All Comments on 'An Unforgettable Melody Ch. 12'

by auguy86

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great series.

If that was the last story then it was a strong ending. I do hope there is more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Nicely done

I like this part very much and again you did a great job of telling Melody's origin story. I know once again you masterly adapted into Joe Brolly's and 800lbs Gorilla's universe they created using a unselfish wish by the mother so that her child would have a beautiful and full life. Now some would say you were stealing their ideas but you did not they created the outline, parameters, and how the charaters operate in that world so if another writer comes along you need to stay in that outline, similar to all the authors who write Star Trek books. I also think you made an ending similar to the ending I see happening in "A Beautiful Wish" by 800lbs Gorilla if he had continued writing. I do hope you continue because there is a part where Melody's son and daughter need to realize that when Mike dies so will she which means she needs to disclose to them what she is before that so they can be prepared. Unless you plan to kill off Melody first. Again you have done a great job handling her faith in God and how all that relates. Keep it up please.

soreireisoreireiabout 8 years ago
Incredible story

This has been an incredibly sweet story and well worth the read. Thank you for providing it for us.

auguy86auguy86about 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you all for the kind words

As you can tell, I poured everything I had into this chapter. This was truly one of the biggest things I had envisioned from the very start, and have been constantly leading towards since the prologue. HOWEVER! There is still one more story to tell. I'm finalizing the edits as we speak, so the final chapter should posted soon. Thanks again, keep reading, and please spread the word to anyone who loves a good fantasy story that is still grounded in reality!

FormerReaderFormerReaderabout 8 years ago
Interesting

I had to re-read chapter 00 because I couldnt remember Selena. Anyways, very creative background for Melody that makes your series stand out from the other genie series. Thanks for writing them and I look forward to the last chapter you hinted at. 5 stars

Sweet2touchSweet2touchabout 8 years ago
Wow!!!

Love, love, LOVE!!! Such a wonderful story!

sithonsithonabout 8 years ago
That was mighty white of your character.

It was very good of your character to steer the young man away from his natural criminal tendencies. It was also nice for your character to be friendly with his unwed mother despite being unattractive by being black.It was also great luck that he was a Christian otherwise all that power would have fallen into the hand of an evil atheist or some other religion without the word of God to steer them away from immorality.

Fine fine writingO:-)

auguy86auguy86about 8 years agoAuthor
Sithon...

Clearly by your tone you are not a fan of my take on reconciling two completely different realities and how a person with these character traits would respond to a situation like the one I have presented. That is your prerogative, and if so, you are free to not read my work again. I knew before starting this journey that my unique perspective would not be popular with everyone, and I'm ok with that.

However, it is clear from your other comments that you have not actually paid attention to what you have been reading. In regards to Tyler, it was repeatedly stated that his natural instincts made him a good kid who wanted to do the right thing; his friends were the ones attempting to steer him down the path of criminal tendencies. If his natural tendencies were, as you suggest, of a criminal nature, Mike's advice would have had no effect on him whatsoever.

Additionally, you mistake Mike's lack of physical attraction to Sandra as portraying her as unattractive, which is not the case if you read the words I wrote. She is described as, and I quote, "quite a good-looking woman." She is not, as you suggested, unattractive overall, and I completely disavow your insinuation that being black makes her unattractive. Mike simply has his personal preferences and tastes in what kinds of women HE finds attractive to HIMSELF. Every person in the world, whether they will admit it or not, has similar preferences that they use in determining whether or not they find someone attractive to themselves.

I will not delete your comment, because I believe firmly in not silencing someone simply because I disagree with them. I have thick skin, and completely respect your right to disagree with me, however I will answer back when you are factually inaccurate in quoting my work. I sincerely hope you do enjoy reading my stories, but if you genuinely don't enjoy it, I honestly hope you will look elsewhere for something more enjoyable for you to read. Life is too short to read something you don't find to be inspiring.

Best regards, auguy86

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sithon

Please take your racist attitude somewhere else. It's not welcome on otherwise friendly comment boards.

wet_specialwet_specialalmost 8 years ago
Great series

Looking forward to the next. Also please disregard Sithon as he's clearly trolling. You depict a sincere, loving inter generational and peer friendship between Christians including blacks and somehow get called racist. Are we still supposed to take these retards seriously?

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
you are mixing

your metaphors.

again

imho trying to reconcile your grounded reality with the ancient fantasy of the Jinn was a complete mash up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
LOVED IT

i know this is a bit of a late comment but i wanted to thank you for writing such a beautiful piece of work characters portrayed well and love the references to movies and stuff keep up the good work

-fred2104

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Surprisingly well done. In reality, Christianity would be incompatible with genies, but since this is fiction, you did a pretty good job of representing the Christian faith in a genie story. I enjoyed reading about a character with good character.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userauguy86@auguy86
Welcome, readers! My name is M.H. Barton, also known as auguy86. I am an author of erotic literature, dabbling mostly in romance and sci-fi/fantasy. I have lived for my entire life in the southern United States, aka "The South." I live here with my fantastic and loving wife, ...