All Comments on 'At His Majesty's Pleasure Ch. 08'

by lady_temily

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very Unexpected; Lovin' It!

I feel like every reader had expectations for Alais' plot, but a tickle fight certainly wasn't one of them, haha. I really wonder about this facade though. I'm not necessarily worried that Alais will be unable to maintain it, but I feel like after some time Alexander will have had enough of it and want the real thing. Time will tell.

Lovely job as always ladies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Keep it coming

This is a new approach and I think I like it. Hope she doesn't loose herself in this elaborate scheme of hers. Can't wait for chapter 9! P.S. I loved the tickle fight but it felt kinda strange sort of out of place with how the book was previously, but still loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
nice change

Hahah her tickle game is certainly something I did not expect. I also like her change of attitude towards him, even if is just a cover. While Alexander was fine with this artifical adoration for now, I wonder whether he would be tired of it and want it to be more like a natural response. He may as well test her, force her to show her real emotions. It will be interesting to see how Alais reacts to this.

I'm a little surprised at how much he seemed to be attached to his brother and sister. I guess I may get accustomed to cruel Alexander so it's hard to imagine him as a kind and caring brother.

xxClarexxxxClarexxalmost 8 years ago
Bummmmmer

Omg what the hell! How is that fair chicks. Here I was thinking I was going to get to find out what Alais's deal is and I'm just. Completely. In the dark. Totally. Still. I had my theories but I so can't tell from this chapter and gah I'm drowning in annoyed right now, I need to know! What's she planning. I refuse to believe it's as simple as making life easy for herself. I know she's all about that, but she's also cunning and plotty and capable and no way in fuck is she giving in for reals. I just can't for the life of me see what it really is all about though! And ooooh. What's the deal with Cassius. Obvs he's alive and kicking somewhere but where and why is Alex hiding him, like is there some scary plot to kill him or something. What's the deal with the sister. just what the fuck is going on basically. On all angles. Also how dare you inflict me with a cliffie and not have chapter nine at my disposal.

Side note - yes I did love their banter even though this new behaviour and commeraderie is so effing weird, but he thinks it's weird too so it works, cause it's totally out of place but they both don't pretend it isn't, so yeah. Also omg he's so charming the evil fucker, no wonder he's screwing every chick on the planet left and right, like when he's not acting like a dickhead he's actually ridiculously drool worthy (although he's possibly more drool worthy when he is acting like a dick, but I'm just odd as fuck about evil dudes) still I can't forgive him for being a fuckwad and doing all these other chicks, don't think that him being cutesy and flexing his biceps in the sun will make me forget how mad I am with him!

Now. What the hell is he going to do to rescue her from this lake. I assume she can swim. Do I sense nakedness coming up? Underwater sex? Can he sprout some tentacles by any chance. Where the heck is chapter nine. I love you both!!!! ::kissy noises::

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great--loving it!

Wow! Amazing story...!yes I concur with the comments above. A very unusual tactic from Alias and highly interesting- wonder how long will Alexender let it last. Hope Alias can put up a good challenge for him. Also I truly enjoy the glimpse of Alexender vulnerability as a young boy, it expose a lot about his character and what he has turn into as a man. I m intrigue by his brother whereabouts and what has really happened to him? And his sister...so much emotion he feels for her makes him a lot more human than the facade he seems to hold. Alexender has turned into a hard cold man but inside their is the longing and vulnerability that any person feels. I was already very attracted to him-I like a strong male character with perfect looks and physic eh.....;) and an amazing sword fighter- qualities highly valued during his time. I so love him more with this new revelation and totally love their banter :))

Thanks to you both- I love you both the most though kisses and hugs from me

Muah mauh...

Take care

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Interesting...

...and most stories ARE boring.

This one, however, is not. I'm enjoying watching it unfold, although I am still greatly troubled by the idea that there could be a sort of forgiveness for what he has done. Yes, it IS in the nature of an erotic story to entertain...and even to have a happy ending, but this king had a man literally torn apart. I understand that he could learn to change, but how could he ever make that right?

It was the act of a sociopath... And I'm curious how he could ever pay the price for that.

candysillycandysillyalmost 8 years ago
Where can I find chpt 9!!???

One question- can anyone tell me how long does lit take to upload a second chapter submitted on a same day? !! I can't wait any longer when I know it's out there.

Also I especially made this userID to read only this story:)

I do not agree with an anonymous comment that this story is losing momentum on the contrary it is gaining velocity. I don't read erotica that mindlessly fuck....with out a good plot and characters. If you have no interest please go elsewhere and look for entertainment. There are a lot of us who enjoy good writing and good story.

ButterBearButterBearalmost 8 years ago
Meh

I thought maybe it was just me but it appears everyone else thinks this story is a waste of time. Characters are not meshing, plot is confusing and continues to be bi-polar. I agree with previous comment - wrap it up. Sorry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
WHAT

"Wait, what?" I knew she was going to go in, but that was fast! Oh, I hope the next one comes soon!!! Lovely as always. Thanks for making my week!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
WTF at the below

To the comment below:

Lol, do you fail at reading comprehension or something? Out of all the comments so far, there was only one negative one, and literally all of the others were positive. How do you look at that and say "it appears everyone thinks this story is a waste of time"?? Maybe the reason you think the plot is confusing has to do with your own comprehension skills...or lack thereof lolll.

Btw, that one negative comment is from a guy who negative comments all stories from time to time. If you look at recent comments, it's full of his stuff. So yeah, it IS just you.

PS if you don't understand the story that's your problem, just stop reading it then. Let everyone else enjoy it without selfishly trying to shut it down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I'm so happy

Finally an update! I'm so happy! Please continue!

My at his majesty pleasure wishlist:

1. I want my OTP to share a deep emotional kiss

2. Angry hot sex sceneS *wink* *wink*

3. Alex getting jealous

4. Anais outsmarting Alex

5. Sad hot sex scenes

6. My OTP working together

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Chapter 9 tomorrow?

I remember their last update stated they uploaded both chapters, so it should be up either tomorrow or saturday from my guess!

GREAT JOB LADIES! keep it up. Its such a great story. I love that as writers you even keep us updated and update the story frequently. Lately so many stories are not updated for more than a year. The characters and story are realistic too!

Absinth3Absinth3almost 8 years ago
Alex is so hot!

Keep up the great writing ladies.

IllariaLannisterIllariaLannisteralmost 8 years ago
Great flashback!

I LOVED the look into the past and the discussion between brothers! I don't mind the cliffhanger either! Just looking forward to the next chapter's release. So great to see that you're both back and things have settled down relatively. Another wonderful entry!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
YESSSSSS

No need to explain your motivations for Alex's cheating---we get that he is an ass,and look forward to his redemption! :-) I love the look back at him as a boy. So..where IS Cassius?!?! Inquiring minds want to know!! 5 stars,as usual!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
YASS

You don't know how happy I am when I see the notifications that your story is up! I love that you give the character the soul and the brain they deserved. It come out very naturally in this story. Keep posting! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Can't wait for the next chapter!!!

You two are absolutely killing it with writing this story!!! — keep it up :)))

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Replies!

@ "Very Unexpected"

Haha, had to surprise you guys (and Alexander) some way! I think she wanted something that would start her off in her pretense with full commitment, while at the same time being disarming - tickling is just so silly that you can't do anything but be amused by it. But yes, Alexander is very mercurial. Only time will tell how long it takes for his mood to change!

@fictionsBFF

I get what you mean! It was kind of a tonal shift from the dark trepidation from before. It's meant to be slightly jarring to the reader, just as it's jarring to Alexander. It was her intention, as she wants to completely shed her persona before and embrace her new strategy. Glad to see you're still enjoying the story!

@ "nice change"

Yeah, Alais didn't want to remain passive forever - it was time to take matters into her own hands! But yes, Alexander likes to test her (as he's already shown in these last two chapters), so I don't imagine it'll be too long before his tests push her more and more. He's so high maintenance, haha! And yeah, Alexander's care for his siblings also surprised Alais. It's not a side often shown by him, and the story will later explore how and why he can be so different.

@Clare

Ahaha, the deal with Alais wasn't meant to be that much of a mystery actually! She doesn't have a huge overarching plan right now, as she lacks the requisite resources/knowledge - but she's picked up that the King has many enemies at court and abroad. So it's just a matter of staying alive long enough plus positioning herself to best make use of that when and if the opportunity arrives (ie, not on the King's bad side, and perhaps with a modicum of his trust). Once she was committed to surviving, she decided to go fully into the act and give him no reason to find fault with her. Oh, and as the end of ch. 9 might have suggested, there's also the possibility of wearing away his disbelief from the sheer extent and consistency of her acting. He won't be fully convinced, of course, but he might become unsettled or affected by it, which is her way of getting back at him without actually appearing to work against him. Anyway, with his guard lowered, she thinks she will have generally better opportunities to work against him. There's also that letter she sent to her family with the drawing and secret message...okay, I lied, maybe there IS a little mystery to her plans after all! :P

Anyway, yesss, he's meant to be both charming and a complete asshole! He was totally flexing his biceps in the sun though, ahaha. Accidentally, of course (he just caaaan't help having such a great physique - it's a curse, it really is). Glad you are loving/hating him! Even without the tentacles! ♥

@ "Great--loving it!"

Aww, thank you! We wanted to show parts of Alexander's humanity and vulnerability, and that he wasn't always like this - that he was just a fairly normal young boy all those years ago, and that not all of that is completely gone from him just yet. Both his siblings have important roles they play(ed) in his life - his entire family, really. More of that will be exposed when they return to the palace, and Alais finally gets to spend some time with people besides him! Really glad you enjoyed it (and him ;) )! ♥

@ "Interesting..."

That's an interesting point you bring up. I've run into similar issues when I've read other stories in the nonconsent section - where a character has acted so immorally that I have a hard time sanctioning a "happy ending" in which all past deeds are written off or forgiven. I think it's a common issue given the nature of nonconsent stories, as it's difficult to reconcile fantasy with morality. Alexander is a terrible person and has done terrible things. All I can say is that I understand your concern, and it won't be the role of this story to "excuse" or "forgive" the crimes he's committed. Murder, rape, etc. inherently can't be made right. Even if he became better (which may or may not happen), the story wouldn't treat that as somehow absolving him of his previous actions.

Though as an aside, I don't know that, in this era, having someone drawn and quartered necessarily makes them a sociopath. It's a barbaric age, and it's a fairly common sentence - Alais's brother, for example, had someone boiled in order to extract information. Though I suppose you could make the argument that everyone back then was a little sociopathic, which I couldn't argue with!

@candysilly

Aww, flattered that you made a username just for us! And thank you for your vote of confidence - we hope the story is picking up momentum too! I never understand why people who hate the story nonetheless follow it for eight chapters and keep commenting about it. That's some dedication, haha! But yeah, usually when we submit two chapters at once, Literotica won't publish them on the same day but back to back.

@ButterBear

Sorry to hear it's not to your tastes! Have to agree with the anon above though - a little odd to insist on ending a story based on your own minority opinion.

@ "WHAT"

Haha, when Alais commits, she fully commits! Glad you're enjoying the twists and turns! :)

@ "WTF at the below"

Yeah, that confused me too! The other negative comment got deleted by the site, by the way - not by us. I've seen the same guy (I recognize the style) bomb all the new stories with the same negative reviews on multiple occasions, and it seems like this time the site admin took actions and scrubbed away all of his recent comments. So strange of him. Anyway, thanks for the support! As long as we have comments like yours encouraging us, we won't be easily dissuaded from continuing the story!

@ "I'm so happy"

Ahaha, what an amazing wishlist! I'm pretty sure that we'll end up hitting every item there, though some a lot sooner than others. Especially #3 - he's already pretty possessive and that's when they're alone!

@ "Chapter 9 tomorrow?"

Thank you!! We think updating you guys is important, especially given how supportive you are!

@Absinth3

Thanks! He thinks so too. ;)

@IllariaLannister

Awesome, so glad you liked it! The flashback was actually the scene that took the longest to write, despite it being a lot shorter than the rest. Wanted to get it just right. ♥

@ "YESSSSSS"

Glad you understand! Alexander is indeed an ass, through and through. And Cassius will be sure to play a role in the story, though how and to what extent will remain to be seen!

@ "YASS"

Aww, thanks! You don't know how happy we were when we saw your comment. :P

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nothing special

I had thought there was something special about the princess that caught the King's attention. He was starting to feel like he wanted to be more and she was the reason. But his cheating with no remorse says that is not the case. Nothing special about her after all. Except her extraordinary understanding of his needs and her ability to make sure her lady maid knows how sorry she is for acting up despite the fact her lady maid has been spending intimate nights with her husband keeping him warm and content.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Huh???

The story is just getting super weird, I should have known based on the last chapter. I prefer stronger female characters as well so perhaps that is why I started to dislike the story so much. I usually want the leads to end up together but the King is so one dimensional and Alias so passive that I hope they go their separate ways, or one dies. I won't finish the story so I guess I'll never know. Meh

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
?

Think you lack an understanding of the story if you think the king is one dimensional or Alais is passive, lol. Maybe she's not "feisty" (aka dumb) like some other heroines in this genre who act wildly and stupidly no matter the consequences. To me those heroines were always difficult to sympathize with and I could never finish the story. Here she is being smart about her strategy.

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
More replies

@ "Nothing special"

There is something special about Alais in that she fascinates him, and of course he is very attracted to her. He's definitely not in love with her though - it's lust he feels, right now, as love (and its accompanying feelings) will generally take longer to develop between people. So no, he's not feeling like he "wants to be more" because of her; right now, she's just an object of fascination. If there is to be more between them, it will be a slow progression, rather than immediate devotion, etc. Alexander has demonstrated worse traits, and this is fairly characteristic of him. Also, I wouldn't say Alais has an extraordinary understanding of his needs - it's more that she doesn't care if he cheats, because she has no emotional attachment either. To her, he's just someone who kidnapped her, and she needs to survive his dangerous temperament (even if her physical reactions make things a little complicated).

@ "Huh???"

Well, hope you find other stories more to your tastes then! I wouldn't say Alais is passive so much as deceptive/subtle with her tactics. She's not going to outright start attacking him or something, as that would lead to a lot of dangerous consequences! This is her way of playing mind games with him and buying herself enough time to play politics at court - though I get that that's not to everyone's tastes, all the same.

@ "?"

Aww, thank you! I think my preference aligns with yours. It's more interesting to me to see heroines behave rationally and cleverly (at least sometimes), and who try to use their brains to get out of situations. There are certainly a few stories I've come across too where I couldn't keep going because the heroine's "defiance" started to defy logic, consequence, etc. And I'm glad you don't think Alexander is one-dimensional either! We tried to give some insight into his background in this chapter, as you saw. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Huh?

While it's not at all clear what Alais' plan is I just have to hold on to the hope that it results with her holding Alexanders balls in a vice like grip and and twisting until they are torn from his body! This is the kind of fantasy that keep me reading.

jenna6jenna6almost 5 years ago
"Not all 'love' need be possessive."

Clearly, you don't know ANYTHING about true love. Worst love story ever! And unlikable characters. 🤢

PaladinDansePaladinDanseover 1 year ago

Alias is my favorite type of Strong Female character. Intelligent, pragmatic and highly mentally resilient. all traits you need to rule. Any moron can be PHYSICALLY strong, or emotionally “Tough” aka Oblivious. She is making the best she can out of her tough circumstances and if that means laying the groundwork for owning his ass later SO MUCH THE BETTER. Tho I do hope that they somehow do come to love each other for real, it seems extremely unlikely after what Alexander has done & would be a cop out frankly.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous