All Comments on 'Arguing with Adults'

by B_Bailey

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Not a bad story, but not (in my view) a great one either. I think you could tighten the writing up some — there were a few places where you seemed to repeat yourself. There were a couple of places where you used a wrong word (a "homonym" that sounded like the correct word but was spelled differently). I encourage you to keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

"My parents would periodically go to see my dad's sister which lived in the Valley."

WHO lived in the valley. Not which. I couldn't finish the first page, long winded, an editor helps to find the errors like the above and also to cut down on the unnecessary, which clearly yours didn't.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Real as life itself

Very good story for my personal tastes. Real as life itself. Perhaps the teaching that Dee gave John may seem immoral, but they were both adults and they both agreed. The final part seemed very sad, although loving.

Since the age difference between the protagonist and me is only 4 years, I understand that the story goes forward in the future until 2026, when John and Monica passed away.

I would have liked to have had a woman who would have taught me as much as Dee did to John, but unfortunately it was not so, and I had to learn myself (well, and my wife with me), which resulted in some delay of a few months in getting the Full satisfaction of her.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 7 years ago
Really Hard to Read

This story was the sixth story in a row that I tried to read and found that the author clearly had English as a second language (or maybe a third). I admire someone who has gone to the trouble to learn English and try to write in a strange language, but that person should recognize that it might take years, or maybe even never, to be able to write like a native English speaker. Reading pigeon English is an utter waste of time in my eyes and those authors should make a point of getting a native English speaker to edit their garbled language. I see from some of the comments that this was a worthwhile story to read, but I don't have the patience to put up with poor usage and mangled grammar so I quit early. Get help! 1*

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 5 years ago
Wooden.

A decent plot, but the writing is stilted. It reads like a catalogue rather than a free-flowing romantic story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous