All Comments on 'An Unlikely Romance Ch. 01'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
WerewolfEnthusiastWerewolfEnthusiastover 12 years ago
interesting twist

this reminds me slightly of a book called the cleaner an the movie taking lives. but this is different in its own uniqueness so far. i honestly can say i look forward to reading more from you keep up the brilliant work.

KatieTayKatieTayover 12 years ago

hi, already replied to you via email. I'd have rated this 4.75 but there isn't any way, so I'll put it as a deserved 5. The 0.25 was really just for a few run-ons, I have a thing about those, but otherwise I find everything about this story appealing and nothing is a turnoff. This is brilliant work.

Artina HeartflashArtina Heartflashover 12 years ago
verrrry intrguing

I do believe I will enjoy this story as I continue to the next chapters. It has much intrigue. Maybe I have missed something, but it seems fingerprints surely would have been left on the door when you locked it... No mention of gloves left on for kinky play, which would have not allowed the prints. I want to find out why those have escaped ID in this murder (and previous cases).

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonabout 12 years ago
Really good...

and really disturbing. The best combo. On to the next...

KarenasKarenasover 11 years ago
What a Start!

I am gonna like this! Very interesting characters and situation!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Well, voting seems to be disabled but I'll leave a comment; not my chip of tea, not a fan of serial killers, not sure how this will go ( will she catch him, will she join him) and not interested enough to keep going.

The changes in perspective - first to third, not just changing viewpoint characters but within the same scene - was annoying, and broke me out of the story.

Police detective came off as over the top, sticking her finger in a CSI dweeb's bum and showing of her bullet scars.

I'd give it a three, and encourage you to edit more and keep practicing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

"I reached my house. It was late, but Mrs. Freemont was eagerly waiting for him. "

You do this a few times, which is really jarring, but otherwise, great first chapter.

SoMikeSoMikeover 8 years ago
Nope

The world is full of enough real horror that the compulsion to read about fictionalized horror is absolutely nil. A romance about a prostitute-murdering serial killer. Kewl. So, why is it that authors often choose women (and it usually is women) on the edges of society to kill--no, murder--off in these stories? I've often wondered how so many of my fellow human beings can justify placing such little value on the lives of others, especially if it is for their own entertainment. I suppose that's why I've become increasingly disinclined to view or read violent, demeaning or dehumanizing subject matter. As someone who has walked the halls of a cancer hospital--during and after my own treatment--the look on the faces of despairing human beings was horrific enough for me.

I just cannot fathom the readership for this story and others similar to it. This is nothing like primitive homo sapiens sapiens trading tales around a campfire. Or is it? Is there a primal urge to see or hear others as they suffer? And recount those memories later? Who knows. It's not for me, not any longer.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
@ SoMike 11/25/15

Art imitates life.

The (most?) famous serial killer 'Jack the Ripper' targeted poor prostitutes.

Yes though, I do agree with you I find my tastes no longer include straight up horror.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"fictional downplay"

not impressed.you cant write worth a shit dude. you dont even know what to emphasize or cut out all together. draaaaaaggggiiing nothing pertinent to the the storyline. the names are kinda catchy but devereux and simon. cmon played out..use more decriptive adjectives while painting an image of the atmosphere for the reader as they read.

example. As Simon glanced back up after fidgeting for his newports he never stopped smoking like he claimed, standing under the rustic 40s style saloon doors ndvjnjdlnadjlbhjdfbjvdjvcnxk the light from the rustic lamp shimmied off the freshly stocked indoor ponf

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Put Up or Shut Up

This is directed to the previous two hate-filled buffoons. Please add links to your highly rated respective stories or shut up. It's fine to suggest more adjectives and even to say that this is not your style. To criticize an author without providing examples of your own excellence is neither constructive nor polite. You are rude, shallow, thoughtless, and stupid. You may or may not be ignorant. BTW, is that enough adjectives for you?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Mixed emotions

Like someone else stated I'm not a fan of serial killer as main characters. Even if he reforms, I can't see a happy ending. So, on one hand, I would like to save myself from reading a sad story.

On the other hand, the story is original and there might be a twist. I hope so, otherwise I think I'm going to hate it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nope.

I can't identify with a serial killer and consider the story a romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Um

I don’t know, I have mixed emotions. It’s scary reading from that POV. I’m still going to finish reading this story..because that’s all it is. A story. At least it’s something different to read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories