All Comments on 'April Can Be So Foolish'

by yukonnights

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Finally...

... a convincing way of being told about the love and the fears of trans people.

I only wish that my wife's heart could be softened enough to read this story and be touched by it; she needs that so much in her Christian self-righteousness!

JSF79JSF79about 6 years ago
Awesome

What a beautiful love story! Sensitively written and beautifully told, you have managed to convey the passion and need for understanding that these two people, like many of us, feel.

A fabulous piece of work that genuinely moved me to tears at one point. Wonderfully heart-warming!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
waow

jsf79's comment encapsulates my feelings very well.

a beautiful experience that ive enjoyed being privy to.

love. ill start again. good love is real.

thankyou

top vote!!!

yukonnightsyukonnightsabout 6 years agoAuthor
Thank You

A word to those who shared how much this story touched you; We wrote this hoping it would speak to at least one person who needed to read a story about their experience in life. Everyone deserves a love story! Thank you for taking the time to let us know that we did find an audience, and that this story brightened your day...that alone brightens my day ~ yukonnights

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Truth....

As a trans woman, this story completely captured my experiences and feelings. If I recall correctly, the author is cis-male: you, sir, did a fine job of creating a truthful portrait of transgender women. Too often we become sexual objects or two-dimensional caricatures. You crafted a beautiful story that has aroused every nerve (spiritual, emotional, personal, and especially sexual) within me. I'd go higher than five stars but the site won't allow it. I've never read a more accurate, human, or beautiful portrayal of a trans character. My hat's off to you <3 <3 <3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
love is a many splended thing

If we embrace our humanity, love between two people is a wonderful thing and we all are better for it. Love is good.

KantariiKantariialmost 6 years ago

I really enjoyed reading this love story. 🌹Kant👠👠👠

DianeRedfernDianeRedfernover 5 years ago
One of the Best Well-Written Love Stories Ever Anywhere!

I just read it top to bottom three times. Such a great love story and the sex that finally emerged was soft, slow, and ultimately satisfying. The characters are perfect. I'd love to meet them again. I cried three times and got wet you know where also.

xoxo,

Di

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved it

This was an amazing tale, full of what I can only describe as brilliant, well crafted imagery. I really hope the two of you will collaborate again in the not too distant future!

Most Sincerely,

Rikki B

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

As an unfinished trans-lesbian who lives in Oregon. I have to say thank you so so much. There are far to few stories about the real lives of trans people. Thank you, again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
OMG best romance here

The best romance story and if not then definitely one of the best.

catamitecatamiteover 4 years ago
Best Writing

Yukonnights you have become one of my favorite writers. I am so looking forward to reading more. You have expanded my tastes and knowledge

yukonnightsyukonnightsover 4 years agoAuthor
A Thank You

It's been awhile since I left a thank you note here, so for all of the encouraging words I say; Thank You. I'm humbled by some of these comments, and I assure you it means a lot to hear how these stories both entertain and move you. Your support encourages me to keep writing ~ yukonnights

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Out of character transphobia too easily forgotten

I thought the beginning of this comic was beautifully written, and I was so waiting for April to come out or potentially be discovered accidentally and have Nicky tell her that everything is going to be ok, that she loves her no matter what, and that being trans doesn’t make her less of a woman or less desirable. That she isn’t “unfinished”. I was waiting for them to hug and kiss and allay all each others fears.

But that didn’t happen AT ALL. I’m not saying that every sappy story has to be smiles 100% of the time. But it felt so much that Nicky’s reaction to finding out that her crush was trans, her crush that she hadn’t yet really confessed to, that she had been lusting over for a while, that she bought a necklace for, *whose breasts she just played with!*

It felt so much like that reaction was out of character for her. I honestly didn’t believe it. 2 sentences in I fully understood that April was dreaming, and that these were her worst fears, to be contrasted with how actual adult human beings interact towards people they love - with care and acceptance and patience.

Dude, she didn’t even for a second let April explain herself. She jumped straight to being *offended* at who April was. Calling her nasty things, and immediately being a transphobic bitch.

But despite all her rampant transphobia, she gets redeemed so so soon after. I couldn’t get over this. This is the last place that I thought this otherwise wonderful story would go. 0 stars if I could, sorry :/

yukonnightsyukonnightsover 4 years agoAuthor

Dear Anonymous below; Sorry you didn't find Nicky's reaction meeting your expectations. I'll try to clarify my reasoning; Most readers have grasped that a confirmed lesbian dominant like Nicky would, in fact, be very upset to suddenly find she had been falling in love with a male in transition. Simply because Nicky is part of the larger LGBTQ community, does not equate to her giving much thought to transgender issues. She's into other women. Also, her reaction was one of 'speaking without taking a moment to calm down'...a thing that most often leads to regret. And Nicky did come to regret her behavior after she had time to process and calm down. We all have very different personalities, and you said yourself that you were waiting for April to 'come out of be found out' so Nicky could tell her everything would be alright. But that's not the Nicky in this story — she's incensed at being 'played', all of her trust had been betrayed. Those are legitimate reactions, and more likely to occur than for her to smile and cuddle the person she views as a man in her bathroom. We'd all like to live in a world where your story is the way it always happens, but we don't. That would be a fairy tale I think.

I doubt you'll be back to read my thoughts on your comment. But, I really do appreciate the time, thought and effort you gave to share how the story spoke to you. Every comment helps me going forward ~ yukonnights

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I have to agree with the other anonymous comment. I was enjoying the story up until the point of Nicki's reaction, it completely took me out of it. A trans woman isn't a man just because she hasn't had bottom surgery, and being trans isn't "conning" your partner. Also, April forgave her way too easily. Nicki basically implied she was a man pretending to be a woman so she could trick Nicki into sleeping with her, that's pretty impossible to forgive in my opinion, let alone that quickly.

TaricJonTaricJonalmost 4 years ago
Thank you for directing me to this

yukon,

Really beautiful story. I truly enjoyed reading it. You have a great narrative style.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A very different approach.

Hello, I have read both your stories and really like both of them. I like the way you built up the "scene" for the Grand Finale. I like to write erotic stories myself, but you are at least one og two levels above me.

I called my comment "A very different approach" and by that I mean that I have never read a "plot" like this before. But it works for me.

Where some comments do not like Nicki´s reaction, I think that I kind of understand it - but then again, I´m only a man :-)

I´m looking forward to read stories from your hand again.

K.R. Henning from Denmark

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Figured I’d give my two cents as a trans woman myself.

The story was very well written. It had an authentic interaction between the characters and the dialogue was pretty natural. Some of the others didn’t like how Nicky was transphobic, but as a trans woman it seemed to be the reaction I’d expect unfortunately. So you did a good job authentically in that aspect, as admittedly depressing as it was.

yukonnightsyukonnightsabout 2 years agoAuthor

I just dropped in to read the most recent comment on this story. In reading that one, I read the others again and really appreciate the many comments of conformation that April's lesbian lover's reaction to the shower scene is portrayed in the most believable/logical way. I have always been confused by those reader's responses who thought a lesbian who thought she was in a relationship with a woman would just roll over and accept that her lover had a cock? IMO, that's the unbelievable response. Anyway, a big thank-you to everyone who read and commented. ~ yukonnights

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I agree that it wouldn't necessarily just be accepted, however being that she supposedly knew about trans people before, the transphobia, especially around the "con artist" part, was ignorant at best. I also can believe that April might not have wanted to use her penis, but they way it came across was that Niki didn't think trans women were women unless they have had bottom surgery

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A really great, sensual story. The love between Nicki and April seems so real. Definitely brought the characters to life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useryukonnights@yukonnights
511 Followers
a true romantic who believes; that love is more powerful than hate...that kindness is stronger than cruelty...that sex fueled by true love is better than sex fueled by lust alone...that there is good in all people, it's just hard sometimes to find... edit 12-2013) It's been...