An Aggressive Learning Strategy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jeff nodded, held his tongue. Ranee took over. "Doctor J, in their quest every person encounters, if they are lucky and perceptive, various gurus for the manifold aspects of this life. Personal guides or teachers - I know that you understand the concept even if it is not actively part of your own personal culture. Some gurus come early to individuals, others come late. But one must, absolutely must, accept them when they do appear. Gurus, we think, are always sent your way for a reason, and you ignore them at great personal peril. I myself, for instance, have had several gurus, the first when I was about nine years old - he helped me to see the color of my own soul, a very important thing to know."

There was a long, pregnant pause: Jeff wondered where this was going. Raj and Ranee studied one another again for a moment, then Raj nodded to Ranee as if to get her started.

She explained: "You, Doctor J, appear to be a guru for our little Zohra, in several important intellectual and emotional areas."

Both parents watched Jeff closely. He tried to appear neutral, just nodded expectantly, waited.

Ranee smiled, reached out to pat him on the knee: "Please, do not be worried, Doctor J. It is a great responsibility, being a guru. We know that it is not something you can choose, not really. The cosmos has thrust guru-ship upon you, but we believe the cosmos is sentient and that therefore behind this imposition is some important meaning and purpose."

"We very are happy that you are in that position with our daughter. She is fortunate to have found one of her major guides so early in life: there might be a great deal less unhappiness and violence in the world if all of us were so fortunate. But that is not the way of the universe, is it?"

"There is an important philosophical point here, Doctor J - about non-interference. It has become patently obvious to the most casual observer, over the past several months, that some special relationship is brewing between you two. It seems to be genuinely soul to soul. But it also has clear physical aspects. The physical is never to be either ignored - doing so is purest stupidity - or to be allowed to overwhelm the spiritual and emotional and intellectual. This we understand, and the difficulties of it we understand as well. After all, Raj and I have certainly been there ourselves early in our relationship."

Raj and Ranee eyed one another, she nodded, Raj continued. "It is not so very unusual in our old culture to see such relationships form between persons of widely different ages and backgrounds. At any rate, we believe that the differences between you and Zohra in age and development are mere phantasms, and in fact such differences are often required for an effective guru-student relationship."

"We are all of us of equal age overall in this universe, so these present manifestations are merely temporary impositions. Most likely they are conditions provided or enforced by the universe to encourage your growth and development, thus aiding your eventual movement to higher planes. We must not - we cannot!! - refuse to accept what the universe has handed to us... including this relationship of you with our daughter."

There was a very long silence. Jeff got the distinct impression that they understood far more than they were exposing, and the thought made him shiver subliminally. He waited.

"You and Zohra have already developed a special and very close relationship - a wonderful thing to be nurtured and not abused, in line with the responsibility of any guru towards a student. It is not really necessary that one LIKES a guru but it certainly helps, and Zohra very transparently likes you a great deal. And we are impressed with the care you have shown in dealing with her, and with the amount she has already learned, on so very many topics, while working with you. We feel that she, and therefore we, are very fortunate."

Yet another long pause, until Ranee finally took up the thread: "And also therefore, Doctor J, what we mean to be saying is that we wish not to interfere. We value this relationship amongst us all: because it is so important for Zohra, it is so also for Ranee and myself. We feel that what is developing between you and Zohra should - no, MUST! - be allowed to run its natural course. But we wish also to be open and aboveboard, so that no-one need hide or prevaricate. Is that an acceptable mode of behavior, to your liking?"

Jeff finally tried to speak, failed, and was politely waved to silence by Raj. "Doctor J, you need not speak just yet. Later, perhaps, when you have had time to absorb all this. We believe that you understand the specialness of the relationship you are developing with Zohra. We merely ask you to undertake it knowing that you have a developing soul in your hands, one who is very important to us, and to always remember that you must therefore proceed with infinite patience and care."

"And Doctor J - given the great cycle of being, none of us remains today inexperienced in the ways of both the physical and spiritual worlds. No such thing as a virgin soul exists on either plane. This we know for certain, and it is why our culture places no premium whatever on virginity - we assign value for experience and ability yes, but not for ignorance. After all, how could a soul remain chaste after say ten thousand cycles?"

"At any rate we, as her parents, do not propose to confront or argue with fate and thereby interfere with her development. Quite the opposite, really. We propose to give you and Zohra complete freedom to pursue your relationship: behaving otherwise would be foolish and would be flouting the gods, and therefore both ineffectual and counterproductive. It might perhaps even be dangerous, who can say?"

Ranee smiled, obviously relaxed and content with the direction of the rather one-sided conversation. "Certainly you and she are intelligent enough to be able, should you wish, to continue building your relationship despite any objections Raj and I might have. But we do not want to get in the way. We think you must feel absolutely free to take whatever private time you need together: you need not ask permission or apologize, just do it. We will understand completely. Although, of course, the outside world, beyond our little group of four, and being of vastly different philosophical persuasion, must forever remain totally ignorant."

Raj spoke softly: "Perhaps, Doctor J, the cosmos intends this to be a two-way street? It is often so. All gurus learn from their students, sometimes in formal ways but usually informal. Perhaps she is meant to be YOUR guru in your new yoga practice - at the physical parts of yoga she is already quite good - the mental parts, perhaps you two can explore together to mutual benefit. Perhaps she is an old, old soul who has been sent here to be your guru - reciprocity is possible - in other things as well?"

Then, "Jeff, YOU, as her first guru, must explain all this to Zohra. When she gets here, we will leave you two alone to discuss it while Ranee and I prepare the usual lamb curry hot."

Ranee nodded her head, eyed Jeff with a distinctly knowing air and a surprising twinkle in her eye: "Perhaps double extra hot? In honor of today?"

Ten minutes later Zohra arrived, went instantly breathless and excited and shy in the mixed presence of Jeff and her folks. She sensed something, looked worriedly at Jeff, then at her parents: the significance of the order of those glances was not lost on the parents, who immediately excused themselves to the kitchen.

Jeff outlined the discussion he'd had with the parents, just a quick thumbnail explanation, told her of more detail to follow in a more leisurely atmosphere, preferably elsewhere.

Her face was flooded with confused emotions and utter amazement. She stared at him for a second, came out with her usual "Wow!", then stood and trotted to the kitchen where she hugged both MaMá and PaPá, thanking them profusely in Hindi.

They said only "Be happy, learn, and be careful."

And gently shooed her back to Jeff.

Dinner ensued: Jeff and Zo managed to restrain themselves for a decent period afterwards - including volunteering to do the extensive cleanup required after any Indian cookery. But about 16:00 they exercised their new "private time without questions" option and headed hand in hand for Jeff's house.

The door closed quietly behind them as they left her house.

Raj and Ranee looked at one another for a long moment, then Ranee said quietly, in Hindi, "Oh, my goodness gracious, but for Zohra this is now a very different place, a very different universe, than the one we had at her age!" Then, a moment later, "In many, many ways I quite envy her!"

Raj leaned over to kiss her with an ardor he hadn't proffered in quite some time. "I, too, envy her. But my dear Ranee, perhaps you would be interested in accompanying me upstairs? Immediately!?" He laid her hand on his crotch: his solid erection was quite blatant.

He laughed, then said "Children should not have all the pleasures of life unto themselves. Shall we adjourn? I cannot imagine that we would be interrupted any time soon!"

His voice and actions screamed of considerable urgency, something so unexpectedly out of his sensual character that Ranee was startled - but not so much that she hesitated to accept.

They were naked and in bed thirty seconds later.

And likewise next door.