All Comments on 'An Answer'

by ctenson

Sort by:
  • 195 Comments
digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
I take it that she fucked him that night

Does she think that she cheated on her husband? She really didn't have a husband to cheat on, just a room mate. Thanks for the good story......Rich

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
In other words.....

...why are you asking a woman for a useful answer? All we ever want is to be young and beautiful for ever or we might just drift apart.Pistolpackinpete

TalenhawkTalenhawkalmost 15 years ago
2nd POV - enough said

All stories in the 2nd tense suck. This is no different.

fregenfregenalmost 15 years ago
Did I miss the part

Where she said we aren't talking anymore? We aren't doing enough together anymore? We are drifting apart?<P>

Communications is a two way street. If a younger girl in his office came on to him would he have been justified in sleeping with her because you never talked to him? Never seduced him anymore?<P>

Isn't it nice to be able to say it's your fault that I cheated. Kinda takes away the guilt. Doesn't look like she has any at the present time. Thanks for sharing.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 15 years ago
WHY? anyone see WHY?

Her story was about the sequence of events. NOT why. The cheating whore wife who goes on and on about the fact she developed a emotional connection to the other guy.... is NOT saying WHY.

<br></br>

and the wife is at a good Marriage therapist office the therappist would of told her to stop with head games.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Needs a continuation

Hey put her husband view here!

The_Black_AdderThe_Black_Adderalmost 15 years ago
Sorry

I don't really understand your point. Be clearer next with next chapter please. Events without context aren't answers. Maybe if we see his side as well it will be clearer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
An answer ?

Too comfortable, no talking to husband/spouse. Not clear if husband realized it, but she did, and did nothing improve or to avoid what apparently happened. Why ? Think I know but you tell me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Nicely Done.

Nicely written, even if your approach offended some readers. It's a 'realizable' story, maybe even, with a change here and there, one that could have been real life for many of us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Divorce

Thats the good thing, the pain of going through it the bad. She never said if it was worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Does everything need to be explicit?

Wow, how can some of you say there's no 'why' in this story? Hell, look at the relationships that are implied. As one of you said she doesn't have a husband, she has a roommate. On the other hand, she's got this other guy who makes her feel good, makes her feel not so middle-aged, is interested in HER. The 'why' is staring you right in the face. And, I beg to differ with whoever said the therapist would have stopped it. I've been there: there's NO fucking way the therapist would have stopped that, they'd have encouraged it to hell and gone! Communication is finally happening. If this story had just said, "I fucked him because he made me feel youngers and desirable" it would have been boring. This way, it was good. Use some imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Nah...

Way to treat your best friend, lover, husband and companion. Well written story, but it just seems to try to justify all the fucking reasons families and couples fall apart these days. No lesson here, just excuses for bad behaviour.

<p>

Problems like these are so much easier to fix BEFORE the shit hits the fan. Exploring the ways to fix them afterwards is just a cliché. The reality is, that there are no ways to fix these sort of problems.

<p>

Doesn't matter though, does it? This kind of shit will just keep happening all over the world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Not a pretty story

Not a pretty story but a realistic one. This happened to me and my X. She wanted to be young again.

It shocked the hell out of her the night I came to "their" club with a date. You see, she never thought I would know or that I could get someone else.

I have been remarried now for 5 years and I am so happy. My X and I still see each other at events for our kids.

My kids never saw it coming either...too bad...

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 15 years ago
Yes it DOES have to be explict

sorry the anonymous poster who argue it does not have to be explict is idiot. As a writing excerise the wife's story is well done. And we can INFER what has happened from her story.

<br></br>

But if the reason she & her husband are in marriage therapy is saying this is to "open up the lines of communication" then the wife failed to do that.

<br></br>

one of the reasoan martial affairs start is beccasue one spouse think XYZ and the other spouse is now thinking ABC.

<br></br>

that is why it ha to be stated and NOT inferred! you cannot possibly asked a married couple ... who are NOT communicating (for whatever reason) to play sherlock Holmes and start inferring and deducing

and we can infer what has happene

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 15 years ago
Very well done

Her matter of fact tone may be as callous as it seems, or may disguise her horror at what she has done, we may only guess.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Huh?

Harry, I'm trying to understand your logic here. Quote "story us well done" yet it rates a 0 ( your first post) and a 1 (your second)? Nice way to encourage...not! You ARE right that the wife's story won't be enough communication for their session. But the session isn't over. The story ends on her sentence. I think we can assume that the counselor will probe this a bit. However, the story would have been weaker if it had dragged on through all of the "What do you mean by that?" questions from the counselor. Jesus, if you think the story was well-written as you say, give it dome credit.

mcwiiimcwiiialmost 15 years ago
thought provoking but unfinished

This is a good start on a story. But leaves me very unhappy with the author. I was going to give it a 0, but decided 50 was appropriate because it is half done.

One of the big reasons I read the loving wives category IS to know why. Why someone in a decent relationship risks it for a fling or an affair.

To me all this shows is how a woman is seduced, and all of them can be, if they allow it. The question then is the strength of the bond of the primary relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
cheating

cheating is easy,a cheater can always find a reason to cheat as in this story. People who cheat will love it honest people won't understand it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Outstanding!

At last--a story on Literotica that actually qualifies as erotica and not porn. It's sexy AND it skillfully shows how complacency in a relationship can lead to trouble. Keep 'em coming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I enjoyed the tale, even if she mades me angry

I like the way you showed that the slide was a series of small concessions. Thanks!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 15 years ago
This was good.

There is a difference between a good story and a happy one. This story was about how a woman can fall from grace, not about the right or wrong of it. "Cheating is always wrong" is simplistic and yet true. The other truth is that it happens, and we always wonder why. This was a story about the why in one single relationship. It is not a defense, only an insight. Thanks for posting.

ohioohioalmost 15 years ago
it's calm, and chilling

Well-done. Not at all the angry, painful passion of your "Payback". Instead, as Espresso Bolus insightfully points out, the wife's extremely matter-of-fact delivery utterly conceals what she might be feeling: is it horror? shame? a cool sense of "you deserve this, for the way you treat me as a mere roommate"? We don't know, and that's part of the richness of the story. Clearly there are all sorts of things wrong with their marriage that made her affair possible--and clearly both the wife and the husband are to blame. ***** A sad and troubling story, very well done. Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
This is one of the best

The author of this story has written a fantastic piece that clearly shows the slow breakdown of a marriage. It shows and expresses how so many of us are truly guilty of the lack of care and support for the person we spent so many years with. It is why the woman ended up divorcing after she has found the man that brought back those lost parts of her marriage.

Excellent piece!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
When lovers become complacent,

when one feels taken for granted, or the passion stills but reveals no real companions ready to go the next part of the journey, the person across from you no longer a shred of the one you thought you'd love forever, only a saint would hold on to a vow of forsaking all others. Class writing, chasten, thanks. Now if only hubby had discovered Lit. and turned her into a juicy little hotwife for himself....Mancelt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Very GOOD

This shows the fleeting mind... Not sure of the total situation but it is creeping on her... Sad BUT True as many of us know too well

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Good Idea, stupid story.

Well written as before but as Harry said, the was no why. She did it because she was bored? Lonely? the husband wasn't paying enough attention? She was horney and didn't tell her husband? In fact the only WHY I can see is that firstly she did it because she wanted to and secondly because the communication had broken down between them. Sad really.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
good writing

but coming to points it will not be very much. she did just tell how she ended possibly in her lovers bed (we don't know). but she did not say why, after she saw that she was missing something in her marriage. and she did not tell why she did not fight for her husband and her marriage. she knew something has been lost in her marriage and eventhough knowing she did not care. so why all of a sudden counseling ? I assume just one of those fucked up womenly games. if I take a lover he finally has to see me again. and then he will be like on our first dates fighting for me. I hope it will backfire, because nobody is able to mind read, so if she was not ok with their live she simply could have talked to him instead of playing games.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Nightmarish!

Extremely well written and imagined. I hate the protagonists because of what I imagine happened. Why?

Is perhaps responded... But is there a future. For me there would only be a past.

the Troubadorthe Troubadoralmost 15 years ago
So, she tossed out her marriage

because her husband and HERSELF didn't communicate? This broad gets no sympathy from me. No sympathy for her, but a lot of sorrow for the husband. She destroyed the marriage because she had no interest in working on it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
What the...

...fuck is wrong with you people that you think you have to like or agree with the characters for it to be a good story? Go read harddaysknight's comments below. This was very realistic even though it's sad and depressing. Great job chasten!

Zeb40Zeb40almost 15 years ago
You don't have to agree...

with a writers point of view to appreciate the story. Some of the best tales I have read have left me feeling rather unsettled, as did this one. Sure,we can second guess the characters' actions. That's half the fun. The lady should have opened up the channels of communication with her husband, that's a given. She didn't. That's what happened. The ending was perfect in that the "torch the bitch" crowd could see her being divorced with little or nothing, and the reconciliation lovers can see the counselor getting them over this and starting anew. End it the way you like, nobody is dissatisfied. As I said, perfect. Thanks for a good read. Paul

nyminusnyminusalmost 15 years ago
Yes he does have a point. You are just to dumb

To see it. Perhaps you are just like the husband. To happy with his little life, his little job. Maybe it's this type of man that helped the economic meltdown recently. Maybe it's this kind of man that will keep any good from coming out of it. Perhaps it's this type of man that should never had gotten married. Sure hope the wife got some goodcoc cause it wasn't from hubby

Risq_001Risq_001almost 15 years ago
I guess I can't comment like the other because....

<p>... I just don't get it. Everyone is commenting one way or the other, but I just don't get it</p>

<p>For me it was listening to one half of a telephone conversation where one person is giving out answers, but without knowing what the other person is asking, I have no idea what they are talking about</p>

<p>I have no idea what is going on. Sorry.</p>

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Sad but realistic

Thank you, author. No need for a novel-length story. You describe, in a matter of fact way how the combination of the relentless passage of time, taking each other for granted, and lack of communication slowly erode the foundation of marriage. Sad but realistic.

Please, keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Wow I cant believe part of what I read here

The comments are all over the place and some are trying to put the blame on the husband. A wife, remember, a wife gave into a slow seduction, rationalizing every single step. Go back and read the definition of rationalization with regard to psycology. Then when she finally becomes an adulterer and fucks around outside the marriage because of her own lack of control and self respect it becomes the husbands fault. Where is the discussions with the husband? Where are the questions to her husband regarding what she is not satisfied with? Where is all that communication women blame men for not doing? Where is her concern for her marriage, her vows, her family, her spouse? All gone because a guy was nice to her and played her slowly over a long period of time. Stupid people do stupid things, she is very stupid and did a very stupid thing. Now it is time to pay the piper, tossing the trash out, and have no doubt she was the trash.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
It is interesting how many people assume

the husband is not communicating or relating to her. It did say in the story he talked to her when she asked. It did say he attended events with her. I guess the process of induction gave them insight into the story that I did not read in it. So if I feel my wife doesnt talk to me enough and she doesnt seduce me and make me feel like the center of the universe, I can go out and fuck the new young office assistant just out of school, and it is my wife's fault? And I have a get out of jail free card?

fumundacheezefumundacheezealmost 15 years ago
The end

would never end in a marriage counselor's office if I was the husband in this story. That's what divorces are for. If she wants a different man, then let her have him and let me get another woman that I can have sex with and work my ass off for that appreciates me and when something is amiss, can communicate with me and tell me what is pissing her off. The main thing is a wife that I can eat her pussy and not be cleaning up some other guy's leavings or having to worry after I've fucked her whether or not I'd been given a gift of an STD that keeps on giving. Let her have the other guy that she obviously wants and leave the expense of the marriage counselor go on the divorce lawyer. He's going to need one anyway so why waste time on the counselor. She would have known that the first time she went to bed with her lover and the strange cock went in her that the marriage to me was over right then.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great story

Excellent story. Though the content is depressing the writing is really top notch. It's amazing how many seem to be voting on whether they like what she did or the fact that they are in counseling rather than on the quality of the story. You (and the other authors here) have my sympathies and please pay attention to those saying to keep trying. Ignore all the "she's a whore" comments because of course she did wrong, but the voting isn't supposed to be about that. A lot of misdirected anger or just youth here. A+

PAPATOADPAPATOADalmost 15 years ago
Good Story

Some readers may not like the way the story ended but you have to admit it was well written. I enjoyed it because it was real and it was not "in your face". Very well done. Keep up the good work.

