All Comments on 'An Interesting Evening'

by Badwolf123

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
PearDrop3PearDrop3over 8 years ago
And?

You're leaving it there?

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 8 years ago
too damn short!!

Just got really interesting and wham it's done. Clever story, great job! Hopefully you'll write more.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Well

Fucking asshole jerkoff cheating husband. Damn what a way to catch him in the act. I hate cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
hmm

you cant leave it there - there must be a what happened next to finish the story

chrisr357chrisr357over 8 years ago
What a neat start

This made me smile (a lot)

There are so many possible endings.....maybe you should have a competition to see who comes up with best.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 8 years ago
Just fine

We've got the gist of the story, which is how he got caught out and confronted. There's no need to go further. Based on her ire, and his lies, I don't believe she will be going for the threesome. Unless it's at a later date with Rob and Laura( whom I actually visualize as Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore.

maninconnmaninconnover 8 years ago
Nice flash!

'Nuff said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Unless..

I like the possibility that it's a total co-incidence and she finds herself in a threesome with two strangers..

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
Lol. Interesting evening indeed.

Putting aside the absurd coincidence and the fact that inviting a complete stranger that you've known for 5 minutes to have sex with you in an impromptu threesome is unlikely, this story is intriguing. Oh, its about to get real! I hope there is a followup scene with the confrontation. This story can go so many different ways. The guy could turn out to not be her husband, which will be funny. If it is her husband, the pure shock on his face will be classic. So many ways...

mike9698mike9698over 8 years ago
so he blew off

their anniversary to cheat with 2 sluts. hope she kicks him in the nuts real hard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Clever setup. Finished as a flash story, but . . .

it would have been good if you had carried it to the point where she verifies that it is her husband, or that its not! Too cute if she verifies the bird's fuck toy is not her husband, and then, just as she's begging off the threesome, she sees her husband walking up to the apartments arm and arm with another woman, who turns out to be this first woman's room mate! As previously said, so many options.

Good work.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Chapter Two!

Would LOVE to see what happens when they meet Paula's guy, LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Rejected

After reading it, I can understand why it was rejected. There is plausible coincidence, and then there is highly improbable coincidence.

And the introduction of characters in the bar seemed to be attached to a different play than the restroom scene.

:LIterotica is a talented amateur writing site. Your story works in a way appropriate to this amateur site, but I think audiences who attend a venue like the Edinburgh Festival are looking for deeper insights into human behavior from the plays they see.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ah yes, and we have yet another jackass who thinks he's a writer but is too lazy

to finish the damn story! What waste of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One star. I only wish I could give negative stars. This piece of trivial crap would get a bunch of them.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 8 years ago
5* Story

Wow! What a different ending to what I was expecting!

I can guess why they would have rejected it, though. They probably had kittens when they thought about two fairly complicated sets to be built in a small stage area!

Of course, they could have done it with minimalist sets and played to blacks, differentiating between the two areas with clever use of lights.

Actually, this might be good if entered in an amateur theatrical competition. Or for a TV production? If only they still had Play of the Week on.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
I don't think it needs part 2...But...

I don't think it needs part 2...But it ended too soon...better if it ended when the cheating husband entered his lover's house...That should be the key point...But it's a good and funny story...3*

Concritic123Concritic123over 8 years ago
Work on your dialog skills......

An interesting, although unbelievable, story line was ruined by difficult to follow dialog techniques.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just wasn't clever

And the dialogue was neither fun or interesting. It simply didn't capture my attention or make me laugh.

fennmalikfennmalikover 8 years ago
I agree

Finish the story or why bother

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sequel Needed

Please. Thanks for what you've done so far.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 8 years ago
LOL!

If you, like me, are a Dr. Who fan at all, and know what "Bad Wolf" means in that context, then this first story setup, along with the author's name makes a nice matchup indeed! :-)

robinhodrobinhodover 8 years ago
Most of the comments are unkind

I liked it.

The comment I did like suggested inviting others to add to it.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 8 years ago
Forewarn Your Readers

When you post a bit of conversation, call it that up front. A "short play" connotes some complexity not presented.

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 8 years ago
Enjoyed Act 1

Do you plan to publish a second Act?

There is definitely a second chapter needed.

Thanks and please keep writing (it's been a while).

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved it!

She goes to confront him. He shows up 5 minutes after she leaves. Finds out she left with another woman. Let the fun begin....

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
Fly on the Wall

I'd love to be the proverbial 'fly on the wall' for the upcoming meeting! It will EITHER result in a massive melt-down (95% chance) OR a great enhancement in the couple's future relationship (5% chance, dammit!)

NO, FTDS does NOT need to finish this ... the most likely result is very obvious ... and the unlikely alternate is delicious to ponder!

5* GOOD does not HAFTA be long!

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Act 01

Scene 02

please

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Heh, heh. Looks like two people are in for a BIG surprise shortly.....

.....hubby and Paula, when Jenny shows up to their little tryst and the fireworks begin....or Jenny and Paula when they gets there and Jenny discovers a parallel situation, leaving (hence Paula's surprise) Jenny to either escape or join the fun.....

This one is interesting and worthwhile enough to beg a more developed second and perhaps, third installment.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I gave it five stars...

... Because I like funny. This has two very funny possible endings. One, it is her husband. Two, it isn't her husband. Panther fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Act 2

Has soooo many great possibilities! I can see three acts with act three either BURN or reconcile. Pleeeeeez

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
I Do Not Know****

Where and if you are going anywhere with this story. This is a damn good beginning or stand alone story. Thanks for sharing.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 8 years ago
DIFFERENT BUT GOOD!

I don't remember reading a story with 32 comments (at time I reed it) with so few negative. I enjoyed it.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 8 years ago
PERFECT!!!!!

I was thinking of asking for more, but this is a real good cliffhanger & leaves everything that happens next to the readers imagination. This doesn't need more chapters or acts. It's fine as is. It's about time someone put a story on lit that didn't describe everything & made us readers finish the story in our minds.

Keep up the good work!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Excellent!

Great short!

Would love to see a longer version of this where the cheating asshole gets his!

fifteen16fifteen16over 7 years ago
Like

I like this but, some writers leave the ending to the readers imagination and that works sometimes. Other times it's like reading a book to find the last two pages missing or some one telling a joke and has forgotten the punch line. With respect i think you could continue this adding drama and tension, the imagination is in you, you sre the entertainer.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakeralmost 7 years ago
Cute and entertaining

I liked it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Please Sir, May I Have Some More?

Another chapter or Act 2 please!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Nice!

I don't get all the negativity to this story. Yes, the coincidence is unbelievable, that's what makes it fun!

tigger119tigger119over 6 years ago
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

And the excrement will be hitting the rotating oscillating device REALLY soon!! ROTFLMAO. Very entertaining. Can't see why the theatre people turned this down.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
This

is quite good. Balances out that shit decisions decisions.

ribnitinribnitinover 5 years ago
unexpected

Your stories don't end in expected ways. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Learn to write!

What a half assed, lazy way to try and write a story. Learn to write!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Love it!

Nice little sketch, I'm sure it would've gone down well at the Fringe. Def 5* for the entertainment value and imagining the outcome when hubby finds out where the firewall ends and the wailingwall begins!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
That

was hilarious. I'd give a week's pay to be watching when the three of them come face to face.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Comments on Comments

Poly-Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore in a threesome?

Anon-"I like the possibility that it's a total co-incidence and she finds herself in a threesome with two strangers.."

Anon-"She goes to confront him. He shows up 5 minutes after she leaves. Finds out she left with another woman. Let the fun begin...."

Some of the comments are even funnier than the story. As to the negative comments, I don't blame you for being grumpy with that stick shoved up there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

so where is the ending or do you just do half stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Tigger119 and sbrooks103x said it

Enjoyed

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Someone

Will have two devils to himself tonight and he migth not like it.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Every time

S brooks103x ain't right every time. This just wasn't that good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
cute

cute story but no one to like. If its him he is a cheater. Either way she is now a cheater. Two losers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh , so no proof it's him , but she's now a proven whore .

Gross

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Sorry saw that coming a mile away.

And to the mouth breathers below, sorry she aint a cheater. If her hubby isnt there maybe she'll just leave. See how easily some kids get their panties all wadded up just because of that little streak of misogyny they share!

fregenfregenover 2 years ago

I rather like it. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

SO.... ??

Disliked. Conversation went too long. Story was unfinished; he heard the conversation, but what did he do in terms of reaction? 2 stars for the story & what I wrote.

usaretusaretabout 2 years ago

Won’t he be surprised!

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24about 2 years ago

Hah...wondering how surprisingly she end her nigth

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It is a shame the festival passed on this entry. I suspect it would have been very well received by a live audience. A bit of wanton comeuppance would add a pleasant spice to most such collective offerings.

Cvh0601Cvh0601almost 2 years ago
Evil

That was just too wicked, could you manage to write the "Aftermath"?

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

Too many snobs at the festival, eh? Great little flash story. Love it.

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

PS Oh, what brave and sophisticated anons this site has, eh!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Busted!!! Good read

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

Yes 10* I loved it, I have never had a bigger smile on my face from any lit story. Thank you.

Calico75Calico759 months ago

Great! Fun read!

jflindersjflinders7 months ago

I enjoyed it, but perhaps my reading of what is to come is different from others. I don't read this and see the wife cheating, just catching her cheating husband, which makes me wonder if this actually fits in this category. 5 stars anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

How the fuck is this rated 4+?

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Huh?

.

1 *

amygdalaamygdala10 days ago

I like where this is going but I have a FTDS vibes from the ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous