All Comments on 'An Angel's Fix Pt. 01'

by photodad

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good, but...

For me, not quite as good as the rest of what you had written to this point. Still an enjoyable read. Don't think I like where you seem to be heading with Joe having a "harem" as Ashley rightly pointed out most people on the outside would think. Then again, I never really got into the Jill and Jasmine characters from the beginning. They were just filler characters for me. Personally, I favored Ash, Kim, and Joe being a more permanent trio as Ashley and Kim have seemed to love each other as much as Joe, but this story seemed to play down the Ash/Kim relationship. It was mentioned a few times, but we really didn't "see" it like in previous chapters. And I don't mean an actual sex scene with the two of them. There just wasn't much interaction between them at all, then you threw in Kim hitting on the checkout girl. Now that I think about it, it kind of feels like you're trying to pull the relationship with Kim back a little bit and elevate the other two girls more than they were. That just feels backward to me. If you have to throw another girl into the mix, I'd have preferred it be Cindy getting involved with them somehow. Her character just seems to have a little more zing to her than the other 2 "extras." And while I already said I'd prefer just the threesome, Ash corrupting Cindy could be fun.

All that being said, I absolutely loved both "Angels and Guardians" and "Two Hearts Stand Alone" so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. You may take this in a totally different direction from what I think I see coming.

Oh, and you said you were posting the first 3 chapters, but only one is up. When can we expect the other two? (So I'm greedy!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Just Glad You Fixed It

I love the Part 1. I am so glad Jasmine is alive. I don't agree withe the previous commenter that Jill and Jasmine are ancillary characters. They add so much to the 1st story I do think you may have dialed Kim's part back a little to much. I look forward to reading the rest of this story. I have enjoyed all of your stories to date.

catman71catman71almost 13 years ago
i thought angels was fine

but this way you can open an entire new line of events, and one i hope is the rest of the girls getting guys that appreciate them. while occasional hook ups might work, in the long run they would be to problematic, espcialy with ash's condition. hope to see more soon

Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessalmost 13 years ago
so glad !

I refrained from comment on guardians and angels as I was really dissapointed with the way the last chapter was wrote, I had felt a strong attachment to the characters having seen them grow, and the passion you had for them as story grew. But in that last chapter, it felt rushed, and didn't flow at all as you tried to tie off the story. I was so dissaponted that everything including the wedding you had seemingly built up to was skimmed over. I am happy to see this sequel taking place and that as this part of the story went on (after what looked to be a shaky start to me, in the style of writing at the beginning ) is looking good, and getting back to the way the first story/book? Was written.

I hope it becomes as good if not better than the first story and I sincerely hope that Jordan dream of the pier, from guardians & angels doesn't come to fruit.

That said I do think that Kim was played down here but will happily wait and see where you take us readers on there journey.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thankyou

Thankyou for the undo of jasmines departure. That alone made this a great read. The fact that it is as good as the rest of the Angels & Guardians makes the soap opera cliche of the fix unimportant.

Hale1Hale1over 11 years ago
Thanx

I don't watch enough TV to recognize a" soap opera" fix, but bringing back Jasmine was worth a lot. Really appreciate your work and this set of characters meshes very well.

funksofunksoover 11 years ago
Yay!

I've read Angels and Guardians in the last few days and love the characters, love the story, and I'm glad you continued - I didn't like much of the ending, it did seem rushed, and a bit weird since you alternated a lot on whether Joe's parents were in an accident or not... you even had Joe tell Cindy to tell them it was an accident when it wasn't... so I figure you were heading to somewhere longer but wrapped it up.

I look forward to the rest of this story, but honestly, I'm a little in love of Ash myself.

I disagree with a few comments here, as I thought Jill was very important to Joe, and Jasmine through the first series was very important to Ash, and although it was Joe and Ashley's story they were special as well.

I saw you didn't complete this series and you mentioned coming back to it - I hope you get a chance one day, it's a really special story, and you should be proud to have created a world that people adore.

Karavas41Karavas41about 11 years ago
Trust - but verify?

Can't get my head round this motto/aphorism. To me it sounds like "Give - but withold the gift."

Aren't trust and verify opposites?

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 11 years ago
Ronald Regan

made it popular in dealing with the USSR. It has become the most popular management style of all time. Trust but Verify is legitimate when you consider the only other alternative in this screwed up world of ours - Don't Trust.

photodadphotodadalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Re: Ronald Reagan

Thank You! I'm glad someone caught that reference. Reagan was my grandma's favorite president, and she used that policy on me extensively. "Your room clean?" "Yes." "Then you may go out and play." BUT she would check once I went out, and if it wasn't....oooooh the punishment was severe!

Alaska84Alaska84over 10 years ago

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

mistout1mistout1almost 10 years ago
Thank you

I'm burning through everything you've shared and I'm so thankful for the twist that has allowed this series to go on. Looking forward to see where it heads from here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

cann't say enough good things

LoonytuneLoonytuneover 4 years ago
Great follow on

I look forward to reading the rest of the stories ,its great that you rewrite of jasmine's death

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous