All Comments on 'An Infernal Folio'

by yowser

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wow

You had me at "incanabula"

The_Comte_dAmourThe_Comte_dAmouralmost 6 years ago

Excellent. More, please.

gordo12gordo12almost 6 years ago
Wow

I don't know about the technical things you talked about but if your descriptions were true it shows a tremendous knowledge about old books.

Regardless it was excellent and an easy 5*

And YES I'd like more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fantastic

As something of an (extremely amature) bookbinder on the side, your decriptions of the folios was almost as titilating as the actual intercourse. I hope there’s more!

EtaskiEtaskialmost 6 years ago
Ooo!

You were right, yowser. Cerebral fantasy. Dark and mysterious, too, the right kind of hints that persistently poke holes in one's secular reality. I enjoyed the sex (both the surprise and the encore), but so many questions....at least I have a theory. You gave enough hints.

If you planned a continuation, I would read it. I always enjoy a good sapiosexual story. ^_^

Stillness1977Stillness1977almost 6 years ago
A wonderful story

Echoing others -- please continue.

Fereniki_AlexandrouFereniki_Alexandroualmost 6 years ago
Brilliant story!

This story is absolutely brilliant! I loved the intellectual references and in-jokes. The sex was also insanely hot. I noticed you tended to use a lot more refined words for the organs involved than most other stories do on this site and I thought that was fitting to the story and actually made the encounter more arousing.

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 6 years ago

I loved to oh so formal language in this throughout but particularly in the sex scenes. It gavevitvan atmosphere of seriousness and the gravity often attributed to intellectuals. Very much enjoyed, thanks.

ProxyBlackProxyBlackalmost 6 years ago

Not sure if it was what i expected, but a great read regardless :)

Alice_RosaleenAlice_Rosaleenalmost 6 years ago

I hope you will continue this sensual, sapiosexual, supernatural story! Is Phaustos trying to warn her? Mislead? Threaten? Seduce? So much potential. Thanks for writing.

yembroseyembrosealmost 6 years ago

I enjoyed it, and as an added bonus it introduced me to Steganographia. I must learn more, very good.

weftandwarpweftandwarpalmost 6 years ago

Thank you for a very interesting read. I thought I'd commented a while ago but apparently not. I loved the references to antiquities, it seemed so comprehensive and comprehensible. The sense of mystery was compelling and the way it was written was clever. Thank you.

wordsworth_iiwordsworth_iialmost 6 years ago
Beguiling.

Among the most accomplished uses of literary vocabulary I've found in erotica. I shall be watching for your future opera.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 6 years ago
Unfinished

I find myself conflicted. No question this was beautifully written, and (if you're not actually an expert in the field) meticulously researched. It was arousing as well. It's a story that I respect a great deal. But it's so clearly unfinished and I find myself irritated by the lack of a resolution.

There's a part of me that wants to add you to my favorite authors list so I know as soon as you put out the next chapter. And a part of me that's still grumbling about being left hanging, and just wants to cut my losses and move on.

I'll have to think about it.

yowseryowseralmost 6 years agoAuthor
Finishment

Thanks for kind words all.

LoquiSordidaAdMe, yes, unfinished it is. There are a few factors:

The 'contest' was an unusual one, not one I have encountered before. A 'one shot' not intended to be a serial adventure. Designed for a hyper-intellectual audience, at least implicitly. In a category (Sci-Fi and Fantasy, not a category I have touched before), with the intriguing 'Geek pride' theme. (Many thanks to PuckIt for originating the concept, and then you and all the other energetic writers who nourished the idea in the authors' thread, many of you listed in the comments on this piece.)

The story fully intended to end with one installment, but we have often heard about good intentions. As you know yourself as a writer, your petri dish of characters and plot tends to grow sometimes all by itself.

There will be a follow-up, tentatively titled 'Infernal Fornications', perhaps in a month or so, and likely a third piece. If things are out of control by then, well, we may all be in trouble.

Thanks for thoughtful comments.

yowser

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
It's becoming a Movement

After Debbie Harkness got her take on these matters into film (why DOES the world of fiction still turn around the Shelley circle's fabulations?), I'm starting to wonder if I can identify the real personae hidden around the tales. The hawk's rather a give away, though: it's an avatar of the author, I suspect.

holliday1960holliday1960about 5 years ago
Phenomenal Writing!

I read the trilogy moving backwards in time. (The out-of-order sequence did nothing to detract from my entertainment with this series.) This is clearly written with a unique and admirable style that is so highly polished it glows. It's hard to imagine that this, being the first in chronological sequence, is the least captivating of the three. It's exquisite, plain and simple. You are NO one-off writer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useryowser@yowser
I am fond of a well-crafted story. My interests are broad spectrum, there is something here for almost everyone. I value writing as a tool of exploration.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES