All Comments on 'Amy's Smile: A Conclusion'

by Oldlockguy

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Yaaay!

Closure! *dies*

StarMAPStarMAPalmost 13 years ago
Finally. . .

An ending. Thank you for taking the initiative with this great story. We all needed a happy ending and some closure and you managed that very well. Is was great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thank You!

When I saw the title, I swear my heart stopped beating for a moment.

pogmapogmaalmost 13 years ago
Just right!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for this since the day after the last post by Jfinn. I knew that some body would finally finish it. I was almost to the point I was going to suggest it to Rpsuch. I like his sense of humor. But your version hit the spot perfectly. Just what I wanted and needed. Thanks for the ending and please post some more.

PennLadyPennLadyalmost 13 years ago
Yay

Thanks for finishing that. I always wondered what happened and everyone knows I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Nice job!

BGeorgeBGeorgealmost 13 years ago
Great conclusion!

Very much in the spirit, and even the style, of the original story! I think this was a great tribute to the original!

Like a lot of stories, there is always the feeling of wanting to know more (what did Liam say when he found out? did Amy already know before she heard the phone call? and if not, how did she get her parents there so fast?)

Great effort, very nice story, and would love to see stories of your own someday.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I have been waiting for the ending to this story and this one was perfect!! Great job!!

OldlockguyOldlockguyalmost 13 years agoAuthor
For BGeorge and thanks to all!

Re your questions: I love that kind of speculation too. So, here goes! Jfinn told us Amy's parents live in Green Bay which is about 2 hours drive past Milwaukee. Her excuse for dropping in at Charlie's home was that she was on the way to visit her parents there and wanted to drop off a birthday present. She didn't know Charlie loved her, before the call, but a girl has to have dreams, as she said earlier. Her dreams had switched from Liam to Charlie months ago. Besides, Miriam, has been telling her, in a piercing voice, that she needed to go out and get Charlie, right now and no more delay.

After the call from Charlie, Amy phoned her parents, told them she was in love, and with Charlie's Mom's encouragement, invited them down. She said she thought Charlie might propose and they should be there. Charlie's brother Frank lives in Green Bay (per jfinn) and Mom suggested they come down with him and his family, including 3 year old Pammie. Meanwhile Charlie has to wait in the airport at Lansing, fly to Madison, try vainly to rent a car from a recognizable agency. Then, he deals with Rent a Lemon, who display the prompt customer service that made the old East Bloc a worker's paradise, and takes 3 hours of quality Yugo time getting to Milwaukee... tons of time! By the time he arrives, Amy's parents are so happy, they can hardly wait to be grandparents!

Liam did hit on newly doable Amy. She is tempted briefly but lets him down easily, telling him she really loves Charlie, otherwise she would be on him in a flash. Liam isn't as bad an asshole as Charlie thinks. Charlie's animus mainly comes from his unadmitted attraction to Amy and the resultant jealousy. So Liam says, reluctantly, "Go get him!"

Amy gets her lifelong desire to be part of a large, boisterous, loving family, all of whom adore her almost as much as Charlie does. Amy and Charlie have two daughters who dress fashionably and one son, who, at last report, is still very short and has one eyebrow. Charlie's Mom spoils them rotten. And that's about it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thanks!

Great job finishing an 8 year old story! Now if someone would finish "In memory of Carli"... hint, hint......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Amazing!

Thanks :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Finally!!!

I read amy'simle about 6 years ago and been waiting since for a conclusion only today when I reread the whole stoy that I saw a comment saying someone finished......just thank and I hope you didn't get in trouble finishing it for the real author

OldlockguyOldlockguyalmost 13 years agoAuthor
Thanks for your concern!

I haven't got into any trouble yet. I wrote a note to jfinn using the messaging facility here but haven't received an answer. There is a note on another site, dated 2006, in which she mentioned both frustration with an inability to finish the story and also a health problem that kept her from sitting at the computer for any length of time. I am sure all of us who love her writing hope that she is in good health and that she has merely headed in a different direction with her life that does not include writing erotica. We all hope that her silence is not a sign of a serious problem. The one hopeful thing to me is that a jfinn story is in the printed book this site prepared. Presumably the editors could get in touch with her not that long ago to get permission to include the story.

By the way, for me in my limited experience with non-fiction, writing begins with a series of "pictures" in my head. I have a number of pictures left over, from Amy's side of the story. I have even written some of them up and am toying with the possibility of combining them into a story. But I am a little worried about becoming some kind of literary vulture feasting on the remains of jfinn's work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
THANKS!!!

I finally read this story and wondered why it stopped so suddenly. I'm truly sorry Jaynne couldn't finish it. I really appreciate you doing it. It is truly the best story on this or any other story site I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thank you so much

Oldlockguy,

Thank you for finishing what was one of the most gripping stories I have ever read (anywhere), I think jfinn would be happy with the way you finished it (can't be easy writing in someone else's style).

Got to admit the conclusion actually got a smile out of this old cynic, so well done (few have managed this in recent memory).

Thankyou for the "closure" and I am looking forward to reading your other stories (written as yourself!)

curioussscuriousssover 12 years ago
This story had faded...

...from immediate consciousness, but seeing the title brought it all back.

I hope Jayne gets over her problems and issues, but you did a great job of continuing and ending the story, in her style even.

Thank you for this happy resolution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you!!!!

This was the perfect finish for this story. Well done. You sir, will now be known as "The Finisher". Please continue to do so. There is one story I personally think needs finishing that is over 10 years old. I will send it via feedback for you to think about. GREAT JOB!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I kinda have a feeling that this wasn't exactly the route jfinn was going, but im definitely glad to see this story end happily.. hopefully jfinn will add her ending eventually, but still you did a great job, and finished an amazing story, with your own amazing writing.. :)

hk47enclavehk47enclaveover 12 years ago

Well done!!!

I am very happy to see someone finish this story.

Even though you are not the original author, I feel content with the ending.

Thanks for giving us some closure.

:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
One very minor detail

There is one very minor detail here that is incorrect but the author would not know this if you didn't read lots of non fiction. Indiana University Basketball does not fly via commercial flights but instead flies charter by virtue of school owned planes. So they would not have been on Charlie's flight. But that is a detail tha in no way detracts from what the author intends to convey and does so in an brilliant manner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

What an adorable ending.

I've read a number of continuations by different authors and some of the time I was left pretty disappointed, because the new parts couldn't do the original justice. In this case I didn't even think about it one way or another. You should take that as a big compliment.

katofpreykatofpreyabout 10 years ago
I hope this doesn't get deleted

I laughed I cried. You should be published. You write the best shit ever!!!!

Thank you :)

grangurugrangurualmost 10 years ago
honoring JFINN

Just at the hights, or even better...Wonderful ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great Job

You have provided a proper continuation, with loving attention to the characters and the plot, an almost perfect rendition of jfinn's voice, a difficult feat. Thanks - this is the way I wanted it to end. Thanks for the epilogue in the comments, too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Thks. So many unfinished stories you finished it perfectly

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you

I really love that you took up where jfinn left off. This story needed a happy ending and your writing is very good.

zornslemmazornslemmaover 2 years ago

I had been very disappointed that Jayne didn't finish her story, and kept going back to her page vainly hoping she did eventually write that final chapter, and then stumbled upon your story! Nice job, it certainly brought closure for me in a very satisfying way. I had imagined up conclusions of my own in the past, but yours is simple, clean and elegant, and most importantly, very very happy. Thanks for doing us all a favor!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous