All Comments on 'Ashes of Camelot'

by Shaima32

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
fantac63fantac63over 7 years ago
More than an erotic tale.

There is a plethora of erotic stories on this site, many being mine, under my former nom de plume, fantac64. However, most are poorly written, including mine, so it is a pleasure to read a tale that reaches far beyond the erotic element to tell a story of love and acceptance. Wonderful characters and great emotion. Thank you.,

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 7 years ago
pretty good

I did not think this was too long, and it was really good, I hope to hear more about this in future chapters, that happened a year after I was born

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

What a wonderful story. Left me wanting more.

TSreaderTSreaderover 7 years ago
Very good!

A very good story indeed! Thank you!

QuietJohnQuietJohnover 7 years ago
Exceptional!

Well researched and beautifully painted

MaonaighMaonaighabout 7 years ago
Beyond the erotic

There are many good to excellent stories on this site but few, if any, go beyond the erotic and look at the wider world picture as thoughtfully as your story has done. A more than worthwhile piece of work. Congratulations, Shaima!

plumberdonplumberdonalmost 7 years ago
Beautiful

What a well done beautiful story. You have told a wonderful story of love and feeling that can only come maybe once in a persons life. Thank you and God Bless

A_TreatA_Treatover 6 years ago
A fine tale...

That shows that a romantic love story does not have to be gender specific. This tale is gripping and beautiful and belongs in romance and coming awake for the first person teller. Not only did she find true love of another person but true love of who she herself is. And part of that awakening is realizing that the sheeple don't know the truth. She has overcome manufactured reality and embraced truth no matter the consequences. ...bravo and thanks!

A Treat

Avidreader3142Avidreader3142almost 6 years ago
We move on...

We move on, slowly and carefully, then we get a breakthrough like the Australian postal vote. Bring on the next election....

jackie_emjackie_emalmost 6 years ago
Enjoyable

I enjoyed the story and it had a nice build. All the references to smoking and cigarettes bothered me though.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
Other times other rules

Lovely ..... The insecurity the imagination the smell of flowers from the "other" side ..... Great

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94about 3 years ago

Reading pieces like this reminds me to be ever thankful I live in a different time and have a wonderful family that didn't bat an eye at my sexuality. This was beautifully written thank you.

Air_DryAir_Dryabout 3 years ago

This was my second reading. I was 16 in November 1963 and new to the school I was attending. Like Dallas we were in the Central Timezone USA. It was eerily similar as I was one of a number of students in our school cafeteria. A teacher came in and announced that JFK had been shot. One jackass, a senior class member, jumped up and announced he had paid the guy $40 to do it. No one laughed. Later the same teacher returned with the grim news Kennedy had died. We were all excused. It was Friday afternoon the beginning of a very solemn weekend. I sat with my mom watching our black and white TV unable to speak.

I eventually stopped in Dallas almost 50 years later with my wife and went to Dealy Plaza.I was almost able to hear the crowd and imagined the scene I had watched so many times. A couple years before we had visited the Kennedy graves at Arlington National Cemetary. The site overlooks the Potomac River facing the National Mall in DC. It’s a dramatic setting with a view of the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument and the US Capitol.

I’m not sure why I wrote this. Ashes of Camelot moved me to share some of my recollections.

Life goes on. About two and a half months later we were back in front of that same black and white TV watching the Ed Sullivan Show. The Beatles had arrived and a new era began!

PartlyPartlyalmost 3 years ago

Here I am following another excellent air_dry comment. I was in the second grade in the eastern time zone when the news broke. Remember kids crying and the bus ride home. And Uncle Walter. And Caroline & John and the funeral. I was at the Kennedy library in Boston a couple years ago. What could have been. ☹️

The story is excellent.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 3 years ago
I stumbled...

...across this story this morning and re-read it. It really is an excellent piece of work. Nothing more to be said.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleabout 2 years ago

Engrossing. A very good read indeed.

okami1061okami1061almost 2 years ago

Suspension of disbelief can be an awful thing.

Being a writer, suspension of disbelief is something I diligently strive for. I need my readers to see past the flaws in my creation and just believe. I need them to take the trip with me for them to experience all they can. I cultivate that ability in everything I do.

But every now and again, it bites me on the ass.

This time it did. I very clearly remember sitting on the couch beside my mother, eight years old, watching Walter break down in tears making his announcement. I remember feeling stunned. Things like that just don't happen here, It had to be a lie. Then I watched Oswald and Ruby and lie just kept getting bigger and bigger. How is it that the bigger the lie, the easier it is for the public to accept it?

And then, reading this, it all came back. Totally mixed up with this story. I felt like I had sat there watching Walter in Louisiana while these complex and important lives had played out just one state over from me. And I had known nothing about them.

And all I could feel was ... I wished so hard I had been on that plane with them leaving for Stockholm.

Suspension of disbelief ... success. I had lived it with them...

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Another reading … just as impressive as the last time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous