All Comments on 'As I Am'

by Trahi

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
TrahiTrahiover 8 years agoAuthor
Author's Comment

So this was my attempt to write a short story. I tried to keep it under 10,000 words. I went over by a few thousand. (Oops)

I didn’t want the characters to come off as cardboard cutouts but I think the scenery may have taken the hit.

As all of my other stories are 80,000 + words, something had to be sacrificed.

Let me know what you think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great

it may be shorter than your others, (which are ALL awesome), it was still a great read. Nothing wrong with short and sweet. This one didn't need to be long. And your quality in writing was still present, nice work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved it!

I think the length was perfect. I didn't want it to end though, which is for me the mark of a great story.

thanks for sharing it with us :)

FBG

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I loved it! *****

But then, I love all your work. The length was perfect for what you wanted to accomplish. Some authors might have extended it to two chapters, with more misunderstandings, angst, and interference by other characters. It wasn't necessary. After so many relationship failures, Nash quickly recognized who he wanted and needed: Nick.

But, oh no! What has happened to one of my favorite series of all time, "500 Miles"? It is one of those stories of which I need to partake every so often, like comfort food. I am especially a sucker for stories that take a while to get the couple together, and that one was one of the best. Plus, Jordan and Aiden are soooooooo HOT together! I would love to purchase the story.

BKinLA

avidreadravidreadrover 8 years ago

Great story. The characters and the plot were very well written and well thought out. In short stories, I don'r expect to get all the info on everything but you managed to give us all the info we needed. I liked Nash and Nick a lot and, if you ever want to write another short story, I would love to read more about these two men.

TrahiTrahiover 8 years agoAuthor
500 Miles

To BKinLA:

500 Miles was picked up by a publisher. It will be available in print and e-book some time in 2016. I don't have an exact date yet. I will let you guys know when I get one.

Thank you all for your continued support.

You guys are the best!

:-)

TesoroMioTesoroMioover 8 years ago
One thing

This is so great. I loved it and was late to work because I had to finish it first. However, "I've changed," seems a little rushed. I would think it would be more realistic to say, "I don't want to be that anymore. I want to change. You are changing me" or "you make me want to change, to be better." He didn't get it all right in one day. If this story had happened over weeks or even months, then "changed" may be a past tense kind of thing.

TrahiTrahiover 8 years agoAuthor
To TesoroMio

I agree!

If he had said that to me, I would have rolled my eyes. However, Nash is a "jump in with both feet before looking" type of guy. I left the statement definitive because it fit his personality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Kudos to you and your proof-reader/editor!

This is a fairy tale for gay men, well for some of them at least. Your plot and writing skills are wonderful....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Your story was perfect. Not too long or short. And nothing felt like it was missing. It was just as well planned and told as your longer stories., which is amazing. Most writers only seem to be good at one or the other. Congratulations on your publishing!

canndcanndover 8 years ago
Poignant

Rain made me believe any I'll of ur work would be great and I was right so far. Just wish we could get to know all ur characters as intimately. I'm sure more of these two would be a treat.

It was such a poignant story about how we r with dating and meeting people. How often do people missed out for judging a book by its cover?

tarzanacidetarzanacideover 8 years ago
Great!

So well done, descriptive, hot, perfect.

I hope there are more of these two. If not, I'm sure your other work is just as great!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Fabulous

I love it when the writer puts splashes of humor into the story. The details and specifics that were added made the story that much more hot. Great job! I'm looking forward to reading any other pieces you've written.

TuckerMcCallahanTuckerMcCallahanabout 8 years ago

This was very good. Full characters. Plot was trope, but this is Lit. I'm going to chime in with another commenter that Nash's change needed more plot time. I know you were going for brevity in a short piece, but these two almost struck me as a pair of U-Haul lesbians (meet, fuck, we're moving in together!) and there's ample opportunity for them to be more realistic. Consider, for example, if Nick refused to have sex (once bitten, twice shy - he could've been worried about Nash being on the rebound, or maybe he just doesn't fuck on the first date). Forcing a second or even series of encounters spreads out that "falling in love" period. It also increases the heat of the sex the first time it does happen. Then again... your sex scenes are perfect. And who am I anyway, right? LOL

So I'll applaud you for writing a *shorter* story. Now I'm going to suggest you tell one in less than 5000 words. Cause I'm all about challenging you, baby.

*kiss*

~Wick

neonblueneonblueover 6 years ago
Great story

Loved the story, thanks for posting! All these comments about 500 Miles have me wondering what I'm missing! I will wait expectantly to see if it ends up published;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What a great love story

This is a great love story! Period.

Bluepoohstar08Bluepoohstar08over 2 years ago

would love to read more of these two

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I loved this one! Thank you 🥰🥰🥰

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous