All Comments on 'Another Time, Another Place'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

Excellent story. Very good charcter development and build up. You may want to think about a follow up. The characters are to interesting to end it here

orefinnorefinnover 6 years ago
Great story!

Your characters are totally realistic and believable. I quickly began to think I knew them. Each developed so naturally that the story flowed like a stream. It is wonderful to have such character development on this site. So many writers want to tell the reader about the people in their story. You have let the reader form their own views opinions and visions of Craig, Kay and Estelle from what they do and say.

I love stories involving mature women and you have created a couple of very classy and desirable women in your tale. Your description of Craig and Kay’s lovemaking was well crafted; sensual and stimulating to the point that the reader appreciates her lingerie as well as the body it enhances!

You, like JackieO, are both talented in creating your mature characters and crafting your tales. Thank you for sharing your considerable abilities! Orefinn

corrytonmancorrytonmanover 6 years ago
Better and better

Every story of yours that I read is better than the last, and the first one was excellent! I am truly impressed.

jsmangisjsmangisover 6 years ago
Best Office Romance Story I've Ever Read!

Ann, you continue to outdo yourself. I loved this story, and you continue to up the ante for everyone who submits stories to this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
second chapter pls.

Excellent story, well developing characters. We must know Kay's lunch walk decision and what the future holds for Craig and Kay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Chapter two?

This young man definitely needs to land this older woman permanently. Just as in stories by one my favorite authors , Komrad1156. Johnny usa

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Endorsement

I endorse the other comments, particularly the comparison with the excellent Konrad1156. Very well done ......Paddy77

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
minor quibble - a misnomer

Sandy becomes Sally, poolside.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017over 6 years ago
This has potential for more

Thank you for your efforts, a wonderful story, which I as a reader greatly enjoyed. From my point of view a story that has great potential for more, to a very happy ending, for all parties. How ever it is also able to stand alone at this point as well.

Wishing the best of the holiday season to you and yours.

NorthPacific

swfb70swfb70over 6 years ago
great story is there

a 3some in their future

Richie4110Richie4110over 6 years ago
Great story, well written

An easy decision for 5 stars because characters, plot, and story line is so compelling. I, like other who read this, will want more of the rest of this story. If no sequel is forthcoming I’ll still feel totally fulfilled with what you’ve given us.

Thanks for sharing your considerable talent and looking forward to more.

OldBikeGuyOldBikeGuyover 6 years ago

This would make for a really good multiple chapter story. The characters and storylines are interesting and I believe you are a good enough writer to pull it off.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 6 years ago
Good start.

As has been said, this is perfect for further chapters.

Please continue with this story.

Thanks

auwingerauwingerover 6 years ago
Wonderful ...

... as usual! An easy 5 stars for a terrific story that could spawn more chapters, easily. Love your style, Ann. Hope your Christmas was a good one!!

Sex4lf57Sex4lf57over 6 years ago

Loved it! Five stars. Add my vote for more chapters as well.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 6 years ago
5 stars

Simply great. Relatable characters. Nice pace. Interesting plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Just wonderful

Thank you for this lovely story.

DrizdartDrizdartabout 6 years ago
Reading through the "top list" ...

and found this story. It obviously deserves attention and properly sits in the top rank of stories on the site.

I do enjoy the reversed scenario of older woman, younger man. This one heats up quickly and leaves a great deal unresolved -- which makes it more believable and oddly, more satisfying, than some who push along to the "and they lived happily ever after" endings so common on the site.

Looking forward to reading through your entire list. Glad I found and enjoyed this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More

Loved the story but think a chapter 2 and 3 would be lovely

BigrimmstalesTooBigrimmstalesTooabout 5 years ago
Absolutely loved reading this one

You are in danger of turning me into an old romantic! I just loved the way this one played out and good to see an older woman with a younger man, and using her mature view on life and sex to mentor in and out of the bedroom. For me the way you structured it and told the story made it one of your best. I did find myself looking for a chapter two but what would that entail? Scandal in the office? Angst over the age difference? Three in the bed with Estelle? A romp in the country with Paul AND Estelle? All possible but equally all predictable story lines. No, it finished in the right place with me, the reader, putting my own second chapter on.

chytownchytownalmost 5 years ago
Just Some Great Storytelling*****

Very entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Interesting twist

Excellent change up of principal players in the story, and made for an interesting twist out of the gate. Also liked the interaction between Estelle and Kay towards the end, with Estelle commenting that she herself would entertain a casual physical relationship with Craig. Would have been nice to have a better understanding of where Kay and Craig were headed relationship wise.. But that is your writing style as you state in your bio, preferring to leave extensions to the reader’s imagination. Thank you and please continue to write more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Looks like another great one.

This is the second of your stories I’ve read and now I’m really hooked. You have a great style and your character development is outstanding. Your slow build to the sex was only outdone by your detailed descriptions. I agree with everyone else - do another chapter.

Microbevel8Microbevel8about 4 years ago

Every young man’s dream to have an older woman think he is handsome and want to make love to him.

AkilaraAkilaraover 3 years ago

This is one of those stories that in the end leave the ending open. Love this, because this is magical. So I can imagine the further course of this love story myself. And I think that will be a nice and satisfying love story, Why?

I think of the young man who admired the older woman as a teenager. Attracted by Kay´s charms and her character. I believe, he'll want to stay with her first. Kay can give Craig what he found in no young girl. A wonderful story.

Warm greetings from Germany.

syntheticfuturesyntheticfutureover 3 years ago

Love the story, but I disagree. My best friend knew I wanted his mom bad and there wasn't any problem with it. LMAO

Mike9947Mike9947over 3 years ago

Absolutely brilliant.

In my view, the better lit authors explore human sexuality; the best explore human sexuality in the context of relationships. You are one of very few who do that very well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You have a splendid story telling talent. Your stories flow easily through events and thoughts and carry along with them a sweet undercurrent of intensity and understanding. They are pure pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing.

roveroneroveronealmost 3 years ago

WOW! Exceptional story...definitely going in my 'Best of...' folder. Hot, and great dialogue, esp that conversation at the end with her roomie....

AND also loved the mention that Kay had a full lush muffin, and that he appreciated it, as well as going down on her...two of my favorite things.

TomorrowTodayTomorrowTodayalmost 3 years ago

Reading this for the third time and it still gives me a delicious shiver. Ann, you're my favorite writer on the site.

Blueman5410Blueman5410over 2 years ago

I am relatively new to this site, but you are fast becoming my favorite. I love the way you weave the story and I could see the dialog moving along those lines...thank you for a very satisfying read.

Hiram325Hiram325about 2 years ago

Loved the reference to Kay Parker. Wow, your stories evoke more memories from me than I'd have thought. Thanks, great writing.

Hiram325Hiram325about 2 years ago

Another winner from Ann Douglas.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I see you have 2583 followers, I wish to make it 2584. You have a real gift of storytelling and making erotic written words feel like reality. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You may claim you're of an ordinary persona, unremarkably ordinary. But you have a extra-ordinary talent, characterized by an exceptional -- indeed, rare -- ability for capturing and conveying in written form the countless complexities of the ordinary lives of not-so-ordinary people. I'm fairly new to this site and the LW section so I make no claim to being a literary critic. But in my limited exposure, I can't recall any other writer that is so masterful at evocative writing. You manage to capture, in appropriate proportions, the emotional, intellectual, physical and, yes, the spiritual dimensions and interplay of your characters. And there's no "one size fits all" shortcuts either.

Many thanks for the time, energy and depth of thought you give to your work. Exceptionally well done!

JoeMo1619JoeMo1619about 1 year ago

I love your art of narrating. Thank you

Reacher84Reacher8412 months ago

Awesome story. Very well written indeed. I'm glad that I'm one of your followers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Loved it! Fourth of your stories today. Beautiful connections. When common sense rules friendships, great sex can happen. Seemed to be an equal sharing of pleasure. Thanks!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...