lancewmlancewmalmost 15 years ago
Excellent story

Very well written, powerful and short. Good stuff. BTW - Harry, the real writers on this site liked this story. What happened to you?

thebulletthebulletalmost 15 years ago
well written and thoughtful work

</p>My initial reluctance to read anything written in the 2nd person made it hard for me to read this story. My gut reaction is to just blow 2nd person stories off.</p>

<p>This story required patience on the reader's part. It wasn't until the last paragraph that reader was made aware of <b>why</b> the story is written in the 2nd person.</p>

<p>The slow development of the relationship between the woman and the man in her office coupled with the passing interactions of the woman with her husband gave the reader the opportunity to understand the <i>why</i> of the affair.. the ennui, the feelings of loss, of oncoming aging process, the lack of excitement, the taking for granted. And the quiet attraction to a man who finds her interesting and new.</p>

<p>Well done.</p>

shangoshangoalmost 15 years ago
not good

For me, a story has to make sense. This has been done to death on Soap Operas. Also, it only shows a selfish woman doing what selfish people do: Think only of herself. Not once did she say to Hubby, "Hey, let's do something different". Oh well, I'm certain that the new It Director w/the "D" cups can show Hubby "something new".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
The comment regarding the real wirters on the site

obviously didnt read the comments or they would know many of the writers gave it a zero. Good writing doesnt save a bad plot, script, storyline. But poor writing can ruin a good plot, script, or storyline. No man in his right mind would go to counseling with a woman like this. She is immature, self centered, and egotistical to a fault. She has only contempt for her husband their is no love or lust there. Had her "lover/seducer" been realistic he would have told her from now on she was company whore and that she was to be made available to customers. For such an old slut that really is her only option for a future. We can he sure her husband can find a younger more attractive and more willing partner. Almost all women are looking to marry up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
You must be psychic

To know she has only contempt for him. As some (including writers) have noted, the author deliberately doesn't give you a clue to her feelings. She could well be horrified at what she did and be the one who suggested counseling. Fits the story just as well as your interpretation. Since her feelings are only coming out as they start to talk, you're assertions about what the husband would or would not do are a bit silly. Personally, after that many years of marriage, if he <I>didn't</I> go to counseling it would be a bit odd. And finally, regarding your final comment, as a woman: grow up a bit little boy before you think you understand "almost all" women--you might get a date or two.

LindaWLindaWalmost 15 years ago
WHY? anyone see WHY?

so many people are unable to distinguish a well written story from their own preconceptions of life? Or should I say misconceptions? Ohio and harddaysknight sum the quality of the story well.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 15 years ago
The Answer is flowing in the air…

With a lot of style, but nevertheless, still missing at least half of what remains mostly uncovered, namely, what went wrong in the marriage. Yes, the 'why' is still missing and therefore there is NO answer. <P>

What we do have are lots of 'how's; how we spent our time while you were away, what we said to each other/ when, etc. Implied answers? Very very little in my opinion. <P>

The author keeps the characters on the transitional tentative stage between friendship and flirting, the mostly grey area, up to the last few lines, when at the last moment we learn that the wife did go to the friend’s (now lover) home. And what do we learn from this last minute leap about the “why” of her personal stepping out of the marriage bounds? Again, very very little. Much worse relations stay intact. Many better (on the surface) relations do crumble. <P>

The bottom line is that the author just did not want to get into any of this messy complicated stuff of real relations between non cartoonish chracters of married people who typically gather all those difficult issues. Hey, how about a fresh new fantasy flirting and romance instead? Café’s, hand holding, elevators and taxis (how many movies have we seen with the very same ingredients?) are much more colorful than real life relations… <P>

At the end of the story, do I know anything of substance about the relations between this married couple; Any thing of substance about how the wife really feels about her husband? Other than the generic complaints, applied to 99% of married couples, at the end of the story, this is still a couple of strangers as it was at the beginning. What a waste of nice writing style on a fluffy substance.

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 15 years ago
terse and fine

Writing something this terse is the hardest thing in the world: any serious writer knows that. You come out with flying colours. Not everything needs to be explicit: the good writer's job is to take the reader inside the story, and allow her/his imagination room to fill the gaps. You are GOOD. I've just added you to my short list of favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Lots of Passible Why's

I enjoyed the story, sort of. <br>

<p>However, I don't see an answer to "Why?" which she says she has answered. I see a lot of possible answers, but nothing singled out as definitive.<br>

<p>Some people think she is saying it is because they don't communicate. That's possible. I see also a woman reaching middle age who is feeling unattractive. (Look at the "No on will notice" comment and her respones.) Does she need reinforcement?<br>

<p>There seems also to be a sense of pity for the younger fellow. "He is not a player", he wouldn't know how to speak to the younger woman, etc. <br>

<p>In general, I enjoyed the story and the writing, but I am left with an old song, "Is that all there is?" Call me dense, but I would like a little more clarity about the causation, even if it is a recognition that it is, "All of the Above".

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 15 years ago
Nice Story

Well written story, though I have a hard time seeing a man's wife explaining to her husband why she cheated, in this manner, while sitting in a marriage counselor's office. She makes her affair sound so tender, loving and romantic while making her interactions with her husband sound like eating a bologna sandwich. Subtly laying the blame of her infidelity at his feet even as she was aware of the dying flame that was their marriage. Never showing any signs of regret or remorse but almost a euphoria while reminiscing about her affair as an explanation of why. While Mr. Thirty-five, I see as a smooth patient operator that has become very adept at being almost undetectable as a seducer of woman. He even has the shyness act down pat to the point of being able to put his unsuspecting prey at ease. Yes, I have worked with many sex offenders and this description of seduction, from the woman's point of view, is exactly their method of choice. Everybody has this picture of a sexual predator as some crude hideous gigolo that pounces on women but, in fact, they are very subtle and methodical, possessing excellent social shills and masters of observing and assessing behavior. After conversing several hours with one you would believe that they were the nicest and most considerate people in the world, completely lowering your guard. Very well written. I'm sure it wasn't your intention to describe a sexual predator but the similarities were too numerous to ignore. Or maybe, it was. Thank you for a very thought provoking story.

shangoshangoalmost 15 years ago
I don't like commenting more than once

But so many have this twisted. The "why" isn't necessary because, beneath it all, the answer is always the same:

"Because I wanted to." Wifey rationalized her ass off, but she hurt her partner because she wanted to and that's the botttom line. The RAAC Authors almost never ask the real question and that's WHY did you WANT to hurt me. If they ask the offending Spouse that question, then all the answers they use really look damn weak then.

"I was drunk/high."

"I was feeling unattractive."

"You were neglecting me" (my personal fave)

"The other person was so nice/caring that they slipped past my defenses." (1st runner-up)

But asking why your Spouse cheated is like asking someone why did they punch you in the nose. A dumb question that doesn't advance squat.

dreamcatcher101dreamcatcher101almost 15 years ago
what?????why????????

I agree with Risq and i dont have a clue either why She did what She did..like Risq said,a totally onesided conversation..it was written good and it went through the verious steps that She was seduced but I didnt see any reason why?? It was told totally clinical and cold no emotions just what happened..She told Her Husband that She was going out for a drink after work with the staff from the office and He said ok have fun because He trusted Her..I dont see anything wrong with that,but She never said it was another Man that She was seeing for drinks after alone,it was lying by omission..I am sure He would not have aggreed with that and being that onesided leaves the story wanting..At one point She said that He waited and heated the dinner up for Her when She got home and served it to Her showed that He loved and cared for Her,as well that He didnt like other Guys kissing Her even under a mistletoe showed that He was just like a regular Guy.. If She was missing something in Her relationship She had the obligation to the marriage to communicate that..All she showed was that She didnt love Her Husband and that She is an easy Slut. So I dont have any clue why They are at the Marriage Councelor..Did the lover dump Her after He got to fuck her???? Was she just another trophy for Him ???? Is He doing the young girl at the office now ??? Did She want to be with her Husband again ??? Does She have regrets for what she did ??? All I got is questions..Why ??? Why anything????????????????????

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 15 years ago
Choppy and BS filled

She spent the entire story lying to her husband, the marriage counselor and herself. She did it because she wanted to and didn't care about her vows, her promises, her husband or any of the consequences. The dick she gave in to also didn't care about her vows, promises, the fact that she was married or any possible consequences. Try writing a story where the characters actually have commitments they honor.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
are we to believe she fucked him?

It didn't say that she had an affair or sex with him, only that she felt good around him, and enjoyed his company. I always take the worst view on stories and think she must have done some fucking and got caught or why go to a marriage counselor. At her age (around 40), she is feeling that life is passing her bye and doesn't want to be stuck with an old balding man that would rather watch TV instead of getting her sexually fulfilled. Hey, at least her husband didn't have her spending a lot of his money getting herself fucked. If he can get by without her walking away with half of his shit he is doing fine, and the marriage counselor was money well spent.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 15 years ago
NO Answer

Sorry, this is just a lot of drivel trying to justify infidelity. After many years their relationship is comfortable and a lot is taken for granted. She meets a nice guy at work who is playing for her no matter what she thinks of it. Instead of spending her time working to reconnect to her husband she decides to spend it with Mr New Guy. There is no real answer to why she does this. She makes a choice to pursue time with him rather than husband. Her cheating has already started. She is giving her time and attention to someone else instead of her husband. Her husband respects that he doesn't own her and encourages her to go out with friends. Yeah, he's a bit clueless eating dinner without her but he's the one that's been left home alone while she parties. I would think that if she appreciated him at all she would get home and really thank him for accepting her time out so graciously. Nope, no real appreciation on her part. <br><br>

Hardworking husband and incredibly self centered wife. So she's feeling a bit middle aged and things aren't as exciting as they were. WOW, welcome to the human race. We all get older. He's going bald. Did he pick up a lover so he could feel better about that. Oops, no. Did he start sending signals to women at his office and hang out with them? Again, no. He seems to include her as much as he can in his activities unless she begs off. She seems bored with his presence.<br><br>

So we get to the end of the story and she seems to feel justified, that everything was leading inexorably to the result of her cheating. There were no answers, just rationalizations and a decision to abandon her marriage rather than to rebuild it. No she's not evil, just self absorbed and uncaring. That's the answer.

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
I liked it...

A not uncommon story at all! We get older. The romance fades. People are taken for granted. Love is taken for granted. Sex becomes same old, same old. Frustrations build after time. Romance in one's life is desired. We can go on and on....... Thats what these stories are all about! There was several "Whys" in this story! I read them...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
She

Is blowing smoke up his ass, she wanted a guy who paid a little attention to her, not that her husband didn't, so her excusse is bullshit. Next move, get a divorce and move on. She is a selfish bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
she makes the decision simpler

she has made the choice for him to leave her so much easier

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
gap

A gap was created and widened. I wounder how long before she's disposable to the yoinger guy? Each with fault and certainly she could have done more. so it goes, and a reason for him to be happy, without her. Her choice and consequences too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
CRAP...

One word says it all....

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Why bother?

Why a marriage counselor and not a divorce lawyer? Maybe he was too inattentive, but that is still no excuse. She certainly didn't seem to make any effort to fix things. Sorry, but not my favorite. Tim

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
cheat

If you want to cheat you will always find an excuse, she wanted, she did, now she should be gone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Now that he knows he can stop wasting any time on the bitch

Another cheating bitch. Kick her out and move on to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Cant Believe I am saying this But HARRY is correct here

As much as I can stand Harry... in this particular instance he is actually correct. It is more than little shocking that some of the readers and anonymous posters are arguing that the WHY -- the the motivation behind the wife's actions -- dont matter .

The very last two senses of the story has the wife saying specifically THIS IS WHY.

Harryin VA maybe a asshole but his observation here is actually on the mark. Moreover as you read the story again notice the number of times that the wife suspected that something else was going on... she knew that he knew... and she knew that he knew that she knew.... etc

Sure maybe the husband was not not a very communicative guy. Maybe.

But we don't know that since all we have here is a pathetic attempt by the wife to justify her actions. For example when she talked briefly about this book that she had just finished reading in hand moved her profoundly... The wife goes out of her way to say that she did not want to discuss the book with her husband.

"But, I wondered, did you know how much I cried over the ending to that book I read last weekend? Probably not. "

EXCUSE YOU DUMB BITCH... but how would anybody know about such a thing unless they open their mouth and communicate?

Hell must of frozen over... I agree with Harry

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
Not enough of a story to comment on!

I read the story and I agree with Risq's comments. All there is to this story fragment is an outline for one half of the conflict. What the hell is the question? I'm glad the answer was only on page at least.

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 12 years ago
She Had Her Reasons, But

Based on the little that was presented, it appears she had her reasons to be unhappy in her marriage. Given that, she had a couple of valid choices and one very wrong choice.

One valid choice would be to work very hard to make her husband understand that she was unhappy and then see if they could fix the problems. The second valid choice would be to simply leave her husband, telling him that she cannot keep living this way and that her love is dead.

Of course she chose the third and invalid choice. Since she does not seem to want to accept any responsibility but only blame her husband, he should divorce her and move on. Of course he should realize that he has some lessons to learn as well. Because she does not appear to accept responsibility for her wrong doing (nowhere in her WHY did she admit making a mistake) this marriage is dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
WTF?

This cougar has a piss poor reason for screwing wonder-boy. Forget talking and get the paperwork done!

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Good Read!!

Thanks for sharing.

user110user110almost 12 years ago
i love how the comment trolls give advice

to the fictional characters in these stories. he cant cut his losses, dump her, or get the paperwork done. he doesnt exist! fuck!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
MORE QUESTIONS THAT ANSWERS

and unless people are blind, deaf and dumb. Guess? TK U MLJ LV NV

Steve OrshonSteve Orshonover 11 years ago
How Sad

I'm not sure this story really belongs on an erotic literature site, but I guess it takes all kinds. That being said, the story was actually quite well written and I enjoyed the unique "snippets" style. A slow progression of a woman being subtly wooed by another man. There is no point in berating the author for why this happened or what could be done to prevent it or heal the relationship. This is a story and things like this do happen. Life isn't always pretty.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Fair Tale

But clear-cut for the husband. D-I-V-O-R-C-E

HA

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Same old question

Erotic or not the story belongs here. If the lovely lady who owns this site allows it to be posted, it belongs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Dump

Dump the cheating whore skank slut. Looks like she can`t keep her legs together. Now she is a cheating skank. Dump she and take her and her boyfriend to the cleaners or a good hitman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Interesting

Good story; a lot going on beneath the surface. Here we have a marriage that has gone stale, with an empty nest at home. Slightly younger man pursues (?), maybe not the right word, but he does come on to her, and the appeal is intellectual, not sexual. They talk, do things, while hubby sits at home and watches TV. The thing is, she gave the husband several chances to climb out of the rut, and he didn't take them, so that's on him. However, I think in the asides she understands that the breakdown in communication in her marriage was a two-way street, that she was as much at fault as he was. So, can this marriage be saved? Maybe, but she has to find another job, end her affair, and work a lot harder on communication with her husband. And the husband has to get up off the couch and re-establish why she fell in love with him in the first place, because I guarantee she didn't sign up for someone who spends all of his time in front of the TV.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good as they get...

... on this site. The atmosphere is right, the drift is gentle but sure, the outcome is almost certain. I don't think there's a blameworthy person among the three. Nice writing!

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
Underrated

But very low key in the emotions.

Like so many people, she is blaming her husband for a lack of excitement inherent life. "Why isn't he fascinated with me anymore?" She wails as she continues to play the routine hausfrau for her husband. "Doesn't my husband want to know me anymore?" She cries, ignoring the 20 years they spent doing just that while blatantly ignoring the fact that the Lothario would be perfectly content to have her read the phone book in his quest for quim.

Not exculpatory to her at all!

elHosedelHosedalmost 11 years ago
Well written, but damn that's some stupid reasoning.

I'm reminded of the old saying "If you're bored, it's because you're boring." As previous commenters mentioned, she placed ALL the blame on him, but never once mentioned any of these concerns.

Guy's who chase after married women... yeah, her co-worker needs a good solid "whoop ass".

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
She made it too compicated

Why?

Because I could and I felt like it - you home and reliable I wanted to think about just me - live with it.

Fuck her - slap him around - "No matter how married you are, you still can come out one of these times." he was a predator looking for married - safe pussy. he found it -

Why bother with the counseling she will do it again because she never ponce thought about her husband during any of the trip to his bed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The Husband Screwed Up!!

I am a retired Navy Chief, did 22 years of service and was away from home 13 years of that time. I was counseled, taught and learned lessons from some folks, hold up my end of the marriage ALWAYS. Every time I got back home the first few hours up to a day were the family as a unit, catching up and so on, just being together. Then the kids went to one of the grandparents as was predetermined by them and then it was wifey time for a minimum of 5 days. At least an overnight motorcycle trip was always included as that what we did for us plus the crazy trapeze sex (LOL). After I retired the kids were gone but certain things just happen, flowers for no reason randomly, lunch out and things that just happen. Her girlfriends and co-workers think I'm the greatest, wish that was true but a little effort goes a long way. Drop her off at work/pick her up on the motorcycle, even as a crazy old guy on a HD with a beard/ponytail, Dockers and a leather jacket the chicks are jealous of her, she loves it. 35 years of marriage, ups & downs, some yelling but I have never and will never touch her in anger, I am 6'6 280 and she's 5'6 130. This story proves too many men blow it as idiots, I may be stupid but my wife is mine and ain't going anywhere for kicks.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Damn

No excuse for cheating. No matter what. Everything can be worked out, even if the solution is divorce. Fucking cunt.

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

Do you have a mirror to go with that blame?

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 10 years ago
Well written

As with most of the comments I agree that the wife could have, should have talked to her husband instead of having a office romance.

However, I based my rating on the quality of the work. A very interesting flash type of story which explained the wife's reasoning and mistakes.

I think the author deserves high marks for the talent show.

Thanks for the hard work.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
To Many Pronouns

Very difficult to follow he said, impossible to follow at times.

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago
Why

I liked this story. There are too many stories that go into the sex, the orgasms, and the hurt and betrayal of infidelity; however, none of them go into the why. Every choice that we make in life has a why behind it. It doesn't make it right, but when we make the wrong choices the only way to not make that mistake again is to figure out the why.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
A cheating wife....

Nothing worst than a cheating wife trying to explain what she did and show she wasn't the guilty one....if a wife thinks her marriage has ended, just divorce, and then can search for happiness, but never cheating...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Subtlety

I'm as much a fan of subtlety as the next guy, but to call it a story at some point something should be actually said.

sinsational83sinsational83about 9 years ago
right

I fully agree with Anonymous on this one. not only did it suck as a almost story, it didn't even make much sense. I mean I got the half drift of it but still it was stupid and a waste of your time and of course a waste of my time reading it expecting something to happen wtf.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

I read this and almost rated it a 3. Then I read it again. Great take on the "why" instead of the "what". Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5 for your story and effort

love the idea

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 8 years ago
Ok.... so "Why?"...

Turns out to be that "You and I are like old comfortable shoes with each other and he's like a new boyfriend." That about right...?

Oh, well as long as there's a GOOD reason.

Hey... here's an idea... if you're feeling like your relationship with your spouse is where you're comfortable with each other but not really CONNECTING or feeling passionate... oh, I don't know, if that bothers you...?

MAYBE you should TELL your spouse. Unless, really, you. Just. Don't. Care. In which case divorce them... screw the marriage counseling, you've already chosen to tank your marriage rather than doing the completely impossible thing of...

Communicating.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
ANSWERS ARE LIKE FROSTY

no answers & sno-balls. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
for having listed male in profile

Hoe come your stories are written like a female

Love wen everything is males fault

Thats what serial cheating wice i Helena Montana always tels her loverscheck her post out

Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

stupid whore shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What the..........

....hell??????????

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No Problem

Thanks for sharing, and now we don't need the idiot counselor. Straight to divorce court! I liked the story, though it made me sad. These two are doomed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good riddance....

Let the cheating skank go, lay a beating on the asshole and move on....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
pointless

not even a story. *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
no mention

By her of her making any attempt in marriage so this story was just to let cheating wife blame it on her husband.

Wonder when his response will be posted where he has his own interlude

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

dumb cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
She was just another fucking bitch!

I use to see these bitches all the time at work during coffee breaks. We had a couple of guys who thought they were Adonis. They would talk up the good looking married women at work. A few months later, we would here about one of these fine ladies getting divorced. These Adonis guys had already moved on to hitting on other women at work. It was just was game that they played. I really hated them for the pain that they caused to the affected family's, especially the kids!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous