Another Chance Ch. 01

Story Info
She thought love was only true in fairy tales.
4.5k words
4.65
18.6k
3

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/27/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was a tiny thing – only 3 – but the vision of the ambulance pulling away from their house, carrying her father to the hospital for the last time, stayed with her into adulthood. A girl needs her daddy to give her guidance and advice as she's growing up but, most of all, his love that gives stability to her life. Without that, she would search forever to find the man to fill that void in her heart.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

He had loved only one woman in his life. They always say that there's only one soul mate for each person and he knew that he had found her. They hardly even had a disagreement and, if they did, they stayed up and talked it through until all was resolved. They had friends but preferred the closeness and privacy of just being together in their own little world. They traveled after he retired and did all the little things that they had planned all their lives. They thought their world could not get any better and then tragedy struck – she was diagnosed with a disease and they couldn't find anyway to treat her. She was very strong in her attitude and would not agree to any chemotherapy or radiation. She was slipping away and there wasn't anything that he could do but hold her hand and watch. She died peacefully in her sleep but he was devastated. For two years, he mourned her and hardly left his home except to go to the grocery store and run errands. One night, as he had finally dosed off to sleep, a vision of his lovely wife came to him and told him that it was time to move on and that he had been in mourning for long enough.

She had been married for too many years to a man who emotionally abused her and finally she had had enough and called a lawyer. With the money she had saved, she filed for divorce and moved into her own apartment. She had never been alone – living with her mother or with her husband – so this was a new experience. Independence! What a wonderful feeling! It's funny how your married friends drop you socially when you get a divorce so she was left on her own – finding companionship with some of the ladies in her church to fight the loneliness.

She was invited to a party at one of the largest homes in the city and really toyed with the idea of not going at all because of her shyness. She didn't have a date and knew that she would really feel out of place but she put on her prettiest dress and a little makeup to highlight her features and fixed her hair. She knew she had to go to "make an appearance" so she smiled at herself in the mirror and was surprised at how pretty she looked. That made her "feel" pretty, too.

She walked in the door and looked around for someone – anyone – who she might know and started to talk to help her feelings of shyness evaporate. While she was socializing and checking out the men, she saw him. He was standing by the hors d'oeuvres' table and their eyes met. She looked around to see if maybe he was looking at someone else but she was standing all alone. She HAD to be the one he was looking at and her face started to flush. He was so handsome with a little gray around his temples and he was so tall – taller than anyone she had ever dated. Being short, she always seemed to attract the shorter boys. She was mesmerized by his blue eyes and couldn't turn away even though she knew she should. Not knowing what to do, she just stood there feeling silly. He put down his plate and took a step toward her.

She felt as if she were going to faint. Her inferiority complex kept her from believing that he was actually interested in her. She wasn't what most think of as a "10" in comparison with other women. She was curvy in places that should be curvy but carrying a little more weight than even she was comfortable with so she never thought that she "deserved" a man as handsome as he was.

He took another step and was standing right in front of her. He could not get over his attraction to her. He had not had any feelings like this in such a long time. He felt as if he were a moth and she were the flame and there was nothing that he could do but go with the flow of his emotions.

"Hello," he finally stammered out. "My name is Jonathan, what's yours?"

"Errr.. my name is Alicia.........," she replied as she stared into his eyes.

"Are you here with anyone?"

"No, I'm just here to make an appearance. How 'bout you?"

"Well, I am also trying to 'make an appearance' and then leave. Do you think you've succeeded? "

"Actually, no, I don't think anyone even knows that I'm here. I feel sort of alone in a room full of people so to speak. I have a hard time meeting people. I'm afraid my shyness keeps me from being in the 'in crowd' if you know what I mean."

"I'm not shy but mine is rather a choice that I make to stay away from the 'in crowd'. I'd rather be liked for myself instead of by the company that I keep."

She was feeling so comfortable as if his words had just enveloped her and were holding her. She was hanging on his every word as if they were the most important words she had ever heard. He was surprised at his own actions after such a long time of having no feelings at all – just numb to the pain and numb to any other feeling he was supposed to have. As they were talking, he touched her arm and she felt as if she had been jolted with electricity. What was it about this man? How could he conjure up these emotions in her? She always wanted to feel this way but never had. It was a dream come true.

"Would you like to find a quiet corner and talk?" he asked.

"I would love that so much. Do you mean here or somewhere else?"

"Well, now, anywhere you want. Would you like to leave?"

"I think that I have had about as much fun as I can have here. Would you like to go have a bite to eat some place? I'll treat."

"I could never let a lovely young lady like yourself pay for mine but 'you' have to choose the place."

"Ok, how about that little Italian restaurant down the block? Do you like Italian?"

"That's perfect because it's small and has little booths in the back that are more private and I can have you all to myself."

"Do you really mean that?"

"Of course, I don't want some desirable young man to come along and snatch you away before I get to find out more about you."

She beamed and her face was beginning to turn the nicest shade of pink as she lowered her eyes. She just couldn't believe this gorgeous man was flirting with her and wanted to be with just her.

-x-x-x-

They found a secluded booth in the back of the restaurant and ordered a couple of drinks. Alicia just couldn't keep from looking into Jonathan's eyes – so clear that she felt as if she were swimming in them. She couldn't make herself believe that she was here with such a man. She never thought that she could "deserve" such a man.

Jonathan was watching her with a smile because he knew what he was doing to her. He could feel her heat and it was exciting him in a way that he had not felt in a long time. He, too, couldn't believe his luck. He had given up even looking for a woman after he lost his wife and here she was - a vision who had captured his attention from the very first glance.

Jonathan was the first to speak because Alicia had tried but nothing came out of her mouth. "What do you do?" he asked.

"I'm a secretary for a publishing company. We print magazines for the city. What do you do?"

"I'm a lousy lawyer."

She had to smile because most lawyers have a reputation for being crooked. "I'm certain that you're one of the 'good' guys. Aren't you?"

"Well, I try to be. Honestly, it's hard sometimes because it's so tempting to be bad. I have not succumbed to the 'dark side' yet though"


When Alicia smiled, her teeth reflected in the light. He, too, was mesmerized by her innocence. They ordered and ate but still they could not stop looking into each other's eyes. When Jonathan reached out and touched her hand and rubbed her fingers, she gasped with the shock but didn't remove her hand.

"I'd like to see you again if that's possible, Alicia."

"I can't think of anything I would like more. Would Saturday night be all right? I could cook dinner at my place. Really, I'm a pretty good cook even though I don't do too much for just myself."

"That would be perfect. Would 6 be all right? If so, I need your address."

Alicia gave him her address and phone number even though it was the first time she had ever given a man that much information about herself on a first meeting but she just had to see more of this gorgeous man.

The days seemed to drag by but gave her a chance to look in all her cookbooks and clean her apartment and then buy the groceries for her special night. What if he didn't show up? What if he lost her number and address? What if? What if? Because of her thinking that she was just a dowdy woman and couldn't catch a man, she started worrying about everything. Finally, she put all those thoughts out of her mind and concentrated on what she would wear and what they would eat.

She found the perfect dress – a plain black, loose-fitting dress that was short enough to show her nice legs and cut low enough to show a little cleavage. She didn't want to look too "needy" but she wanted to look desirable – if possible.

Saturday night finally arrived and she was ready. Her hair was loose around her shoulders and her dress fit in all the right places and she found some comfortable shoes with decent heels to make her legs look sensational. All the food she prepared was perfect and just before 6, she lit the candles on the table. She was ready!!

When the doorbell rang, she walked slowly trying not to be so anxious and when she opened the door, there he was propped against the facing with a bunch of stargazer lilies in his hand and a big smile on his face. He was more gorgeous than the first time she had seen him.

When the door opened, Jonathan thought that he had seen her before but wow! She looked incredible! She looked good enough to eat and he was having a hard time not grabbing her and seeing if she felt as good as she looked.

Both were trying to be reserved and, as he entered, he touched her lips with his and fireworks went off in the distance. Alicia thanked him for the flowers and kissed him on the cheek before she put them in a vase on the table. The aroma from the food and the fragrance of the flowers and her perfume were sending Jonathan to places he had not been in a couple of years. It was all he could do to keep his hands off of her.

Dinner was uneventful with small talk and touching of hands. When the meal was finished, she asked if he wanted to retire to the den. The fireplace was crackling with red and orange flames going up the chimney and the lights were dimmed so the room was just set for romance. He sat on one end of the sofa and as she sat next to him, he put his arm around her and pulled her close.

"I cannot believe that you're here," she admitted looking at him with tears in her eyes.

"What do you mean?" he asked in surprise.

"A man like you.................and me......"

"What's that supposed to mean – a man like me?"

"You're so beautiful and I am so fat......."

His eyes were big as saucers. He held her by her shoulders and looked directly into her eyes. "You're the most beautiful creature I've seen in a long time. I've only loved one woman in my life and I feel as if my heart has started beating again and it's all because of you. Fat? Noooooooooo you're just perfect – soft and silky – and you fit in my arms so perfectly."

She looked at him in amazement of what she had just heard. He was telling her the truth and she couldn't even speak but the tears rolled down her cheeks.

Jonathan pulled her into his arms and kissed her eyes where the streams were running down her cheeks and then he kissed her nose and then pushed her back and looked at her before leaning in and pressing his lips to hers. Alicia felt as if she had died and gone to Heaven. His lips were so soft and she was completely lost as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

-x-x-x-

When the kiss ended, he held her out so that he could look at her face flushed with excitement and her eyes closed as she was savoring the experience. There was no way that Alicia would have been able to stand after that. Jonathan took her breath away and he smiled knowing the effect it had on her. When she opened her eyes, she felt as if she could see right into his soul. They just stared at each other for a few minutes until he pulled her against him again just to feel her body so close they could feel each other's hearts beating. As he found her lips again, their bodies simply melded together as if they were made for each other.

Jonathan gathered her up in his arms and carried her to the bedroom and laid her down on the bed. He had to feel her lips again and lay down next to her. He pulled her close to him and they snuggled together and the world as they knew it disappeared and there were only the two of them as their lips met.

Alicia couldn't believe that all this was happening to her. It's what she had dreamed of for years and the men that she had known were nothing like this one. He was gentle and loving and she just knew that making love to him would be everything she had always fantasized about.

Jonathan kissed her eyes and her nose and then traced her ears with his tongue sending chills down Alicia's spine especially when he breathed in her ear. Down her neck, he planted little kisses until he reached that soft spot between her neck and her shoulders and then bit the skin ever so gently. He lifted away from her so that he could see her face and also so he could kiss down into her cleavage and run his hand up her smooth leg.

-x-x-x-x-x-x

Jonathan, too, was unbelieving that all this was happening because he had given his heart to one woman long ago and had no thought that there might be anyone else for him. His emotions seemed to be running away with him and they were out of his reach to control. Feeling her body so close to his – soft and warm and surrendering – he just had to have her.

As he ran his hand up her leg, he also caught the bottom of her dress and pulled it up slowly. When he reached her panties, he just had to touch the satiny fabric that covered her body. It was as if her skin were on fire and each time he touched her, she felt as if she had been struck by lightning. He took the initiative and grasped the dress and lifted it over her head as she sat up to help. He couldn't believe his luck – after all these years, he had found a lovely woman who was nothing like the wife he loved so much but was someone he would like to spend a lifetime getting to know.

She allowed him to remove her dress and she lay back in her black bra and panties and watched his face as he really saw her body for the first time. She had always thought that because her body wasn't perfect that no man could find her desirable. Her abusive husband never even told her that she was attractive or looked nice or smelled good. When she would try to get a compliment from him by asking him if she looked all right, he would only say, "You always look nice." Not a sincere compliment to help her ego though.

He just drank in her beauty – filling his eyes with her smooth, soft skin and larger- than-most breasts and round stomach and lovely legs. He just wanted to touch her everywhere and never let her go. He started to unbutton his shirt but she said, "No, please let me........" She sat up and started unfastening his shirt one button at a time and then she kissed down his chest after each button. He had never had anyone do this and because of the slow way that she was doing it, he could hardly breathe. Her light kisses all the way down his chest and stomach lit a fire that had not burned in many years.

She unbuckled his belt and unzipped his pants and he allowed her to slip her hands in on each side and push them down and off. She couldn't wait and grasped his cock through his underpants and found that he was so hard he was throbbing. She was thrilled when it jumped in her hand. She still couldn't believe that "she" was the reason for this reaction.

She had been emotionally abused for so many years that having the attention of this kind, loving man was surely a dream. He reached behind her and with one quick motion, had her bra unhooked. He slowly pulled the straps down her arms and off and gasped when he finally saw her breasts – round and full and tipped with large areolas and nipples just craving to be sucked. As many breasts as he had seen in the past – both real and in pictures – there was no comparison to these two. He just had to touch them so he cupped both at once and felt their heaviness. He wanted to bury his face between them and just die..........

He looked into her eyes and saw the lust that matched his and he leaned down and kissed her tenderly as he held her breasts in his hands. She put her arms around his neck and pulled him closer as their kiss deepened. He moved his hands around her back and felt her rock-hard nipples rub against his chest. He listened to hear her shallow breathing. He wanted to be sure that she was as excited as he and wanted this as much as he did. Her gasping for breath gave him one sign and her trembling body only reinforced what he hoped for.

As her head fell backward, he kissed down her neck and down between her breasts and underneath the curve of her breasts and finally just lightly kissed one nipple and then the other. She arched her back to give him better access, wanting him to do more.... Finally, after an eternity it seemed, he licked all around her areola and felt the little bumps as her nipples began to tighten into little hard nubs of flesh. She was having trouble breathing and she wanted him to do more but he was teasing her unmercifully. As tender and caring as he was, it was sweet torture because he was very slowly bringing her to the edge and then backing off.

At last, he took her nipple in his mouth and very gently sucked. She turned so that he could have the easiest access and she held his head to her breast not wanting him to stop. Every time he would lick or suck, little jolts of electricity would go directly to her clit. She was wet before, just anticipating their date but now, she was soaking wet. Jonathan knew exactly how to find each and every erogenous spot and he was proving how skilled he was at love making even though it had been years since he had even held a woman in his arms.

He wanted to hold her forever and feel her warmth and softness. He realized now how much he had missed the closeness of someone to hold but she was more than he could have wished for. She was fun and had a great sense of humor and then that body – that body that he couldn't get enough of. He had realized that she wasn't too happy with her body but to him, it was perfect. He never liked the skinny model types. He liked women with "meat on their bones" who were soft and not boney.

He loved watching her as he slowly drove her crazy with his actions. He loved knowing that he had this kind of effect on her and just seeing the pleasure and lust on her face made him that much harder. He continued to suck her nipple as he manipulated the other one and then switched. She gasped at the sensations that he was creating. Tears of joy rolled down her cheeks. When he saw her tears, he stopped because he thought that he had hurt her.

When he asked what was wrong, she just moaned deep within her soul. He just smiled and kissed down her stomach to her belly button and stuck his tongue in and she yelped because it tickled. He continued to kiss down her round belly. Some men like clean shaven women but he was not one of them. He liked to run his fingers through the soft hair and then separate her legs and kiss her lips and run his tongue down the full length of her pussy. When he did that, she nearly jumped off the bed.

12