like others before me the ending at this point is just off the wall and screams for another chapter.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Yeah

your were headed for a five. Instead, fuck you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous