Arguing with Adults

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You have to understand, I was not and I am not some sports guy. I liked to swim and watch movies and those on Turner Classic Movie channel today are some of the best. Back in the late 1960's and early 1970's there was not cable or satellite or anything like that so we I had to rent the movies or buy them. VCR's and Beta were just coming out so you could at least buy or rent the movie videos. I started a collection of those types of movies. The video players were pretty costly at the time so of course I bought the used movie copies to keep that part of the cost down.

The girls, or ladies, I dated seemed to like the romance stories so I got some of them just to put the girls in the mood. As it turned out, I did not need to do that because of the "gossip grapevine" the girls had kept me in the limelight of many of their stories involving my sexual prowess. With that, I was proud to have been the topic of many such conversations. Throughout my two years at the junior college I attended I was not at a loss of female companionship. There were times I had to beg off because I may have had a previous engagement. I did have to go home to my parent's house on occasion.

While on one of those weekend trips home, Dee was there. I remember thinking, "Be still my aching heart". Even though I was hoping Dee and I would at least try to get together just for old time's sake I also knew it probably would not happen. After all, she had gotten married and she had stressed that fidelity was the most important thing in a marriage. I had been there for about two or maybe three hours and decided it was time to head back to college town.

Dee came over and gave me a hug before I left and whispered in my ear, "How about one more time".

Who was I to argue with an adult?

We met forty five minutes later at "our" place and talked for about ten minutes before we even kissed. During our brief conversation she had told me that she and her new husband were not going to stay together. She caught him trying to put the make on her daughter Monica which was now eighteen or nineteen years old. She threw his butt out of her house and said she was going to divorce him and if he gave her any problems that she would file attempted rape of her daughter against him. The kiss we had, led to more lust and sure enough we coupled for another hour before it was time for us both to leave. Again she left her soiled panties in my car, except this time they were on my steering wheel. I remembered the fragrance she had left the last time and sure enough it was there this time, intoxicating is the best and only way to describe it.

The incident with her husband had happened just the week before and she was still upset. I could see her problem and I did not want to let the situation get to her but I did have to ask her about our relationship. She looked at me sort of surprised like maybe I was going to put an end to it but that was the furthest thing from the truth. I did want to resume our liaisons and I understood that if we did continue it would have to be very discreet.

"Dee I would like, no I would love, to continue where we left off but I did not know how you would feel. Also what would happen if my parents found out about what we were doing? If they knew what you and I started over three years ago, they would not be happy. I do want to do it again but we have to be pretty careful."

I guess I matured a little because I was using my big head instead of my little head this time. Maybe, just maybe, I was becoming sensitive as to what a woman really wants and needs.

"I really do want to continue but we would have to be careful not to let anyone know." I said.

She looked sort of shocked when she told me that.

Even though I was now an adult, but I was barely eighteen at the time it started, it was still immoral. After all she was my mom's best friend. We both agreed we would have to be real careful so we decided together to continue where we left off. We did just that. We continued seeing each other discretely and continued for another two years. To my knowledge we never did get caught and as far as I know, no one ever knew about it. I did continue to learn more things about what women liked and I also passed my learning experiences along to the ladies I was seeing during that time.

Dee and I would see each other about twice a month sometimes more, sometimes less. We even met in a motel room a couple times which she paid for and we spent the nights together. Finally it really was time to stop because I was starting to see someone my age and we were getting serious. All good things come to an end sooner or later. It had been a good learning experience and I would not have wanted to miss that.

Chapter Seven

Charlene and I

I met a young lady after getting a two year degree in computer science. Her name was Charlene. We had gotten serious and Dee and I had broken our relationship off. It was sad that we had to break it off, but as Dee had said, fidelity was the most important thing about any relationship. It really was a matter of time before either one of us would have done something like this anyway. I do have to admit I did love Dee, but just not in the marrying sort of way. She was my "mentor" and I loved her for all the lessons she allowed me to learn.

Charlene was a nice looking, girl next door type of woman. She was five-foot five inches tall, probably one-hundred thirty pounds, brown eyes and brown hair. She had a sweet personality and was fun to be with. We dated for about six, maybe seven months, then eloped.

Now, twenty years later, I had been married for fifteen years now and still used my lessons to my advantage. I stayed faithful to my wife. We had four children, three boys and a girl. All of our kids were our pride and joy. Our kids were into everything imaginable and we were at nearly every event they had. From Pee Wee baseball to Junior High basketball, one of us was always there. There were many times that my mom or dad or Dee or even Monica would also be there. I firmly believe my wife never strayed. We had become friends before we had intimate relations. That is just one of the lessons Dee had taught me. According to Charlene I was the best lover any woman could have. I knew she was not a virgin when we married and that did not bother me. I was not a virgin either. She told me I knew exactly what a woman wanted or needed.

On occasion Dee and I would see each other and it was usually at my parent's house while my family and I were visiting. Even Monica would sometimes be there. Charlene and Monica became good friends. We always just smiled at each other in a knowing way. Even my wife liked her but she could tell there was something more than just a casual acquaintance between Dee and me. My wife did ask me if Dee was the woman that had taught me what I know.

I still have not figured out how she figured that out. I guess that is just something women know. I never lied to my wife and I did not lie this time either. I told her most of what she wanted to know but also explained that I had never been unfaithful to her with anyone from the time she and I started dating exclusively and that I would always be faithful to her. The one thing Dee did tell me that was nonnegotiable in any good relationship was fidelity. It is important in a marriage. A few weeks later my wife took Dee off to the side when we were all there for a family B-B-Q and they talked. I did not know what to expect.

I had seen them hug and really wondered what was up. My wife and I made love the next night, it was an all nighter. We were lying next to each other when she told me what she and Dee discussed.

Charlene then told me "Dee and I talked about everything and I actually thanked her for teaching you everything you know. I was glad she showed you how to appreciate a woman and make love to me."

I was very surprised to hear that she actually thanked Dee for my special lessons and that she (my wife) wanted to know more about what Dee and I had done. So I told her. Apparently I told her what Dee had told her, so our stories did not vary much from each other, so she was not upset or mad or hurt or disappointed with me. I would not lie to her for any reason. She was glad I learned so much because it helped her, my wife, not to stray. I was all she ever needed or wanted as long as we were together.

She told me "I love you with all my heart and that you had better not ever try to teach some young thing what you know."

She said that with a smile. But I knew she was serious and I was not one to push that issue I did promised that as long as she and I were together we would be exclusive to each other as we had for the past fifteen years.

We had many good times together. As a family, we went where we could when we could. As a couple, we were intimate as often as family time would allow. Sometimes when in public, in out of the way places, we would act like two teenagers in love. Charlene was a fun person to be with whether in public or private. We even went parking one night and a police officer almost caught us. He just told us to get a room, but only after we convinced him we were married to each other. We loved each other without limits. She was also a very good and loving mother. As a family, our only arguments were where we would go on vacation. If that is as bad as it ever got, we were all blessed. And I felt very blessed with our relationship as husband and wife and parents of four really great kids.

Two years later my wife was killed in an traffic accident involving a large semi truck. When I found out, I was devastated and could not think straight. I almost passed out at the thought of loosing Charlene. The state police had showed up where I worked at. He explained why he was there to the personnel director. The personnel director had orders in my file to call my next of kin or in case my wife perished before I did, or I perished before her, they were to call my mom. I had known the personnel director for a number of years so she did call my mother first. Mom in turned called Dee and it was Dee that was there when I was informed as to what had transpired.

The personnel director escorted Dee and the trooper back to my work cubicle. When he told me what happened I lost it. I had to be helped to sit down and not fall. I was very weak at the knees. The truck driver had a blow out on his left front steering axle and it forced the truck into oncoming traffic. My wife happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. She was killed instantly. I was devastated. I had four children and now they were without a mom. At the time, the oldest was fourteen and the youngest was only nine. I called my mom and she told me she already knew. That is why she called Dee. Dee lived a lot closer and was actually there while the trooper visited with me and the personnel director. All three had come to my work cubicle but Dee held back to see what my reaction would be. She would be there if I needed her.

Dee did come to the house with me and helped me to tell the children about their mom dying in a traffic accident. She actually drove because I was in no condition to drive. The kids were already home from school so that helped by having them in one place. When my oldest saw me crying and saw that Dee was there, he knew something was wrong. She did help me explain it to them because I could not really hold it together very well. My wife was the love of my life.

At least it was after the funeral that the firm which owned the truck contacted me and discussed the different options available to me. I did tell them my old friend and personal lawyer would have to be there to discuss anything in way of settlements before I would sign anything. They said they said they understood and would be in touch with us sometime next week.

According to the accident report from the highway patrol and the information of the history of the trucking firm, my lawyer could find the trucking firm was not trying to hide anything. The accident report stated the truck hit some piece of metal in the road and it sliced the front left tire causing the instant loss of steering. Both front tires on the truck only had about five thousand miles on them. The accident was not anyone's fault except maybe whoever's vehicle lost the piece of iron. Even though the trucking firm hit my wife, I could not place blame on them because of a piece of scrap metal lying in the road.

A simple settlement of five-hundred thousand dollars was offered and in return I would not attempt to sue the firm. I did know that if I pushed the issue I would probably get a lot more money, but I just wanted to put the incident behind me. My lawyer agreed, after two days of looking over the contract, I signed the settlement papers. The company I worked for had offered group life insurance and had bought it on each yearly enrollment period. I was really focused on my family having enough money in case I died. The policy offered the double indemnity payout of an additional five-hundred thousand dollars in the case of an accidental death. My personal car insurance would pay out the maximum of two-hundred thousand dollars. I would have over one point seven million dollars in the bank. That total was from the death benefits. I would much rather have had my wife with me. She meant more to me than any dollar amount could. Life goes on.

Chapter Eight

Life after Charlene

Dee and I had a long talk after the kids were finally in bed one weekend about a month after it all happened. We talked about my life with Charlene and the kids and how much we would all miss her. I also knew the children would need a woman around to help with anything they were afraid to talk to me about. My parents along with Charlene's mom and with Dee and Monica's help I would have some ladies help me with the kids and their upbringing. It felt good that I had such loving friends and family that were willing to help me. All of those ladies mentioned did help me with the funeral arrangements. I knew they all cared. Those ladies knew exactly what to do and it made my life easier to deal with at that time. I knew life would go on with or without her. I chose to have life go on. I also had four kids to finish raising.

If you really think about it I did have three mothers and a second sister to lean on especially when it came to dealing with my daughter's entry into puberty and the upcoming dating scene. I knew I would need help in that area. While I might know how to please a woman, I did not know the first thing about how to raise a little girl. The boys had been listening to me their whole life. I knew Charlene nurtured the boys but they were becoming men right before our very eyes. But they still needed a woman in their lives that they could depend on to give them the good information they were afraid to ask of me.

After about eight months my oldest son asked me if I thought that I should go out a little bit to relax and start getting on with life.

He said "I know mom would not want you moping around all the time."

Charlene had raised those kids pretty well. They had her sense of empathy and her love for life. They always seemed to put others first but not at the expense of personal loss. They were good kids, all four of them.

"Son" I said "I just don't know if I am really ready. What brought this on?"

"Grandma told me to tell you to get out and meet someone."

"Well OK, your mom and I always told you to never argue with adults so I'll make plans for next weekend. How does that sound?" I asked.

I just wanted to appease my son. He just smiled and went to his room. I did call Dee a couple of days later and asked her if she would be available to have dinner with me next weekend. I really just wanted to talk to her. So I now have a date with an old friend next weekend.

I picked Dee up Friday evening at seven o'clock and we went to eat. We did discuss some personal things and I was not really hoping that I could just get laid that night but if it happened I really do not know if I could refuse the offer. She had other plans that she wanted to discuss with me. Well I at least had some nice company and a good dinner. We left the diner and when I dropped her off at her place and she asked me in. She wanted to talk in a more private setting than a diner.

"John, you know I care a lot for you and I do miss your wife too. But that was just over eight months ago and your mom was right about you needing to move on"

"What? Are the two of you talking about me behind my back? What is it you are really trying to say to me Dee?"

"We all, everyone, and that includes Charlene's mom, want to see you happy again. I know someone that would like to see you and possibly go out with you but she wanted to wait until you were ready to start dating. She does not want you to go with her and become a rebound love. She hopes to make things work because she has liked you for a long time"

Dee went on to say "She has known you and watched your kids grow up so she is not a total stranger. Would you at least think about it and let me know?"

"OK Dee, who is it" I asked.

She looked me in the eye and said only one word "Monica".

I was stunned to say the least.

"We have known each other since our pre-teen years. What brought all this up anyway? Why hasn't she ever told me anything? Besides she has been married two different times and she never looked happy with either one of her marriages. What makes you think she would be happy with me?" I asked.

She did not answer me and it left a silence between us. I knew I had a lot to think about. What would my kids think? I needed some time to digest everything Dee and I talked about. I hugged her and kissed her on the cheek and went home to think. I did tell Dee that I would think about it.

Dee showed up at my house the following Sunday afternoon so we could talk some more. First we had a bite to eat and drink and then went out to the back patio at my house. My children were at my mother in-laws' house for the day so at least we would not be interrupted. Dee told me she wanted to talk about Monica.

She went on to tell me that Monica had been married two different times (I knew that) but was never happy (I knew that also).

Dee said "I just want to know if you might be interested in dating Monica?

I was thinking maybe. We have known each other for what seemed like a lifetime. If Monica grew old like her mom, she would be a real catch. Dee is still a very good looking woman and she was now in her early sixties. I just did not know if I could date a former lover's daughter and I expressed those concerns.

"Dee would you give me some more time to think about it" I said. "I will get back to you."

She left Monica's phone number with me just in case I wanted to talk to her too. Two weeks later I called Monica to come over so we could talk. I made sure my children were at my parent's house for the weekend so we could be alone. When Monica arrived, we hugged and we kissed lightly on the lips and went to the living room to talk.

I got straight to the point.

"Monica, why would you even want to go out with me? We have known each other for more years than either one of us would like to admit. What exactly is it that you want?

Monica then said, "John, I know you know how much I have always liked you. You could always see it in my eyes when we saw each other at your parent's house, and I also know you like me too. I loved your wife like a sister and I would never have interfered with what you and she had. I have always wondered what that type of happiness would feel like. I was almost jealous of the relationship you two had."

I wanted to be as honest with her as I could and I wanted her to be honest with me. We did talk about both our pasts and what we wanted in the future. We had a lot in common about the future. She told me she would like to date me because she had always had a crush on me since she was fourteen years old. That is why both of her marriages had failed, she always compared them with me.