Artiface of Strength Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"There's no way that they should be able to see that," Beth sent to John.

"William's kids..." John sent back. "It's probably one of the powers they get from the People."

 

"Grandfather's people do that too." Sarah said.

"Do what, dear?" Beth replied.

"Talk to one another with their minds; like you two do. We can't hear what you are saying, but we always know when wolves do it."

"Go ahead and tell them," John sent with a grin, "it sounds like they already know anyway."

"Yes dear," Beth said with a tear in her eye, "we'd love to be your grandparents if you'll have us. We've really been dying to meet you, but we didn't want to scare you away. John and I are Florence's parents."

"Have you come to take us to daddy?" Sarah asked.

"That's up to you and your daddy, dear" Beth replied. "Your father won't let us take you until your mother agrees to it. Well, not unless you were in some sort of danger, but you are perfectly safe here, all of your grandfather's people work for us."

Sarah replied earnestly, "Mama wants to go back to Italy. Noah says that maybe if she could go to Italy, she'd let us stay with daddy while she is gone."

"Hmm..." John said, "It's worth a shot. I can't see why Will would oppose joint-custody so long as when Liz has the children, she remains here. Ja-mul can negotiate that for us."

Beth smiled and said, "Okay dear, you and your brother can mention this to your mother, but whatever you do, do not tell her about the wolves or that you've spoken to us. The last thing we need is for your grandfather to freak out and do something foolish."

"I've never had a gran-ma before," Sarah said sweetly. "Would it be okay if I hugged you?"

Beth opened her arms to her grandchildren and she began to cry.

~~~

Author's Note: Thank you for making me an extremely happy author. This is only the second novel that I've ever written, and all I ever hoped was that a few people would read it. Thank you so very much for letting me read you my bedtime story.

As I've said before, I am going to put these characters aside for a time and work on a different project, (and now for something completely different), but I'm reasonably sure that I'll return to them in time. I can't help but believe that the Habanero Sisters may cause a bit of a fuss at the clubhouse.

Thanks again...

Sister Robin

12