All Comments on 'An Angel's Fix Pt. 09'

by photodad

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
rushed

I really do like all of your stories, but just like your other series, you have a problem with endings. It just felt "rushed" for lack of a better term. You've got this nice, even pace going throughout the story, then all of a sudden it's this happened, and that happened, and then there's this other thing, and let's fast forward 30 years and sum up everything in a few paragraphs. You've got great material in all of your stories, but in all 3 series, the endings are weak.

photodadphotodadover 9 years agoAuthor
yup

wholeheartedly agree. Actually, Angel's Fix was originally intended to be a one part rushed fix for Angels and Guardians...then it took on a life of its own. I do have a hard time with writer's block toward the ends, especially when life gets in the way and takes my time away from writing. But, rather than leave this one hanging after three years, I decided to write how it ends in my head. These last two parts were written over four or five months, to give you an idea, and I am in agreement with a comment by email, Angel's Fix was forced. I just wanted to wrap it up and be done with it. As I said in my comment at the end, I know this is not great, but it ties many of the plots to their end. In summary, the story just got bogged down by, what felt to me, too many needless details and non-substantial plot loops. I had been tempted to take everything down except Two Hearts (a far better work, glaring faults and all), but several people wanted to know how my original story ends. All said, I wish each of you many thanks for taking time to read what I have posted so far. Your loyalty, and especially your comments, public and private - good and bad, are beyond flattering and helpful. I have enjoyed this hobby, and hope to have a fresh idea for yet another series soon.

photodadphotodadover 9 years agoAuthor
oops...by the way...

By the way, I would most welcome constructive criticism or suggestions on ending stories more gracefully. From reading many stories on here, and many contemporary books, endings are problematic for scores of us writers. The alternative to this part 9 was to write the entire life of Ashley day-by-day, which I felt would be boring, and would take another 2 years to write. :) Thank you all again.

TestSubject001TestSubject001over 9 years ago

What can I say, except thank you. Thank you for this wonderful story. Just like your other I thoroughly enjoyed it. You made characters that deeply cared about each other, and made us care about the characters. The ending was fine just the way you left it. I hope to read more from you in the future.

yankeecatladyyankeecatladyover 9 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for the wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Tough going

I had a very difficult time with the adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well Done

Very good on both story's and a good ending well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Great job on both hope you come back and do more soon!!!!!!!!

niestarniestarover 7 years ago
loved it

This is one of the best story I have ever read in this site......Also the previous sequel was FANTASTIC....... Thanks for sharing.

Niestar

Lobosolo51Lobosolo51over 7 years ago

just an awesome story

LoonytuneLoonytuneover 4 years ago
Fantastic

I just couldn't stop reading from the moment i started reading Angels and Guardians pt 1 not stopping till the early hours of the morning even making me late for work , Inducing a full range of emotions a try masterpiece.

LoonytuneLoonytuneover 4 years ago

I just couldn't stop reading from the moment i started reading Angels and Guardians pt 1 not stopping till the early hours of the morning even making me late for work , Inducing a full range of emotions a true masterpiece.

rickydean56rickydean56about 4 years ago
Two hearts ?

I can’t find the story you mentioned

Two hearts stand alone

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous