All Comments on 'At His Majesty's Pleasure Ch. 09'

by lady_temily

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I think the real question that has been in everyone's mind for the past 4 chapters is WHAT DID ETHAN TELL HER?

what exactly did he say about the king for her to become so determined to be this loving wife?

I believe its only a matter of time that Alexander begins to fall for Alais. He'd have to start protecting her and backing her up once they get to the palace and are vulnerable to the court. I think in the spirit of all the ironic twists in life, he'll begin to have deep feelings for her first.

I hope she does acknowledge her feelings for him though. They have a potential to be a great love story. I'm sure as Alexander begins to truly open up we will learn of his true feelings, why he became how he is now, & his true self will show. Eventually, Alais would have to begin developing affection towards him.

Keep up the AMAZING work ladies!! Already excited for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Metaphors

interesting...am I wrong to think there was symbolism going on? If casting stones = indirect attacks, and Alais is better at casting stones than Alexander, then I think it's foreshadowing that she will triumph using her wiles against him?

also was I the only confused in the beginning of last chapter when we were just following two boys? hehe but it was a good reveal.

I think alexander may have well killed Cassius but he regrets it, you can write letters to dead people as a diary format.

xxClarexxxxClarexxalmost 8 years ago
Oh, come ON!

How the heck did you know that two of my favourite hot things is A) pools/hot springs sex, and B) chasing. Omg. So hot. The only thing missing was like some spa jets or something because cmon, can't we have some medieval spa sex cause that's just the best right. jets. Omg. I'm disappointed you didn't take it there. Preferably like bdsm tied up whipping spa sex with some underwater breath play wtf where was that, I mean gah. He's meant to be an evil dick right. Hahaha. Um. I can't say much more because now I have to go jump my poor sick flu ridden unsuspecting husband, because now I'm super hot and bothered fuck. That was hot. (Still wondering what the fuck is Alais's deal omg) Stop making me fall even further for Alexander fuuuuuck. He's too delicious especially when he's all smug. Dayum. Thanks so much for the update I adored both chapters yay!

Absinth3Absinth3almost 8 years ago
Excellent job ladies

As always!

candysillycandysillyalmost 8 years ago
Finally!!

Great chapter! Enjoyed reading it- I think the truce will last as long as the king allows it lol.... But I have a feeling Alexender is already smitten ;) I know it would'nt be too long before he is head over heels in love. And Alias will definitely fall into her own trap by falling for him in her pretence-hurray from me nonetheless :D

I have a feeling palace intrigue will bring them together, and I believe Alexender when he said his brother abdicated the throne...I don't know why but I just trust he is a family man lol...;)

Love the two chapters and please hurry with the rest. I am sucker for smug arrogant male lol...love Alexender to the core and thank you ladies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Two chapters amazing

Two chapters, I am delighted. Love the story line, can't wait for more. LOVED IT!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

This is so hot !!!!!!! (need to fan myself a little bit). Haha I started to see signs of falling in love from Alexander, even he was still in a denial mood. Lol Alexander, you fool no one. I hope he would be the one who caves first, and started doing things to win "real" trust and affection from Alais. I'm curious what he would do at this point. And I didn't buy his story of Cassius just simply abdicated in his favour, there must be something more complicated than that.

About Alais, this is a smart strategy of her to avoid troubles, at least now, but I wonder how long this truce will last, and whether or not she would fall in love with him, since pretending to love someone has the potential to actually fall in love. I think she would have a real struggle in her mind.

I so have some questions: How old are Alexander and Alais? I guess she's in her early 20 and he might be in his late 20, but I'm not sure. Will you cover the official wedding in the palace? I hope to see you introduce some of his hopeful-would-be-queen, I even imagined them fighting for Alexander in the court and Alais stood aside thinking "Are those girls gone nuts? He is despicable" =))))))

Keep up the good work. I'm (im)patiently waiting for the next chapter, preferably it will come out in this month.

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 8 years ago
I'm terribly confused

First of all, still loving this story!

Maybe I should go back and reread for having missed something but my confusion is about Alexander's brother(s). Cassius is said to have taken himself away to a monastery and there he stays shunning public life, abdicating the throne, and his old pen pal Alais. Meanwhile Edmure, who was engaged to Alais and received a token gift from her, that was found on his dead body being displayed among other rebel rousers, is openly and painfully dead. So Alexander had two brothers?

If Alexander had two brothers, one dead and one in the monastery, why would he have just courted Alais while engaging in extortion in order to secure his shipping routes? If Alais had been engaged to Edmure, for political reasons, it would be somewhat logical for her matrimony to shift to the new king in that land because the political alliance would continue to be benificial to both kingdoms.

Predictions: Alexander will eventually begin to test Alais's declaration to love him. He will need to do this because he finds himself becoming attached and he will not allow that to happen if her feelings for him are a ruse. He, therefor, must ferret out the truth and the only way to do that is to test her love, by being a dick and a douchebag alternatively. While both a dick and a douchebag behave in self centered ways, a dick does it with a sexual over tone while a douchebag is an uncouth, ill mannered bore. Reminiscent of the antihero Lousia Trent likes to write about, both dickish and douchy.

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 8 years ago
And also...

Further predictions.

1. Alais becomes pregnant and her whole plan of survival until something better comes along falls to pieces.

Or

2. Alais doesn't become pregnant and the King discovers her tea is birth control.

If 1 happens while Alexander is in the grips of his most dastardly testing of Alais's love, she will become quite ill and possibly have a messy miscarriage. This will prompt Aexander to doubt himself. Cognitive dissonance ensues. He will begin to fall apart because he must distance himself from Alais and at the same time he will come to see how much she actually does mean to him. But since he still doubts her sincerity, he will send her away where she will be safe from his meddling. She will be sent to his sister. The sister will be the conduit, sensing Alais's love to be genuine even though Alais insists it was only a self preservation tactic that back fired and given enough time she will have Alexander out of her system for good, and find a way to bring the two back together again. A gentle and loving relationship ensues, even though Alais still hasn't come to grips with the fact she she totally gets off on being dominated and chased, because most of us girls do even though we're not supposed to admit that in public other wise we might be compared to Phyllis Schlafley. Horror of horrors!

If 2 happens, the king will become furious and forbid Alais the tea. She will, at this point, fight for her very life because Alexander is still treating her rather badly. Now she becomes desperate for she will not bring a child into a world in which she is nothing more than a plaything to be used, abused and discarded, not even given respectful treatment from their servants. The friend, can't remember his name-the guy from the library who is the only good friend Alexander has, sees Alais plight and promises to help her as he also chastises Alexander who begrudgingly cedes the point. Alais makes her escape and Alexander must go back to her kingdom to retrieve her. Once there, they both discover that she is pregnant, because he continued to use her after her tea was banished before she escaped. Annndddd, I seem to have written myself into a corner because I have no thoughts on how to reconcile the two at this point.

candysillycandysillyalmost 8 years ago
Edmure is not ALEX bro

If I remember correctly, Edmure was a prince of another Kingdom defeated by Alexender.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
otp

my otp for one is king storm x kumquat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Yep

Edmure is not related to Alexander other than having been conquered and had died by his hands.

It was established earlier on that Alais was first betrothed to Alexander's brother first before being betrothed to Edmure.

Anyway, I was so excited to see TWO updates on this story! And with a sex scene to boot! I love how both their characters are never compromised even with the recent developments in the story. They are both so compelling in the way you've written them that it feels like you can't root for one without rooting for the other.

I don't know if you're writing this on a whim or have already planned out everything beforehand, but I can't wait for the next update--whichever way YOU believe the story would go and not based on some random reader's fanfic predictions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
To ladyparts and lady_temily:

The charm of this story thus far has been its unpredictability, and the ways in which each character surprises the other. As such, I think it would be a mistake to borrow upon the plot devices ladyparts suggests, which are common enough to fall into the realm of predictability and would waste the promise of what I have seen up to now.

RubiaLaFayeRubiaLaFayealmost 8 years ago
One of the better stories here. Good to see you continued

1) I seem to discover a clue to pregnancy because she did not have her tea;

2) I think the brother is the cause of his cruelty. Did something awful happen to his brother what shook his world? Or did his brother turn on him all of a sudden and maybe cause the big scar? I am wondering if the monetary is not an asylum or a prison.

Please do not wait too long for publishing the next episode.

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 8 years ago
To chicken shit anon re: to lady parts

I don't generally trifle with chicken shit anonymous commenters, actually don't generally trifle with other commenters at all since my comments are directed to the author not the readers, I suggest you reacquaint yourself with the author's plea at the end of this chapter. I refer specifically to this: "And as always, feel free to share your speculations!)"

If you don't like predictions, don't fucking read them!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

My take on things is that Alexander probably already knows about the tea, or doesn't know and wouldn't care. At the moment she is his 'play thing', the relationship is new, he just wants to enjoy it. They clearly have some passionate love that may grow into compantionate love. For now though controlling Alias and having sex with her is optimal. He wouldn't really want to be bothered by the complications of a pregnancy, even though he knows he eventually has to have an heir. I also think Alexander is going to be very jealous when they go back to the palace, Alias will be charming everybody and other men will start to secretly admire her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I can't wait

I check for updates almost every day. I wish this was a book that I could devour. I like that you're keeping the readers on their toes by hinting of their alternate drives for the "farce". I am so enjoying these tender moments. We're in the eye of the storm, and I can't wait for the wind to start blowing again with these developing emotions mixed in. I'm curious what Alais' attitude will be towards the court. Will she be Alexander's partner or will she sow seeds of distrust? Personally I'd like to see her continue to love Alexander, but some jealousy from Alexander would be perfect. I want to see him show Alais that she is his.

Stunning writing, as always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

1.I certainly hope this truce lasts BUT a bump in the road wouldn't hurt the plot! I do love them getting them along because I think their personalities suit each other well, but smooth sailings all the time isn't as fun.

2.I hope her tea becomes more important to the story. Does Alexander already know or find out? Does he care? Is her missing a night going to be a problem? I hope we find out!

3.i love this story!!!!

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 8 years ago
The bump in the road will come

when he realizes she isn't just a plaything and he actually cares what happens to her. And another when she realizes that her act has become reality and she can't let anything happen to him. By then, the tea will be a betrayal that angers him greatly.

Looking forward to more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Some of the Best Writing on This Site

I just read every chapter in a day. This story is so good. When will the next chapter come???? Can't wait!!!

studiogirlstudiogirlalmost 8 years ago
So Much Fun

Well, you two know how to WRITE! Thank you, and as always, looking forward to seeing where this all goes 😊😊😊

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Loving it

When will there be a new chapter?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Waiting

For another chapter cause i love this story

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Replies!

To those asking about the next chapter - we're working on it, and aim to have it submitted by Wednesday. We'll keep you posted! In the meantime, have some more delayed replies to your comments!

@ "I think the real question"

Ahaha, I promise the next chapter will give some insight into Ethan's advice! It wasn't solely (or even mostly) because of that conversation that caused Alais to develop this strategy though, if that was unclear - she decided this would be the best way to lower Alexander's guard and maximize her chances of survival/opportunity. Ethan did nudge her a little in that direction, but it was mostly all her! Thanks for sharing your predictions too! There will definitely be more exploration of why/how Alexander became who he is today. As the flashback showed, he wasn't always like this.

@ "Metaphors"

There's indeed symbolism going on! I like metaphors probably too much, so they're sprinkled throughout the story. Casting pebbles is certainly meant to symbolize one's capacity for indirect attacks - whatever other conclusions you wish to draw! Interesting theory, too. Guess we'll have to see if Cassius really is alive and well!

@Clare

Hahaha, always love to hear that you liked it!! Man, I think our preferences just happen to overlap on a lot of things! We were saving breathplay for a time when he's in a more dickish mood (and that he's going to have dickish moods is not I think a spoiler - we all know Alexander is awful and can only be all indulgent/pleasant for so long, haha). But for some reason, we totally didn't even think of spa jets! That may or may be remedied at a future date. We can't all have such a creative mind as you! Glad you're enjoying Alexander's smugness - plenty more smugness coming your way!

@Absinth3

Thank you, as always!

@candysilly

Thank you! Glad you like Alexander's smugness, because I have tons of fun writing it, haha. He's so awful. There definitely will be palace intrigue coming up, and you're right that until now they haven't had any mutual enemies (they've been each other's antagonists instead, haha). Guess we'll have to see how they deal with it, and if your hypothesis proves right!

@ "Two chapters amazing"

Thanks!! Couldn't have come back with any less, after that long wait!

@ "This is so hot"

Resisting a "hot and steamy" pun right now (given they were in the steamy hot springs), ahaha. Glad you enjoyed it though! :) You're right in that there's more to the story with Cassius, which will eventually be revealed throughout the story. Alexander's backstory is pretty complicated! And yes, both he and Alais are susceptible to healthy doses of denial, if in their own ways; they're both testing out the waters in this new phase, and it'll remain to be seen who cracks first. But anyway, re: your question: Alexander is 32 and Alais is 21, and Alexander has been reigning since he was 19. And yes, there will be a formal wedding ceremony, and we did plan for Alais to run into some of those hopeful would-be queens!

@LadyParts!

Thanks - glad to see you're continuing to enjoy the story! And yeah, like the other helpful commenters clarified, Edmure isn't related to Alexander in any way. Alexander just has two siblings, Cassius and Adeline. After Cassius purportedly ran away to the monastery, Alais got engaged to Edmure, from a different country, before he met his unfortunate end at Alexander's hands. Sorry if the story didn't make it clear!

Always love reading your speculations! They're so detailed and thought out - we both find it kind of fascinating to see what readers think is going to happen (and seeing what corresponds and what doesn't!). Hmm, I can say that both Adeline (the sister) and Ethan (the friend in the library) will have more roles to play, and that Alais won't be able to keep her birth control secret forever (though I'm sure that's not surprising). Wish I could delve deeper, but spoilers, etc.! You're right in that Alais definitely doesn't want to admit to getting off to being dominated - she's just wrapping her head around the sex aspect first of all, much less all this other kinky stuff! And yes, I'm sure she doesn't want to compare herself to whatever is the medieval equivalent of Phyllis Schlafley, ahaha. Guess it's up to Alexander to rip down those walls. Poor guy... :P

Not familiar with Louisa Trent though - will have to check her out!

@ "otp"

Hahaha, mine too!

@ "Yep"

Thank you so much! I think that might be a byproduct of having one writer "in charge" of each character, in a way, since I can focus on keeping Alexander's character intact while Daisy focuses on the same for Alais. That innately (hopefully) prevents one character from overpowering the other, in terms of development/personality. As for how we're writing this - it's very much planned out! We actually have a bunch of googledocs with information, timelines, etc. to make sure we don't forget what should happen at each step of the story. The individual scenes might be more whimsical as we don't have exact details sketched out, but we've figured out largely what the overall plot will entail. To that end, no need to worry that we'll adopt someone else's whole storyline (though small ideas might inspire us)! Anyway, I don't think LadyParts meant to impose her predictions or anything - just sharing them for fun!

@ "To ladyparts and lady_temily:"

As I mentioned in the reply above this, we actually have most of the story planned out already, so it's unlikely we'll be borrowing any large-scale plot devices. We find it fun to read speculations though, and compare predictions with our plans! But thank you for your concern, and your trust in our storytelling. We'll do our best to continue surprising you!

@RubiaLaFaye

Interesting observations! At least this early on, it's safe to assume that Alais is staying on top of her tea even when it's not explicitly mentioned. Otherwise, she'd be pretty embarrassed at herself for slipping up so soon. You'll definitely learn more about that mysterious past later on - though I wouldn't say Alexander's Alexanderness was exclusively caused by some kind of tragic event. :P

@ "Thoughts"

It's true that Alexander mostly wants to enjoy his new bride! Like most kings in this era, though, having heirs is also a primary concern - without sons, he essentially has no legacy, and he also needs heirs to cement the alliance between Vvaria and Obsivia. What Alais is doing is therefore tantamount to treason - very dangerous, should she be found out. As for the jealousy, that I can't deny! He's a pretty possessive bastard, and the number of suitors Alais had before is testament to her charm.

@ "I can't wait"

Thank you so much - that's so flattering! Yeah, their emotions are complex, and as good as they are at lying to each other, they're also pretty darn good at lying to themselves, haha! Definitely right to characterize this as the eye of the storm, though, as the truce can't last forever. Anyway, yes, plenty of potential jealousy from Alexander's end, and opportunities for intrigue for Alais.

@ "1.I certainly hope this truce lasts "

1. Oh, there will be plenty of bumps in the road, don't worry on that account! Alexander's too volatile (unfortunately) to be content with her pretense forever, haha. 2. Alexander doesn't currently know about the tea; birth control concoctions aren't all that common in their world, and their servants just assume she has particular tastes for her tea. Missing a night or two isn't problematic, as long as she stays fairly consistent. Aaand yes, Alexander does care about having heirs, so it's pretty dangerous for her! 3. Thank you!!

@cantfightfate

Yeah, their relationship will certainly go through more evolutions before the story is over! And the tea may or may not play a role in that. Maybe he'll find out! Maybe someone else will! Stay tuned, etc.

@ "Some of the Best Writing on This Site"

Aww, thanks! And wow, in a day - that's so fast. If only we could write that quickly!

@studiogirl

Thanks, that means a lot!! Hope you continue to enjoy the next chapters too. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Character Image

http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/195/224ce130-9739-0131-f0b6-4294e5a140ae.jpg?w=684&h=513&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70

This guy as Alexander. You're welcome ;)

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor

@ "Character Image"

Ahaha, funny you should post Daario! We were just talking about what Game of Thrones characters Alexander and Alais resemble most, and decided Alexander is a combo of Drogo/Daario/Tywin (with different elements from each, of course).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Visual Aid

Are there any other actors or characters to use as a visual reference for Alais and Alexander? What color is Alexander's hair? Sorry for the oddly specific queston. Your writing is truly amazing. Keep at it

lady_temilylady_temilyover 7 years agoAuthor
Reply

Sorry, didn't see your comment! Alexander has dark hair and blue eyes. Not a weird question at all! And for visual references, I'll just paste the actor discussion from Chapter 10: "Alexander would look something like Henry Cavill - he smirks pretty magnificently, for one (like here: i.imgur.com/MIXcGxY.png). Aaand he's got a aristocratic-ish vibe from the Tudors, and the right body/build after Superman. And Alais we imagined looking like Elizabeth Olsen (http://tinyurl.com/h4qyzf2) - she has delicate features and these really expressive eyes."

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good for her!

Let her get all the cookies she wants! I hope she rides him like her own personal love slave from now right up to the moment she slips the knife like butter into his spine paralyzing him. Then the torture can begin! Did I mention I don't like this guy?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Blue blood pussy is better than servant girl pussy 'cause...adverbs.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous