All Comments on 'Another Part of the Trip'

by Sweeter

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Always Grateful

I just read this tonight from a woman in her 70s who still thinks about a man from her 20s. She gave advice to someone who is waiting for the day she stops thinking of her love: “You’re asking the wrong question. It’s not about getting over and letting go.”

“It’s about honoring what happened,” she said. “You met a person who awoke something in you. A fire ignited. The work is to be grateful. Grateful every day that someone crossed your path and left a mark on you."

xxoo yours

SweeterSweeteralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Absolutely

I am so incredibly grateful. There is a place in my heart that has not stopped smiling. In my worst moments it is smiling. I have all the "I wish" moments that won't happen but the smile is shining through.

I think I understand why men were so scared of witches. I feel like she used magic on me because I can not control myself when I think about how wonderful she was (and I hope still is).

There are no words...

Tangled up in blue - on my bad days

Touch of grey - on my funny days

Sweeter - on my good day

Did you get to hear it live?

Xoxo always

BeautifulMess0506BeautifulMess0506almost 7 years ago
You bet!

Sang my heart out for both of us - mostly smiles, a few tears, a lot of booty-shaking. Just happened to be wearing the shirt to bed tonight...and loved your comment. My life looks v v different than before but I am smiling more now. I am sure you will see it again someday.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous