Amorous Agents Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He wished he could pull her close and kiss her until the confusion left her eyes. As much as he wanted her, he would not put their careers at risk. She asked him not to transfer, but he needed to. He needed her and as long as he was her supervisor, he could not have her.

"Alright, Agent Versic, see you in a week or so." Christy left town, and he had no idea where she'd gone. Needing to know, but not wanting to seem desperate, he casually asked Janet. She sighed and said Christy went home. She wanted to see her family. Two days passed and Keith could take no more. He had to see her.

*****

Using connections at work, he located her family. He drove with one purpose in mind. He was going to see Christiana. In a few hours, he was at her father's home. Getting out of the car to knock, a neighbor came out and told them Christy and her father had gone to see family. The neighbor was kind enough to give him the family name. Granger Keith took off. Ninety minutes later, he saw her. She was with a large older man, He'd never met her father, but he knew him. Driving in carefully, Keith assessed everyone that was standing out. Then she saw him, but didn't look pleased.

She quickly walked over to meet him' everyone waited. "You sent me on leave. I'm off duty. Why are you here?" She demanded quietly.

"Well, I'm taking a break as well, so I decided to stop by and meet your family. Come on Christiana, it's not often the Director of the Federal Criminal Unit takes time out to check on his subordinates." He smiled and she grew even angrier. "Introduce me."

By now Gunther had joined them. Whoever this guy was, he upset his daughter, and he was not having it. Dawn quickly followed her brother as did everyone else. Christy took a deep breath and introduced her boss. "Daddy, everyone, this is my boss Director Keith Versic."

"Keith, this is my Dad, Gunther Marcolini and my aunt, Dawn Marcolini Granger. This is my sister Rosa and her husband Felix, Grandpa Marvin, Grandma Marge, my uncles, my aunts, and cousins." Christy waved showing Keith all of her relatives.

Versic shook her father's hand and the other males that greeted him as well.. "I'm sorry for dropping in. It's not every day one of our top agents is placed on leave. I wanted to make sure Christiana is alright. After all, she refused to answer her phone." He added glaring at her.

Everyone gasped. "Top agent? Baby, what is this guy talking about?" Gunther asked. He remembered years earlier Christy wanted to become an investigator. He didn't want her too. His worse fear was her being shot or killed. She apparently did the training and became one anyway.

"Wait, your family doesn't now about your job?" Keith queried. Christy glared at him.

Facing her Dad she started explaining."Daddy, I know you wouldn't approve, so I never said anything."

Keith didn't like seeing her so vulnerable. He moved to her side and faced her father. "Sir, I assure you, Christy is one of the top agents in the field." He faced her. "I'm sorry. I thought your family knew you were an agent. Let me just go."

Christy lashed out, "Please, go. Thank you for stopping in. I'm fine." She stormed off. Rosa followed her.

Damn it! Keith censured himself. How was he supposed to know she kept her job secret.

All of the men saw the dejected look on her bosses face and they knew. They had another guy to vet. "Don't leave yet. Keith, right." Darius added. "Can you play basket ball? The guys need a fourth guy on their team and you fit the bill." Gunther smiled and the guys nodded. Brandon and Brian looked a bit worried. This guy was in a suit.

Keith started to refuse, because he was not dressed to play a game after all. But if he stayed, then maybe he could talk with Christy again. He smiled and accepted the challenge. Can you guys let me borrow some shorts? This suit gets hot." He explained.

Darius smiled, "We got this." In a few minutes Keith was dressed and ready to play.

The game started with Gunther briefing his team. Rosa was talking with Christy, who felt terrible that her family knew what she did now. "Rosa, I never told anyone about my job because I didn't want them to worry."

"It's OK. You're like and FBI agent or something, huh?" Rosa asked. Christy smiled as Cammie and Rory walked in.

"Daddy is going to hurt your boss, Christy." Cammie stated.

"What he didn't leave?" Chrissie exclaimed, "Fudge!" Then she rushed outside. Sure enough Keith was down, but Rory's boyfriend helped him up. The look in his eye meant war. Christy gasped. He was going after Darius and it was about to get ugly. Darius smiled, as he welcomed the other man's aggression. Christy gasped. Keith was magnificent. She never knew he played ball. Other than the times they were alone, he was always composed and in control. The fact that he filled out the t-shirt and shorts he wore did not get past her either. Christy smiled; her boss was a beast. Then she remembered that she was upset with him.

She watched fascinated. Brandon had the ball, and Derrick covered him. He passed to his brother who passed to Keith. Darius went after Keith who doubled back to Brian. Brian made the winning shot.

"Yes!" Cammie cheered, Then stopped as she realized everyone was staring. She turned and rushed away. Brian pulled Rory into his arms and Brandon was watching Cammie, also wearing a goofy grin.

Keith searched for Christy and couldn't find her. Toweling off he looked round. Her aunt spoke. "She's out back. Go talk to her." Her aunt, Dawn, suggested. Gunther started to follow when his sister stopped him. "Gunther, she's an adult. She's fine. Let them talk."

"Dawnie, she kept her life secret from me. That guy, I'm not sure I like that guy." Gunther stated.

"Dad's never like the boyfriend." Dawn teased as Derrick walked in. Gunther smiled. He'd give them a few minutes alone then he was checking on his daughter.

Keith walked into the yard and found Christy sitting on a tire swing. "So, I beat all of your uncles at basketball. Your dad hasn't pulled a gun on me yet. I'm still here. We are not at work Christy, and we need to talk about that night."

"It never happened. Forget about it Keith. Go home." She whispered.

"Wrong answer. I'll never forget, and neither will you. I was your first, and I want to be the only." Keith sighed, "What are you so afraid of Christy? Talk to me."

Christiana closed her eyes. She remembered. Every time she closed her eyes, she remembered. "You are my boss. If this gets out, you know what can happen?"

"I requested a transfer. When you return, I will no longer be your supervisor. Think of a new excuse." Keith stood. He needed to leave. "I'll go, but when you come back home, we need to talk." He looked at her.

"What about the team? What happens to them?" Christy asked.

"Baby they are adults. They earned their positions. They will cope. Besides, you'll still be there. Is this really about them or are they an excuse because you really don't want me?" Keith asked.

Keith stared at her and became flustered. He left. Christy watched him walk away, and a part of her wanted to call him back. A part of her wanted to go with him. Yet, a big part of her was afraid. She watched as he refused to stay for dinner and then drove off.

Rosa joined her. "You OK, Christy?"

Christy heaved a sigh, "I'm fine."

Rosa hugged her. "It'll be OK. I like him."

Christy laughed, "I like him, too. But it's not just about us."

Felix walked out searching for his wife. He listened, and he empathized with what Christiana felt. Clearing is throat, he joined them. Christy smiled and had to tease him. "Hey, Pops. Take care of them or I'm coming after you."

Felix laughed and they rejoined the others. Soon the night ended and they headed home.

Christy loved staying with Aunt Dawn. Dawn raised her. Dad worked, so often he left her in his sister's care. Growing up, she could talk to her about anything. Derrick and Gunther took the younger ones and left the women alone. Dawn didn't speak at first. "So, you're an agent?"

Christy was nervous. "Aunt Dawn" she whispered.

Dawn smirked, "Pish posh! Girl, I'm proud of you. You must be good. We all thought you were a junior attorney. You had us fooled."

Christy laughed, "I love my job. Even though, sometimes it is hard. The team is the best. They are like family to me. That's why this thing with Keith is so hard. We can't get involved because we work together, so he wants to transfer."

Dawn nodded, "Listen to me. He cares about you, so he will find a way."

The two talked a bit more and then Dawn went to bed, Gunther needed to talk with his baby girl.

"Christy, I want you to know that I love you. You never have to hide from me. You are an agent. My baby girl is a federal agent." He smiled, and Christiana took a deep breath.

She hugged her father. "Dad, I'm safe and happy. My team is one of the best in the bureau. You have no need to ever worry."

Gunther sighed, "You're wrong. I do worry."

Christiana was confused, "Why, daddy?" She queried confused.

"The guy that stopped by, who was he?" He asked.

Christy froze. Gunther forced himself remained calm. His daughter was beautiful. He and Nick had many worries when she and Rosa grew into their beauty. When Rosa married, Christy was happy for her friend but secretly she feared their friendship would be forever altered.

Years ago she wanted to become an agent. Gunther was afraid she'd get hurt, so he encouraged her to take another position. His daughter like her mother, and her aunt had her own mind. She did what she needed for herself, and he was proud.

"Daddy, he is my boss. A few weeks ago things went a bit too far. It was nothing and I'm fine." She explained.

Gunther waited, "Christy?" He whispered.

"Daddy, he is not right for me. He's too serious and rarely jokes. He'll probably meet a woman like him and I'll be forgotten. Besides, his family would ask about my mom and..." She looked away.

"Christiana, your mother loved you. Olga worked so hard to take care of you. She died, and I hate that you lost her, but she made sure she had someone get you home. She made sure you made it to your family. You have no reason to feel shame" He explained.

Christy shook herself. "I'm not ashamed, daddy. Momma's death is why I wanted to be an agent. I had her case reopened. My boss did so as a favor for me. I went through the files, and read the autopsy reports, death by accident. Did you know she used steroids? Her organs were shutting down." Christy sniffed. "In her file, I found some letters they never released. She wrote to me. She knew she was dying. I have to do this, solve these cases for her dad. I messed up though. As much as I want him, I can't risk my career. It's not just the two of us. The entire team will be split up and it will be my fault."

Gunther listened, shocked. He never knew Olga started juicing. If he had known, maybe he could have stepped in.

"Daddy, why have you never married?" Christy asked.

"I haven't met anyone." Gunther answered, "But Christy, that's not important."

She closed her eyes. "Yes it is. You need to meet someone, settle down. I'm old enough fly on my own now. You gave up your life for me, Daddy. I appreciate it, but you have to live your life too. You can't fix this. I have to deal with my relationship or whatever this thing is with Keith. I'm fine Daddy and I can take care of myself, now."

Gunther smiled, "You were so small when I found you. You will always be my baby. I swore then and I swear now; I will take care of you Christy. I will always do what I feel is best. Now sweetheart, I want you to call him and ask him to join the family for dinner. I think he means more to you than you are letting on." He teased, "Just like your Aunt Dawn tried to do with Derrick."

Christy laughed and hugged her dad once more. He knew her. She didn't understand it, but that made her love her father even more. "I'll call him." She promised. Gunther smiled. She looked so much like Olga. He wished that he'd known about her sooner, maybe he and her mother could have found a way to be together. Gunther sighed, and kissed his daughter good night. He left and she went to her room because, she had a call to make. Dialing a number she memorized, he answered mid-ring.

"Christy" He sighed.

"Are you still in town?" Christy asked.

Keith answered, "I'm at a local hotel. Why? You want to talk."

She sighed and whispered, "Come to dinner at my grandparent's house tomorrow. I want you there."

Keith smiled. His heart raced. She wanted him with her and her family for dinner. "I'll be there. Christy..." He paused, "Christy, thank you." She whispered good night and they hang up.

*****

Christy didn't go straight to Marge and Marvin's. She called the team and checked on them. They were fine, and she had breakfast with her family at home. They knew everyone else was at the Granger home, but the Marcolini's wanted time with just each other. Derrick didn't mind. He got his boys up and they ate everything Dawn cooked.

Gunther and Derrick joked, but Derrick could tell that his brother-in-law was concerned about Christy and the guy from the day before.

Christy and Dawn entered, both laughing. Gunther smiled. His daughter was happy. He wished Olga had lived. For a moment, Gunther felt sad. He didn't love her mother, but she was the reason he had such a wonderful daughter. He remembered what Christy said about her death. He regretted not being there, but was grateful that she found a way to get Christiana to him.

Derrick was talking and Gunther focused. Soon, it was time to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. The family left, and Christy called Keith once more. He was just getting out of the shower and would be there in time for lunch. She smiled, and then hang up. She was happy that he was joining them today.

Everyone arrived and sat around talking. The young women were getting ready to serve the meal while the older ones talked. Christy kept pacing back and forth looking out of the window. "Girl that man will get here when he gets here, " Grandpa Marvin teased. Christy smiled and Grandma Marge told him to hush. Embarrassed, she joined the other young women. Rosa was making salad and the other were working on thier dish. Christiana had to prepare the green bean casserole. She went to work. Every now and then, she'd walk out and look outside. Christy was watching, waiting for Keith. He drove up and her heart began to race. Yesterday, he stopped by unannounced, but today he was her guest. That was significant. Taking a deep breath, she met him outside. Keith was also nervous.. He knew things had changed. Gunther watched his daughter carefully as she invited her guest in.

Gunther joined his daughter welcoming her guest. Everyone greeted him as Cammie announced that dinner would be ready in about an hour. Marge and Jasmine shared a smile. They talked with the twins and Keith.

Keith told them how he ended up with Christy being assigned to his team. He was candid at the fact that she had a bit of an attitude and wanted to do everything herself. Gunther listened and was proud. His daughter was raised round women that could take care of themselves. Marge and Jasmine knew this man was a man that was in love.

"So Keith, when did you realize you had fallen in love with our Christy?" Jasmine asked, holding Nick's hand.

Keith stuttered, and then he grinned. "Well, Mrs. Richards, I'm not sure when I fell for her, but I realized how I felt a few weeks ago."

Christy was embarrassed. "Just so you know, you are the first guy Christy has ever invited to meet the family." Nick chuckled. "From what I gathered yesterday, she hadn't planned on it."

"Daddy, leave Christy and Keith alone." Rosa interjected. She knew Christy was very sensitive and the slightest word would upset her.

Nick laughed and sighed, "Sorry Christy, I love you girl. You know that. Hell, I practically raised you, so as your pseudo-dad, I can ask questions."

The other men all agreed, and Keith knew he was in for it. Christy and Rosa left the room. The older ones loved to meddle. All of a sudden, Mrs. Richards called Rosa back in.

"Don't you and Felix have some news?" Jasmine asked.

Felix moved and joined his wife and faced his father-in-law. "Well, Daddy and Mom, in seven months we will present you with a new grandson or granddaughter."

Jasmine squealed and she and Marge hugged Rosa immediately. Christy came back in and the tears flowed. Nick sat back grinning, looking like a proud grandpa. Soon the commotion died down and everyone learned a new family member would arrive soon.

Christy was overwhelmed. She hugged Rosa so tight, as the two women shed tears of joy. Soon the crowd dispersed. The guys talked sports. Deep down, Keith knew he wanted more than being friends with Christy. He wanted it all.

Keith talked with her family right before they ate dinner. HE felt welcomed, and knew that this was something he wanted to share with her from this point on. "Are you enjoying yourself?" She asked.

Keith smiled and heard her intake of breath. Keith was pleased. "I am having a wonderful time. I really like your family. You know, for Christmas, I plan to visit my parents. I want you with me."

Christy looked at him. "I don't know. Your family is not like mine. I'm not sure..."

Keith spoke, "I let three guys torture me in basketball yesterday. Your Dad, although he has been civil, wants to rip my head off. Not to mention every male member of your family is watching me just waiting for me to mess up. Yet, baby, I'm still here."

"Hey, Keith, we're going out after dinner. You should come along. I know Christy won't mind." Felix stated. Keith smiled and accepted. Soon, Cammie, Rory, Rosa, and of course Christy served dinner. Keith sat and ate as she sat beside him. He was happy and now he knew her even better. After dinner, the guys had to clean, and Mrs. Granger and Mrs. Richards said they could not go until the kitchen was spotless.

Keith dived right in. The women watched and apparently several guys cleaning dishes was very entertaining. Eventually they finished.

They arrived at the shopping center. Keith placed his arm on Christy's waist. She didn't pull away. Brian said something and everyone laughed. Keith was thinking. I need to get her alone. I wonder will she stay with me tonight.

Felix looked at him and shook his head. "Forget it. There is no way she's going back with you. I tried that with Rosa when we first started dating. Between her brother and Darius and Derrick, I couldn't wait to get her back home. She's Gunther's only daughter. You know they have you on lock right?"

The women laughed and the guys sort of hung out together. The women went silent. A guy was talking with Cammie and the girls were tense. Keith stood. Felix stopped him. Soon the man left, and they moved to the women. Cammie was clearly upset, and as a result, so were the others.

"Christy, what is it? Who was that guy?" He asked.

Christy closed her eyes to get her emotions in check. "He's a friend of her ex-husband, Charles. Charles is in prison, but he is evil. If that guy comes after Cammie, then..." She walked away.

Felix explained and the guys made sure the women were safe. The night came quickly, so everyone loaded their vehicles. Keith loved sitting so close to Christy and seeing her relaxed with her family, he wanted to be the reason she smiled. Soon, Brian dropped Rory off and then he drove Keith back to the Granger home. The two men talked, and Keith really liked Brian.

He knew he'd be keeping in touch with these guys.

Keith was in his hotel and realized he really wanted to see Christy. Keith showered, and dressed for bed. His phone rang. It was Christy.