All Comments on 'Anniversary Proposal Ch. 03'

by THIRDCOAST

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 8 years ago
5 stars

I liked this chapter a lot. The interaction with Tessa was well done.

THIRDCOASTTHIRDCOASTover 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thanks for the kind words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A couple of thoughts on the series

First of all, it’s rather refreshing seeing a series where it really is about both spouses participating. There have been so many of the sharing/swinging stories where the one spouse (usually the husband) is just an observer and not gettin’ any, too.

<P>

You made no mention of kids at all, he just came home one day telling her about the trip and they left, so I infer they don’t have any. That kinda factors into speculation on where this is going. Frankly, in the first chapter I was thinking Kevin was trying to take her away from Jim. Until we find out she works for Kevin, I was getting a bit of a vibe that Casey was a hooker Kevin hired so Jim wouldn’t have grounds to complain when he fucked Jen or worse convinced her to leave Jim. However, then we find out Casey’s story and Kevin’s thoughts, so that died. He seems to see Jim as a comrade in arms.

<P>

The coupled with the lack of kids is what really lead me to wondering. I can see a few scenarios: they leave and go back to their lives with the memories (I don't really see that), they go back but with her as his submissive, Jim and Kevin make a trade (Jen stays with Kevin and one or two of the crew goes with Jim), or Kevin offers Jim a position and they move to the island.

<P>

I generally don’t care for submission/BDSM, but you are handling with a gradual hand – at least from an outside observer POV – so in this case it seems to be working. The problem is that it doesn’t really jibe with her thoughts. Most of this is in first person from her POV, and except her use of the word “obediently” when they were buying the dress, there really isn’t anything in her thoughts that really would indicate she’s submissive. The reply of “Sir” in the scene just came out. There were no thoughts from her about “where did that come from?” or realization that she liked reacting like that. Yeah, Kevin said he recognized that in her, but her thoughts are really those of someone who’s maybe caught up in the sensuality of the events, but not necessarily submissive. If this was told with a third person POV, yeah her being a submissive does seem to fit what’s happening. However, from a first person POV, she seems to just be going along with opening up to other partners and not necessarily being Jim’s (or Kevin’s) submissive. You might want to have more of her thoughts and feelings reveal that facet of her personality.

THIRDCOASTTHIRDCOASTover 8 years agoAuthor
thanks

I appreciate the kind words and insight. I think when the finale is released it may answer some of your questions.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous