All Comments on 'Another Love Pt. 01'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 211 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What happened to you?

You used to be someone I enjoyed reading. You're going off the cliff in a hurry.

CreeperclawCreeperclawover 7 years ago
I feel like I want to puke

His wife is a disgusting and horrible woman, to be keeping an affair with another man for so long and pretending as if her husband was okay with it. Just about any man in his situation would be justifiably outraged and seek to confront his cheating wife. Divorce would be the next course of action because there is simply NO REASON for her to have done what she did. The thing that worries me though is that RG isn't going to take that route. I was one of the few who apparently liked the previous story "Becoming Mrs. Pleasure" and hoped that it was a sign that RG was going to take a more fair approach to how his cheating wife characters are treated. Not that I advocate violence against women, I don't. But in most of his tales THE CHEATING BITCHES ALWAYS WIN AND LOSE NOTHING!!!

That's what I fear is going to happen here. It's going to either be a RAAC story where after getting mad for a while and possibly leaving, someone maybe a friend or even the children who knew about it all will guilt him back into their marriage. Or he just ends up alone and miserable without her and she never lacks for company.

I'm giving this story a 1 star because of the bad taste it left in my mouth, no woman who truly loves her husband would carry on like this behind his back for so long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Don't bother with part two.

If it's no better than this I won't be reading. "she wore a please and prideful smile." Just one example of a rush to post. I agree with the previous two. You used to write good stuff. Now you're just weird and bad.

cohibaIVcohibaIVover 7 years ago
Looking forward to the rest

Enjoyed this first section, just wish it was longer. You are of the better writers currently producing in the murky LW waters, and I want to see where it goes. Really enjoyed your last story, and I am aware this one will be different. Yeah, a couple errors here and there, but that happens. Keep up the good work. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Usually love your stories, but so far not this. and there was really non reason to break it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It's time for Lit to stop letting Anony post

Anony, You are on a crusade to denigrate any author who may challenge your position here, probably a jealous author(ess)

Qhml1 submitted a story recently where you called them jezzaz using the same comments

Are you trying to get into the hall of fame by one bombing others willing to take the time to offer their ideas while submitting secret praise for your own?

This story is short but shows promise

Not another formulaic rendition like thousands of other posts with overused phrases and ideas

I have great hope for the rest

hansbwlhansbwlover 7 years ago
OCH!

I don't know where the writer is to take this one. But if it had been me I would immediately send the painting to one of the large auction houses and have it listed with models name with the provenance information.

0zed0zedover 7 years ago
So Far So Good

Sure hope it doesn't turn out to be some kind of Wimpy RAAC shit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
it is time for lit to stop

letting no answer post you go to stbrn348 and all you find is no answer and then they whine about other comments enough is enough they are ruining lit. About the story i enjoy it.

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
wondering which way this story will go

Great opening chapter... it will be interesting to find Karen's spin on this.

5* ...... hope the next part is as worthy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Interesting so far

Will score when the rest is submitted. A spouse betraying a partner who is overseas in service of their country, should be charged with treason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I enjoyed your writing. I gave it 5*s and am awaiting the next chapter.

BriteaseBriteaseover 7 years ago
Great start

bating with waited breath as it were ????

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WTF

Should have put his foot through the damned whore painting

DevotedWifeDevotedWifeover 7 years ago
Great Start *****

I agree with Creeperclaw about the last story, upon which I neglected to comment, but rated a "5". I enjoy psychological dramas, and that was certainly out of the ordinary and one of the best.

While a man finding out his wife had an extended affair long ago is not uncommon here, what is not is a woman moving another man into her home to live with her young sons while her unknowing husband is away at war. Creeperclaw is anticipating that it will end as a number of RG's stories have, with the wife not suffering nearly enough for the trauma she has caused her husband and family.

I am concerned about that, too, but I will continue reading because I am interested in how his relationships with his sons have been damaged by the length of time spent with the Phillipe and his family, although I am not even sure the younger son is his. It is one thing to have an affair, which most people try to keep secret; it is another thing entirely to live a double life with your affair partner in front of your children. Who knows? It is possible that the betrayed man's familial relations will flip-flop, with him distancing himself from his wife while finding some common ground with one or both sons.

So...Citone's is gone. While I spent many hours there as a university student, a superior Italian restaurant called Bella Napoli was destroyed to make way for the state's complex of buildings described here.

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Set Up

Okay, you created a shit load of tension. The payoff better be worth it.

WriteMyDayWriteMyDayover 7 years ago
How could it be all his fault?

You will have to wait for Richard to explain it to you. It really is all his fault, just wait and see.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
20 years long affair

tells us that hubby is a moron, so I already dislike this. -5*

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
Intriguing

Where to from here will be interesting.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great start

the core of this presentation is top drawer. The question at the forefront how did the wife cover her affair. This is a basic query for many of husbands... thank you for the start of this one.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 7 years ago
good start

and he better take some revenge. this is huge betrayel

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Please...

Please don't keep me waiting for the next part. Loved it!!!!!!.

RichardGerald...you are the best

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow, excellent 5* Well written as always.

Breathtaking betrayal. His wife obviously a compartmentalised cake-eater of the cruelest kind.

Fascinating to see how this will develop and how she will justify such treachery and disrespect and how he will react.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
OK...

This wasn't bad, and if you had finished it I would have read it, but since there is no BTB I don't see how you can make it end well for me.

Thanks

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
ANOTHER....THE ULTIMATE LEAD IN & ON

giving the opening for a long tale of woe. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Solid start

Looking forward to the rest. The painting better not survive the tale. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
its not just the wife

What about the neighbors? A man living in a house for several months would have been noticed. Some of those neighbors need a smacking

Sidney43Sidney43over 7 years ago

I think we begin to see why his son's are somewhat distant from him. Truly he has nothing left and time to move on. On the other hand how would Avril not be aware that he did not know about his wife's other life?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wow

I feel for hubby on his discovery. Karen had a good gig going but he is in a tailspin right now. Can't believe she was able to get away with it for this long. Well written and can't wait to see where you take us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
He will...

The author will wimp out the husband and ruin the story. I'm sorry but sometimes burning the bitch/bastard is needed and warranted.

But from the looks of it the bitch will land on her feet just fine with no regrets justifying each and every betrayal saying it was all his fault. "You left me alone with two kids to raise all by myself! What did you expect? I needed someone to love me. I deserved it. You never knew so it didn't hurt you. You never lacked for sex when you were home! I did nothing wrong!"

Please author, give one of your victims some balls!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
While he was at War

My hands are still shaking with rage after reading this.

While he was at war she was betraying him in the worst way.

His sons were there and obviously have been complicit their whole lives keeping her secret. They all need to go down in flames. Betraying a man in a war zone is a most unforgivable sin. Please RG do right by him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Looking forward to more.

Waiting for the next chapter and actually looking forward to it. I agree that the betrayal while the husband is in a war zone compounded with over 20 years of deceit is unforgivable. I know you don't want to BTB....but I can not see reconciliation after this first chapter............EVER.

This story has really struck a nerve.

By the way, I have enjoyed your stories and looking forward to more.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 7 years ago
Predictable boring shit. I mean consider the Author

I mean don't get me wrong. This story is very well crafted as all of this particular authors stories are. But this particular often is a huge RAAC type them at a look the offenses are how Outrageous the wife's behavior is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'm going to be VERY interested in just ..

HOW this can be anything other then a BTB ?

Looking forward to you digging yourself out of this one ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Popcorn @ the Ready

waiting for the inevitable, RAAC'ers whine about how BTB's just want to see women hurt blah blah blah etc, always nice to see those dramas in comments. Story wise I want to see how they'll inevitably get back together cause husband cant move on from adulterous wife etc etc or something like that

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 7 years ago
one other point - about the grown up kids - wife DESTROYED that as well

And this storyis Soooooo predictable because it's obvious from this point in the story WHY he Adult kids have drifted away from the hsuband/father. They have known about the other man for years --- they were clearly told by the wife that husband was OK with it.. And they lost respect for him.

Not only has the cunt whore wife destroy the marriage by engaging a massive betrayal l during wartime but she undermined and destroy his relationship for years with his own kids.

Of course this KEY point will NEVER be rasied in the upcoming chapters

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Finish the dam story

Im torn on which score to give you . What I read was excellent however its is not a complete tale. Okay # 5 but please consider finishing

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What A Fucking Cunt

As a Veteran who went through something similar RAAC is not in the cards. Veterans if nothing else value loyalty and despise betrayal above all. If you can't burn the bitch as she deserves then at least break with your usual MO and avoid RAAC. Lest you think I support a double standard I feel the same about male adulterers as I do female. They have no redeeming value and should be put down to keep from spreading their cancer, if not actually then socially. What makes this betrayal that much painful is it was ongoing and included her sons. I guess he now knows why his sons are awkward around him and it's not an empty nest that has her despondent but the death of her long time lover. BTB is not about violence to women it's about recompense for the betrayal and loyalty of the faithful spouse...Although a flaming car crash or scorched earth scenario would suit me just fine.

As always you got me hooked an I look forward to the next installment. I gave it 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
She Stole His Life

This is a well written story. I am looking forward to the next chapter. Why I captioned my remarks with "She Stole His Life" is that she selfishly took the excitement and pleasure of a long term affair at the price of the relationship he could have had with his children and the price of the relationship he thought he had with his wife. Stole his life from him, something he can never get back. Something she can never give him back.

cap5356cap5356over 7 years ago
shocker of a story

what a way to find out that your wife had a affair when u were servicing your country and then also to find out that your sons knew she was with this other guy. im sure she told them not to say to much about the other family. and now to think just what is she up to now when u find this out. is she with another lover on vacation? hope for the next chapter soon keep writing

EddboyEddboyover 7 years ago
dumb ass anon

it clearly says ch 1 and if thats not enough it ends with next part same place..... great read as usual

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Or...

Our author will have the wife knowing he had been cheating on her when he went away so if he could do it, why can't I?

elHosedelHosedover 7 years ago
I am so sick of these "cultured" characters...

... Does no one actually value self-discipline in "privileged" society?

Even worse is when the cliche and trite BS starts like "Fragile Male Ego". I swear our society has lost the ability to actually rationally think when they make asinine statements like this, but I digress.

As for the story, it's well written mechanically, but I'm going to have to avoid any more chapters. This setup reminds me too much of "On The Lam". There was only one character remotely worth reading about in that tale and he was a completely broken wimp.

I'll get no enjoyment reading about these particular characters and the train-wreck they've created of their lives either.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
Nice

The first part was lit. Good job so far. Not sure why you broke it here, but I'm sure you have the master plan. I liked what you've posted so far. Looking for part 2. Five stars for the build up. Thanks, Randi.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Heart pounding!

Holy shit you have me going with this one!

All I can say is fuck Karen! Oh my god! What a whoreifick bitch in every sense of the word!

I'm so pissed for the husband I could imagine killing!

Pretty outrageous and of course I am chomping at the fucking bit to see how this nightmare plays out!

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Really great day in LW land.

Wow , RichardGeard , BlackRandl1958 , Qhml1 , Carnilla , and Todd172 brought strong stories to the plate today , I feel like the poor farmer when the rains come at the very last instant to save the crops ! It has been a real drought lately here in LW world.

RG , very interesting first chapter .

I myself was on the flightdeck of a Carrier during Desert Storm , and it is one of the most stressful places one can be , granted your not getting shot at or IED's popping off like fireworks , but it is one of the most dangerous work places in the world.

As others have noted , her screwing around on him while at sea during wartime is basically an unforgivable sin in my book. He simply got his "Dear John" letter in the form of a painting and 26 years late.

I'm looking forward to see how you handle this one. Personally , I'm rooting for the protag to be more like the ones from Jail Breaking or The Bridge, but we will see.

5 *'s

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
A Lovely Man and Conscientious Husband , Decent Father, Sterling Provider, But He's a Bit of a Twit

I love the writing, first and foremost. The author is in his usual slamdunk five star form. Did this man deserve to be cucked ? He did. The part that ' got me ' was how he confessed that he wasn't at ease with his sons as adults. To me , that's inconceivable. If you are emotionally three dimensional - your kids are an offshoot, an extension of your very self blended with your wife .

The narrator has boundaries and is stiff with his own adult kids . That inability to relate and flow must be part and parcel of what he terms his wife's " empty nest syndrome ". To me, the solution is obvious. The long lapsed affair was discreet and never raised the slightest ripple on his consciousness. Their children have been jointly raised to the status of self sufficient and productive adults. He still cherishes his wife and admits she completes him.

Put the painting in storage. Let time pass and recover from the shock. Forgive her if you can . Divorce her if you can't. Maybe someday you hang the painting when the emotional scar has healed. Probably not though. Regardless of the outcome- things have changed and I can't wait to see where Richard Gerald takes his latest literary brainchild that is as irksome, as it is intriguing.

Full marks ( with nary a doubt ) * * * * *

imhaplessimhaplessover 7 years ago
Wow -- this is way harsh

I've seen some slimy (fictional) things "loving wives" have done on this site but a live in boyfriend with two little kids (which makes it 1000 times worse) while your husband is fighting for his country? WOW! Please do not disappoint, and burn her (I gave a 5 in anticipation of that).

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Only one solution here

To a military man, honor and loyalty is everything! This ultimate betrayal of a military man while on deployment in a war zone on foreign soil can have no explanation and is inexcusable. And to include his 2 sons in the "goings on" just makes it even worse.

I would immediately find a new place to live, as I couldn't spend another hour that house. One of the many locations of her "infidelities". It is said that a picture paints a thousand words, with everything that was involved here; this one probably represents "War and Peace" to him. I would take with me whatever I wanted (including as many of the assets as I could lay hands on) and just disappear. With his length of time in the military, he knows of people and places that he could go and not be found unless he wanted to be.

To those who think that he should wait for a confrontation or an explanation from her, NOTHING can excuse these actions or deeds away. The description of how he almost lost his life on the plane drove that point home for me (While possibly at the same time "Phillipe" was driving it home on his WHORE of a wife).

No, I would leave the painting so it would be the first thing she would see when she returned along with a note. Yes a brief note, something along the lines of " A perfect capture of a WHORE in her youth and glory. A fond remembrance of your "time" with PHILLIPE. Yes, I know about it; maybe not everything, but enough that I am done with you and your lying/cheating ass. I'll not waste another day of my life on you, I'm just HATE that I've wasted so many already." Along with that I would leave the divorce papers, filed under infidelity.

This is my opinion after reading the first chapter, it might change some as the story continues. But, I just don't see anyway back from this, he couldn't have any confidence that he ever trust her again.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Don't ask, don't tell, don't even wonder about the nature of the female beast

Many , many young and feckless males imagine that they have the right stuff to leave their avid and passionate mates for up to a year and the pent up passion can be banked like a 401k to be redeemed with interest upon completion of the annum. As a former member of the military and customer of Newport News nightclubs, not to mention fan of National Geographic specials, nature often doesn't work that way.

Gone a year in service of God and Country ? Now you're back and it's all good in the connubial hood and it's like you never left ? Wonderful. You are one of the fortune ones. Don't question good fortune. Just don't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Giant plot holes

How does a woman who was a 24 year old virgin begin an affair with an old artist in her first year of marriage. Your characters have been married for 26 years. How was his son able to talk about Christmas with her lover's family when he couldn't have been more than a year old? He was deployed in 1990. How could the husband have been so unaware of this long term affair. Introducing her lover's family to his sons would have naturally had someone mention something over time. Your story is filled with extraneous detail but neglects to tell us how old his sons are. There is not one story that would indicate that he had any kind of relationship with his boys. Are they his boys?

Until you introduced the information about her lover, I go a weird feeling that you were going to have Karen have some type of inappropriate relationship with her sons. The husband gives me the same vibe as your main character in the Bridge. A worker drone who has no passion for anything but work. Can't wait till you have him accept how this was all his fault. How did she attend the funeral without his knowledge? Husband worked for a university, other than his deployment in 1990-91, how could she have maintained this relationship while he was around?

reasonable man

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
As usual, great setup drawing the emotions right out of the reader.

You can measure the depth of emotion by Imhapless' comment, and she's the one who's latest story has the protagonist leaving his wife of 20+ years for the sheer thrill of sexual compatibility, again with children involved although they are older. I eagerly await the next chapter, regardless of how the story eventually resolves itself, as I'm enthralled by your prose in this one.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

"but mature enough to understand each other's needs," - I am sick of this attitude that wanting an open marriage is somehow mature! It is IMMATURE, the refusal to give up your toys to dedicate yourself to the one you love.

No wonder his sons are distant - they know he was a cuckold, maybe they thought or were told that he was a willing one!

I would have slashed the painting!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@hansbwl

What a great idea! And make sure all her friends and colleagues get an invitation to the auction!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
BTB?

I know Richard said that there is no BTB, and while I would prefer BTB, I can accept no BTB as long as there is ZERO reconciliation.

I would definitely post copies of the painting anywhere he could, and Email them to her colleagues. Then either follow hansbwl's idea to send it to an auction house or slash it after spray-painting "Whore" and/or "Slut" on it. Then walk away forever.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
Oh. 5* but this is a heart breaker of a story

He will learn much that was previously hidden from him.

I await the next parts with great anticipation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very emotional read.

Some of the background felt like filler, but I still enjoyed this. Unfortunately, we can look to history to see a horrifically bad and unbelievable RAAC at the end of this ride. I hope that I'm wrong, because betrayal this deep and ongoing would destroy any marriage. She moved the guy in with their young children? No wonder they now have awkward relationships with their father. What a pathetic excuse for a wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

If he takes her back after this, he is a cuck and so is the author. The kids probably are not his.

I hope I am wrong.

So far a very good 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"there is no BTB here"

Are you fucking kidding me? Then I don't want to read the rest of this shit, because she doesn't deserve anything other than BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Phillipe was the father figure

The role model.

Make sense that the kids do no like the father, what to like on a cuckold?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No wonder he and he sons don't get along

Maybe they preferred Philippe and wanted him instead of their own father. Maybe they just lost respect that, from a twisted POV, he should have know but didn't or did and didn't care, either of which would cause them to think less of him. One of these MUST be so or there was no reason to include the estrangements. Plot points such as the estrangement occur only because you put them there. Either there was a point or you were lazy. Neither option is good.

<P>

No matter what you may try to do, no matter what you may force, she cannot possibly use the argument that it didn't affect their marriage, that her affair took nothing away from him. He lost the relationship with his sons. He in essence lost his family.

<P>

Not BTB!? Though she may be one of the most deserving characters of BTB, fine, but any reconciliation given what she was doing would be a lie and phony.

javmor79javmor79over 7 years ago
Excellent start

Can't wait to see where this goes. I read some of the comments and saw how much emotion was stirred up and had to read it. So glad I did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This is not bad...

... and I am surprised to read commenters that mark the story down because they don't like where it is going. Even if you don't like one or several of the characters, surely that has nothing to do with the quality of the writing? And typos are just that - typos. This is an amateur site, and authors do not have a staff of paid editors to check their submissions.

This "is" well written.

And the subject matter is intriguing as well. Can a man get past a betrayal like this? Is it reason enough for throwing away a long marriage? For the knuckle-dragging BTB crowd the solution is of course always easy, but if the writer takes a more realistic approach the situation is not that simple, and can be the basis of some serious drama. I will follow the story with interest.

dirksterdirksterover 7 years ago
Well damn.

Well written, as usual. This is a great first chapter, but the opening comment about the lack of BTB has me concerned. There are degrees of BTB, and for the life of me I can't see finishing this without going to one of them unless Robert is a complete wimp. RG's past writings don't lend much credence to that story line, but it is, after all, completely up to him. I'm not seeing that so far, so I hope to be reading a creative ending that doesn't include the complete loss of Robert's integrity. I'm very much looking forward to the next installment of this story!

icebreadicebreadover 7 years ago
Bitch.

Now it starts.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years ago
This story is set up very well.

It makes the reader madder than hell. That's a start, but starts are the easiest part of a story. (I'm still angry!) It reminds me of a story posted a few years ago about a man that learns his wife slept with her boss after the boss' wife died. The lover sent videos to her home after he died and the husband saw them. Everything he had believed about his marriage was destroyed. He was now older and it was difficult to start over. The wife truly shit all over him. In this story, the wife will explain her reasoning, but I cannot imagine any circumstance that will allow him to forgive her. What she did was extremely cold and calculating. Readers will not like anything but a nuclear response on this one. Let's see what you offer us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Will see where it goes

But he should have destroyed the painting on the spot, then visit a divorce lawyer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I don't read the comments of others

You've really cocked the hammer on this one. Many questions have raised, others are subtle but implicit. I know what I would have done based solely on what you've given us to this point. But then I'm not your protagonist. Eagerly awaiting the rest. We have been in such a drought of good fiction this summer. Thanks for getting us out of the damned doldrums.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
@ harddaysknight

That story was Revelations by Alex_Lover. And he pulled a JPB ending on it ! I'm still pissed. I think Carvohi (?) or someone tried to pick it up , and then they left it dangling also ! Grrrr.

Maybe you could give it a go ???

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
You said

This story more closely reflects that of yourself regarding sex and fidelity.

But whose views? That of Avril...or the protagonist?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hmm

Too bad that Phillipe is dead. No direct revenge available there. Take a picture of the painting and send it to his wife and two sons. Use the caption, " Portrait of a Whore". Afterwards, he can use red spray paint and write Whore over the painting and ship it to MOMA in New York so they can include it as an example of Phillipe's work.

Boyd Percy

P.S. I gave it a score of 5 since it was very well written.

nickbgbnickbgbover 7 years ago
I don't see a second chance as realisitic.

Even if RG's preference isn't for BTB, the very idea of a RAAC in this case would seem to be totally implausible. The betrayal here is just so...brazen, so far reaching as to be a bar against close relations in the future. Heck, a string of one night stands would be more forgiveable than this all-encompassing emotional affair.

How can she claim to love her husband when she treated him with such contempt? The relationship he had with his kids was a complete fiction, not to mention all of the others who must've known (friends, neighbours, relatives e.t.c.). The foundations of the home he thought he had, the basis of his self respect, it has turned to dust in an instant.

Robert ought to shatter the illusion that has been their existence these past 20 years. Leave Karen with the painting and his wedding ring, move on.

The premise here is almost too painful to read but you've written it very well. Thanks.

I do hope that you allow other authors to try their hand at a more BTB version if they are so inclined.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
you are an asshole

this is literotica, go to some novel page where drama is needed, this is shit and not erotic

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
hmmmmm

You say it's not a BTB story but i just hope you don't turn the husband into some sort of wimp in the end, where the wife justifies loving two men.At least give hime some self respect.........

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 7 years ago
A good start . . .

. . . with a lot of potential as to direction and outcome. Will Karen meet a Philippe replacement while on the west coast? Will their marriage survive this discovery? Does Karen possibly have someone waiting in the wings back home already? Possibilities. I'll look for chapter two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well....

Well RB this is a good start of an interesting story. I can see several ways that it could go. Of course you already know how it ends. Waiting for part 2 to post.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 7 years ago
Good start but . . .

Have not read all the comments and perhaps some other reader(s) commented similarly. A bit inaccurate regarding the F-14 Tomcat. It has two jet engines, not one. Highly unlikely for both to flame out at the same time. Very enjoyable so far.

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
So, I see it going towards her not understanding how

something like this could cause him pain. She needed the other guy, right. He completed her as no husband could. Right? The kids aren't hubby's. Right? They know it and that is the lack of respect because she probably will have told them that he knew and approved. She probably has lovers in both places where the son's live. I'll read to see where it goes with the hope that you will let him have some of his manhood when he confronts her and maybe let him get some retribution even if it's just leaving her.

The story itself is an easy read. You are really talented but I am really not seeing this going in a good direction. But regardless, thank you for sharing your talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story

Couple things f14 has two engines. Also cannot think of scenario where he would be riding in it.

Maintenance to engines is done below for obvious reasons. He would be far away from danger on deck. Not completely safe, but much better than on deck.

Love that he is going to leave after learning this. Why would he stay? Issue with youngest son prob have to do with this.

onbothsidesonbothsidesover 7 years ago
Sure to be RAAC in the end, though

Looking forward to the next installment because she won't be using two of the usual arguments. First that it is his fault because he left her alone and lonely with two children while he got to go to war (the affair had started 3 years prior). And second, that the affair had cost him nothing, nothing at all; "did you ever notice any difference in my love for you?" This won't fly because her affair seems to have cost him his children. (I wonder if the kids act the way that they do because they prefer Philippe or because they just feel uncomfortable around a man who they can't respect?)

leviayersleviayersover 7 years ago

enjoyed your story thanks 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Damn

I don't see how any marriage could survive this kind of deceit. How devastating it would be to find out that your marriage was a total lie. To find out your loving, honest, faithful wife, was really a lying, cheating, sleazy, back-stabbing whore, probably for your entire marriage, is really a deal breaker. Are the boy's even his? I see the wife coming home to find him gone, with a pile of smoldering ash in the backyard, of what's left of the picture and their bed, and their marriage. The husband would also have to believe that the two boy's had to know, and didn't tell him. I could see the husband telling them all to go to hell, and move across the country, and never talk to them again. But what i'd like see, is the husband seeing that the bitch has a fatal mishap, and make it look like an accident. Collect the insurance, and take a little trip to Canada, and make the little French whore just disappear too. Then just move to some far away place and start over, since the boy's can't be trusted even if they are his son's.

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Bang up start!

But we all know that setting the scene, putting the dramtic tension in play, is really the easiest part of writing a tale-looking fwd to your continuation, although I am skeptical as to what good reason she will have for engaging on the long term affair. Your history is that there will be a reason, and one that he can rationalize and live with-good luck!

castlekingside28castlekingside28over 7 years ago
Great Start!

Great build up. I hope in the next chapter Karen has lots of hot sex memories of Phillipe for the husband to chew on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
NO BTB?

Shit gets worse and worse. The children know. The bitch lied for 25 years. NO BTB? Seriously? I quit at chapter 2. And there was no need to divide this crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

This will end bad (if you are not a cuck). Stop here.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Damn

Fucking cheating cunt whore. The kids knew. It never came up. Fucking slag twat. Let's see what the betrayed husband does.

no rating

payenbrantpayenbrantover 7 years ago
I wish....

...I wish I could say something mean, or vilify someone. That is not possible at this point in time. Obviously you are writing this as a pseudo love story of sorts. Probably a kind that will devolve into swinging or the like. I am writing this to let you know that I actually WILL leave a comment, but on the last part of the story, when it is done.

What I can say with the writing so far is a good build up with back story to get us emotionally involved with the characters. Definitely flawed character! Lol that much is obvious. It also is a bit of a blow to the "open" mindset of certain individuals. I also feel sorry for our hero of the story. No man enjoys finding out that your wife has become a swinger, unless she had your permission.

"Well, if you just HAVE to dance...be prepared to pay the piper when the song is over!"

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Hellava start

I'm looking forward to reading this as it develops as you've set one fine backstory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Writer

Well you are obviously a great writer. Your story and character development thus far has made the characters seem real and you have pushed a lot of reader's buttons. Hoping he doesn't hurt her but I sure wish she would feel the pain and humiliation she has heaped upon our male protagonist, but looking forward to see how it all sorts out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
hmm

are the boys his?

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 7 years ago
Wow!

Talk about building up to a train wreck!

When I learned his two sons were estranged from him, I felt sorry for him, that's almost as bad as a wife's adultery, or worse. Nothing said about his relationship with the kids growing up, seems a key part of the story. You're a superb writer, so I'm with you however it goes on from here.

Chilley

Blacksword404Blacksword404over 7 years ago
Yeah.

The French are kind of casual about that kind of thing. Affairs are kind of expected.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I feel him , if I found out that 20 years ago my wife had an affair I would also divorce her. While she's away I'd withdraw all my money pack my stuff and move out leaving only her stuff and a chair with the picture on it facing the door to see when she came back. I'd talk to her as if nothing happened on the phone until all ducks were in a row. Let her be shocked like me. Good fun story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Please, Understand. This Is Well Written

But since I have lived the life of the betrayed husband, I am surprised at the raging anger I feel. I wonder why I did not kill them both when I found out. But, instead, I walked away; and they parted almost immediately. You see, there was never any love between them. I was the intended object of betrayal. She got off on going behind my back for sex. He got off on taking sex from a woman that was intended for me. He had her cut back on the amount of sex and frequency between us until he was her chief lover, not me. Thus he felt his true power over me. Once I was out of the picture, she held no further interest for him. He had destroyed another man's marriage. Mission completed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
For this chapter, 5 stars

I have read the entire story, and have decided that each chapter needs to be rated on their own merits.

In this chapter, you have created a strong protagonist and setup the finding out of the infidelity in a unique and interesting way.

As usual, your writing is superb and draws the reader in right from the outset,

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

Very glad to see you continuing the storyline.

impo_61impo_61over 7 years ago
Where will this story go?

Where will this story go? Very well written the drama unfolding at a good pace, but I have to agree with a lot of comments, one of them exactly what I think...From @imhapless: "a live in boyfriend with two little kids (which makes it 1000 times worse) while your husband is fighting for his country? WOW! Please do not disappoint, and burn her..."!! That's why I just rate it 3* waiting for what's coming...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous