All Comments on 'An American Gigolo in Japan Ch. 03'

by mike0231

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
nighthawk22204nighthawk22204over 13 years ago
Great story, getting better.

It could be a little more interesting if there were more of the Marine character development based on his duty requirements and the interactions with other jarheads at his base who would inevitably try to follow him to see where he goes every weekend. But the story's sex line is very enjoyable without it.

Infl8oramaInfl8oramaalmost 13 years ago
Very nicely done!

Very strong story, and I like how you handle the language barrier. I'm curious from a mechanical point of view about your use of the Romanization "-son" versus the more common "-san." Is this an Okinawa thing? I spent two years on northern Honshu with occasional trips to Tokyo in the south of that island, and never read it or heard it. Still, it didn't hurt the story at all. I particularly liked Rob's treatment of Akemi; it shows he really has heart.

mike0231mike0231about 12 years agoAuthor
To Infl8orama

You are totally right, the damn spell checker set it as 'son' when it should be 'san'. In Oki, their vowels come out a little more strongly with the various ethnic diversity on the island and I honestly never noted it. Thanks and it will be fixed in the future!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous