Angela and Vonda Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Angela remained in her room in bed, mostly asleep for another three days. The affects of the dental procedures were more profound than anticipated. There were no complications, only an increased concern regarding her overall health. When she reawakened Mary was there to greet her. She explained Brandon had been home the day before, had looked in on her, was concerned, and promised to stay longer the next time her was back. For the time being he had to leave the country for a meeting in Southeast Asia. It was to be a long trip and he didn't expect to be back any time soon.

Mary kept Angela in bed another day, bringing her sterile drinking water, soft foods, and a special mouthwash she used several times. During this time Mary massaged Angela, rubbing her with soothing lotions, and just generally making over her.

On the second day after her more complete recovery Angela was allowed out of bed on her own. Till then she hadn't been permitted in the bathroom and hadn't seen her teeth since the surgery. Her tongue still told her something was unusual about her front teeth. When she finally did get into the bathroom to look in a mirror she was absolutely totally horrified. Her front teeth, her beautiful front teeth had been filed or shaved away to almost nothing. They looked like a child's teeth. Nothing hurt so she guessed they hadn't penetrated deep enough to affect any of the nerves, but the visual was devastating. Her beautiful wonderful sexy womanly smile was gone. Looking back at her through the mirror was a set of baby teeth, the teeth of a little girl, the smile was the look of a baby's. She screamed!

Mary was in the bathroom instantly. She grabbed Angela and pulled her away from the scene of the crime. Mary immediately injected her with something to put her to sleep. It was obvious that Angela wasn't pleased with her new look.

She reawakened hours later with the full knowledge they'd done something awful to her. The inconceivability that someone would go so far to torment her as to ruin her teeth was beyond imagination. Vonda was even more of a monster than Angela imagined. She got up and returned to the bathroom with the false hope her tongue and her dreadful imaginings were somehow wrong. Looking in the mirror a second time only confirmed what she knew to be true.

All six of her front teeth, uppers and lowers, had been either shaved or chiseled down. It looked like spaces had been filed between her front teeth. Her beautiful teeth, her beautiful big white teeth were gone. All that was left were childish little nubs. Equally disturbing, something had been done to her molars. She felt with her tongue, opened her mouth and looked, and then used her fingers to confirm one upper and lower molar on each side had been sculpted down just above the gum line. She imagined that would create difficulties eating, but she couldn't fathom why her molars were reconfigured in such an abstract manner.

Angela took heart. Regardless of the short term damage they'd inflicted teeth were something that could be fixed. Caps could be made to return her natural smile, and molars could also be easily capped. But why would Vonda do this? What hideous evil purpose did she have for such awful disfigurement?

Mary walked into the bathroom, "I saw what happened to your teeth. They said there was some sort of infection that had penetrated all your front teeth requiring their immediate reshaping." Mary looked at Angela for some kind of response but found none so she continued, "The dentist assured us the situation was only temporary. After a few weeks of medication, gargling a special wash, and some secondary surgical procedures they'd be able to cap your teeth and make them as good as new."

So far Angela hadn't said anything, but these last remarks were a bit much, "I wan." Pause, "I wan." Another pause. "I, I, I." She couldn't talk. She tried again, "I nee." Pause, "I ha." Nothing was coming out! She was stunned. Terrified! She couldn't talk! What else had they done to her? She tried to yell, "I wan." She grabbed her throat. What was going on?

Mary ran over and grabbed her arms, "What's wrong? Say something!"

Angela could barely get anything out, "My woo!" Now she wasn't making any sense! She'd lost her voice!

Mary pushed her in a chair, "Sit down Angela. Calm yourself down. You're acting hysterically. Just try to get hold of yourself." Mary knelt beside her and held her in her arms, "This might just be a hysterical reaction to the sight of your teeth. There's no medical or clinical reason why you shouldn't be talking."

Angela sat as calmly as she could, then very slowly she tried to articulate what she needed to say, "I...want...my...teeth...my teeth." She was unable to pronounce certain things.

Mary tried to be helpful, "Don't try to talk." She reached around and grabbed a pen and paper, "Here, write down what you want me to hear."

Angela reached for the pen and paper, but her hand hung limply at her wrist. She tried to pick up the pen, and though her arm responded, nothing beyond reacted at all. Her wrist hung limply. She could wiggle her fingers, but wasn't able to grasp anything. It was like everything from her wrist outward was capable only of the simplest movement, but incapable of anything else. She looked at Mary in horror, "My wri, I no move my." She was losing all voice control.

Mary reacted instantly. She jumped up and called 911. They had to get her to the hospital. This was terrible! Something had to be done.

Vonda intercepted the 911 call, and called her own surgeon who was out at the house well ahead of any paramedic vehicle. The surgeon examined Angela's throat and arm and wrist control. He also gave her legs, ankles, and feet a thorough examination. . His called the surgeon who worked on Angela's teeth, and came back with an analysis. The nitrous oxide in and of itself was an almost totally harmless gas, but there must have an allergic reaction to the oxide when combined with the two other pain killers Angela had been given. The result was the current set of difficulties.

An allergic reaction was all it was. It could last a few hours; it could last as long as a few weeks. The way he explained it Angela was suffering from acute laryngeal dystonia, or put more simply laryngeal incompetence. The interaction of the medicines had caused her to become incapable of using her voice box to form certain words and make certain sounds. Sometimes it was referred to as oral glassification. It would go away with time.

The problem with her wrist movement and her inability to use her fingers or thumbs to hold or grasp things was what he called peripheral neuropathy. The ailment with her wrists had a popular name. It was often called 'drop wrist'. This passivity of the wrists and the fingers might last a few hours, a few days, or it could last longer. The doctor was reluctant to set a time line on the extent of that ailment.

The doctor was concerned that the malady might spread to her ankles, feet, and toes, but considering there was no evidence of spread yet, it might not occur.

Angela, Mary, and Vonda listened to the doctor with alarm. Vonda felt especially bad since it had been her idea to correct Angela's overbite, which actually had been almost nonexistent. Now her poor sister-in-law was both verbally and mechanically impaired.

Vonda asked, "Are there any medications that could offset this, or at least reduce the incapacitating affects?"

The doctor smiled and reassured them all there were drugs that could help the verbal problem, but he was less certain about the trouble with her wrists and fingers.

Angela had a hundred questions but every time she tried to speak all that came out was a garbled mess. Further, the continued effort to talk was causing some pain.

Mary put her hand on Angela's arm and tried to calm her, "It'll be OK honey, you'll see."

Angela's response was to yank her hand away, but in so doing she hit it on a table causing her yelp in in pain. She couldn't talk and ask questions, and she couldn't use a pad or pen to write any questions down. She was reduced to responding to questions the others around her asked.

The doctor asked her if she felt any pain. She responded with a negative swish of her head.

Both Vonda and Mary were very solicitous, and it soon was apparent to Angela the doctor was being overly solicitous as well. Every question seemed to be directed at her as though she were incapable of cogent thought. She thought to herself, damn she was unable to talk or write but she was still capable of thinking clearly.

Vonda asked Mary, "Mary dear would you help Angela back to her room. She looks terribly distraught."

Angela was distraught but not tired. She tried again to say something, "I. I. Wa. I wa."

Vonda took her limp little hand, "Angela don't make your sister angry. Go upstairs now with Mary while I talk to the doctor."

The last thing Angela wanted was Vonda with the doctor and her not being there, "Na, Na, I, Wa."

Vonda turned to Mary, "Help Angela upstairs." Looking back at Angela she sternly added, "Get Marge and Dorothy if you need help."

Angela understood the inference. She turned to the doctor and tried to implore to him that she needed to be there, "I. I. Oh. Pe."

The doctor smiled reassuringly, "I'm going to talk to your sister now. We're going to order you some medicine that will help you get your voice back. Don't worry dear, everything will be all right."

My God Angela thought. He's treating her like a child. She wasn't a child. She just couldn't talk.

Mary stood up, "Come on Angela. Up we go girl."

It was the first time Mary had referred to her in such a condescending manner. The use of the term girl was especially galling. She got up, let Mary hold her arm at the elbow, and went back upstairs.

Once Angela and Mary had stepped away the doctor and Vonda had a more serious talk.

The doctor began, "We have medicines that will enable her to regain some of her vocal functions, but there are side affects."

Vonda was curious, "How much vocal function will she regain?"

The doctor stroked his chin, "She'll never fully recover just with medication, but she'll regain some function. However, she must be kept calm. She must be discouraged from talking too much. Just simple questions and simple answers for a long time."

Vonda tilted her head, "How long a time?"

"I have no idea."

"What kind of side affects are you referring to?"

The doctor took both Vonda's hands in his. He knew how concerned the woman was about her sister-in-law's health,

"She'll be easily confused at first, and there will be high level of suggestibility."

Vonda gave him a piercing look, "Meaning?"

"For a long time it will be easy to talk her into things; you know, persuade her to do things she might not normally do. Under those circumstances my best suggestion is to limit her outside contacts s she won't be so easily confused or upset. Keep her calm and stable. Try her keep her active and involved in the tasks she's be able to perform. Give her lots of attention, and lots of warmth. Make certain she has lots of things to do. Of course, within the limits of her ability"

Vonda asked, "How long doctor? How long could this go on?"

His answer, "I expect she'll recover eventually, but don't look for miracles. She's suffering from an acute and incredibly rare allergic reaction. And I might add too much stress will only prolong and aggravate the problem."

Vonda gave him a concerned look, "I see. How soon can we expect the medications for her voice?"

The doctor was quick to respond, "Oh I'll see that you get everything in a day or two."

Vonda looked at him, "Don't send it. Bring it yourself."

"Of course."

After Vonda showed the doctor to the door she considered. How unfortunate. Our little Miss Angela can't talk and can't use her hands to write. She really is in a sort of a bind, such a pity. She walked down the hall to Brandon's study. She had to make some more calls. Poor girl she thought. We'll have to find some kinds of therapy I suppose.

Upstairs in Angela's room Mary got her settled in, "Now don't you worry Angela. I'll dress you and feed you, and bathe, and take good care you." She took her hand and brushed back some loose hairs, "You won't have to say or do anything. I'm going to be here for you all the time." She kissed her lips, "You'll see. I'm going to make you so happy."

Mary got up and went to Angela's bureau, "Now let's see. How can we dress you up today?"

Angela looked on with mixed emotions, if she was dependent upon Mary's good will before it was even truer now. The woman rummaging through her chest had become more than her warden. She was in a position to control every single aspect of her every waking moment. Angela cringed; Mary up here, Vonda downstairs, and Brandon gone.

*

This is not finished. If anyone has any comments, suggestions, ideas, or criticisms please share. Carvohi

12