All Comments on 'Amongst The Cavemen'

by Wifetheif

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
GOOD START

This has the potential to be a good story, need to see further adventures and

possibly have her nemesis Diane also cast back to her time and be put in the

same situation as our girl competing for the attention of Tanbor and Arvin

Phil_PatsfanPhil_Patsfanabout 9 years ago
A good Start to an amusing story except:

Your stories are usually well written so I was a little surprised at the circumstances under which Emily found herself in her predicament. I would not have used a woman's jealous attempt at revenge as the event that lands Emily in Prehistoric times. One would think that given the potential for disaster (i.e. disruption of the time line or the introduction of modern diseases for which the cavemen have no immunity), there would be tight controls on a time travel device and severe consequences for misuse or tampering wit the device, so it would be likely that Lydia Jenkins would be caught and would suffer a severe penalty. Given that, I probably would have instead used a simple malfunction. Just a minor difference of opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great Story

This is very creative and well written and a pleasure to read--

thomas_deanthomas_deanabout 2 years ago

TIMES CHANGE BUT HUMAN BEHAVIOR IS A CONSTANT

Time travel has enabled Anthropologist Emily Conners to personally inspect Cro-Magnum France. Involved in a love triangle in the present, Emily is stranded in the paleolithic age by her arch rival where the lice infested men treat her as a gift from the gods and the woman rage with jealousy. She manages to leave a recording which she prays will survive a millennium to record her findings.

The story has an interesting and objective analysis of human nature.

justine_1692justine_16925 months ago

I would have thought that the time pad would have reappeared immediately after it was taken by Lydia back to her and Emily's present since it wouldn't matter how long it took a rescue team in the future to determine when Emily had been abandoned since, well, it's a time machine and could presumably be sent to anywhen in time. So, we have to assume that Emily's interaction with the Cro-Magnons changed the timeline such that Emily's present no longer exists. In which case it could be that the time pad vanished not because it was retrieved but because it no longer existed due to the alterations to the timeline. Just a thought. Anyway, I liked the story enough to give it four stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous