All Comments on 'At His Majesty's Pleasure Ch. 10'

by lady_temily

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
WHAT?!!?!?!?!

I doubt the monk/exile brother has child....so is this her step-daughter or you just teasing us. And Evelyn is their paternal cousin?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Oh! PLEASE When?!?!?!

When do you plan on submitting the next chapter? I'm too anxious to wait too long this time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
comment game

Wow, first half was soooo hot. And for the game, I think I see Natalie Dormer as Alais. :D Will think some more about Alexander.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Slightly Confusing/Distracting

On the first page. Maybe I didn't read carefully enough. I thought her hands were tied behind her back by her scarf, then he was holding them at her sides. Later, by ropes? And he loosened his breeches twice. Love the story and progress as usual, just the first page threw me off at times. Could just be me reading too fast

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
So good!

Great chapter hot & some plot development my favourite combination! Hopefully the next update is soon but of course I would rather wait longer for a quality and lengthly chapter than for you guys to rush it.

I would love to see some more interaction with Alais and Alexander with other characters around so their relationship can develop without just the sex (but of course we need some of that - or some public flirtation is always hot). Plus Alais can be braver and a bit feisty if others are around I reckon.

As for the character images in my mind I imagine that Alais is like a Saoirse Ronan and Alexander I think of someone brooding like a dark haired Alexander Skarsgard.

Hope to be reading some more soon (you can't leave us on this cliffhanger for too long!!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
OMG

My nephew almost grabbed my phone while I was reading this. Grubby kids lol. Still worth it! The surprise introduction of the maybe bastard child really communicates how little Alais knows about her new king and country. Are we looking at the beginnings of a greater grand plot, maybe? ;)

@Confused Anon

Aren't those supposed to be different scenes? Authors usually use asterisks* to demarcate scene changes, so that's what I assumed lol. It makes more sense if you read it like a montage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Awesomeness

As always your writing is on point! The story, the characters and the steamy scenes *wink* are all amazing! The fact that he might have a kid came totally left field (did not see that coming) though it might be his brother kid, i hope it's his brothers kid or adopted or just not his. Can't wait to find out. the only thing i wish it had was more of Alexanders POV. But besides that this is awesome don't stop whatever you do! Also I adore Alais and Adeline's conversation it showed the intelligence of two strong and smart characters (I love it)!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
oh cliffhanger !!!

Oh I definitely hope Evelyn is his (illegitimate?) child. If she really is, there will be a lot of intrigues, so Alais can find something to use against him later. And this will give us readers a chance to see a side of him through his treatment of his own flesh and blood. And when Ethan talked about his boredom, I can't help thinking Alexander has a mentality of a young boy, always looking for the next thing, so childish =)))

The sex scenes are so hot. Alexander said that Alais can't not play pretend when having sex with him, it makes me wonder whether he eventually will want to see her true emotions outside the bedroom. Will her tea be discovered? I hope Alexander will know about the contraception after realizing he's in love with Alais, I want to see him devastated, because he obviously hasn't experienced this kind of feeling. He's always so sure of himself and gets what he wants, it's just so annoying =)) And it would be hilarous when Alais charms everybody in his court (hopefully including Duke Ethan "wink wink"), and he stood aside glowered and jealous.

Great job ladies, impatiently waiting for the next chapter :))

P.S: What happened to Alais's parents? I noticed that they weren't mentioned in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It was lovely!!!

I love the development in this chapter, and im so excited to meet her hand maidens, and to see her reaction. Evelyn seems darling! As for casting, Toni mahfud is my Alexander (give him a chance and watch him smolder, mmmmm), Emilia Clarke is my Alais (if she could do an american accent and wear hazel green contacts, her face, innocence, and inner steel are perfect for alais), Joseph Gordon-Levitt is my Ethan (cute, friendly, nerdy, inteligent) Aishwarya Rai is the best Adelaine (perfect sense of adventure, a mischievious quality, a quiet dignity, and an individualistic flair). Alais's brother would be brilliantly played by the sweet and witty Max Lloyd-Jones. Nikki hahn has just the right look for Evelyn, and finally, the mysterious older brother would be done justice by oscar isaac. (Bonus: i can't help but see Kiernan shipka as future handmaiden, and katherine mcnamara's face is on the poor maid who Alexander is briefly involved with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It was lovely!! Cont.

Considered: Alison Scagliotti as Alais, Jessica Jade Andres as Adeliene, Wes aderhold as Alais's bro, and Mary Kate Wiles as Alexander's brief good time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
anonymous cliffhanger

Forgot the comment game :) I'm kind of seeing Michael Fassbender as Alexander. He can be both suave and dangerous. Or Christian Bale circa The dark knight for the handsome and charming part. On Alais, I'm still struggling to find a suitable candidate, in a pinch maybe Rebecca Ferguson from MI 5. She seems to exude confidence, intelligence and elegance, which are important traits of Alais.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Supremly Dumb.

A slightly successful series on an erotica site and you're considering casting actors for a movie? The arrogence is blinding. As well as delusion. As if any of those actors would do this.

And where is the plot? Just one sex scene to another.

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 8 years ago
I'm not sure what the purpose of

the flashbacks was. If I was supposed to gain some additional insight from that, it went completely over my head and just left me thinking... what have I missed? Why was that there? Maybe I'll figure it out in another chapter.

Unexpected bombshell... don't know if it's possible for the girl to be the oldest brother's illegitimate child. Regardless, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Lmao @ "supremely dumb" anon ironically complaining of continuous sex scenes at erotic fiction website literotica dot com: despite you reaching for insults, glad you know and acknowledge this series is successful! Absolutely loved the transitions you made in the first part. It felt like a dreamy and slow 'calm before the storm' narration right before dropping that cliffhanger bomb on us and setting the plot to works again. Absolutely cannot wait for what's ahead for Alais, I'm rooting for her to succeed in playing the political machinations of court and with her husband. And of course to have at least a semblance of relationship with Alexander. Love the work you guys!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hooked

I started reading your series yesterday and, to be honest, it was really only meant to be a quick diversion, but I became absolutely and totally hooked and found myself reading until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore instead.

I have read many novels that weren't as carefully written and thought through as yours is (and I read a lot) and I am absolutely fascinated how you manage to make me love Alexander (despite him being cruel bastard) and the way you keep working new twists into the plot.

I literally can't wait to read more!

candysillycandysillyalmost 8 years ago
Amazing!

Wow! Another mind wrecking and overwhelmingly amazing chapter! I just love how you bring out new elements of twist every time:D seriously can't wait for the next instalment- it's driving me crazy lol... I love love it. I am wishing Evelyn is not Alexander's bastard ;) just my Romantic heart babbling hoping Alias to be the first to sire his child. But hey absolutely alright which ever way the plot goes. For the cast I concur with one of the commenters-Emilia Clarke (so adorable from GOT fame) as Alias and Charlie hunnam (Sons of Anarchy) as Alexander.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Comment

Rachel McAdams from the Wedding Crashers as Alais

lady_temilylady_temilyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Update

Hi! Scarlett here. Some good news and some bad news! Bad news is that we both have professional tests to focus on coming up the end of this month (and the bar exam is taking much more time than I thought), so work on Chapter 11 will be a bit slow until we're over those hurdles. But good news! Right after that, I'm going to be more free than I ever have been - since I have two months of basically sitting at home until my job starts! In that time, I'm hoping to do some serious editing/writing (and hounding of Daisy). So basically: hang tight for a bit, and then expect a flurrrry of chapters after that!

Re: comment game - thanks for sharing all those actors and actresses! Daisy and I just find it really fun to see how you guys visualize the characters. Keep them coming! For us, Alexander would look something like Henry Cavill - he smirks pretty magnificently, for one (like here: i.imgur.com/MIXcGxY.png). Aaand he's got a aristocratic-ish vibe from the Tudors, and the right body/build after Superman. And Alais we imagined looking like Elizabeth Olsen (http://tinyurl.com/h4qyzf2) - she has delicate features and these really expressive eyes. Oh, and Ethan could be either Simon Woods (Mr. Bingley from Pride and Prejudice) or Eddie Redmayne, and Adeline we thought of as Emily Blunt.

Individual replies to follow, but just wanted to give that update first. Thanks for your amazing comments, as usual, as well as your patience. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

yay! sad about the delay of course but excited about this flurry of chapters you mention. :D

ElhazElhazalmost 8 years ago
Love it

Lots of sneaky little surprises for Alais, it seems that he might have quite a few in store. Loving the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Maybe the discovery of this child will start to change Alias's mind about not bearing an heir? I could see her getting a little competitive/possessive about this. Will she be a good stepmom?! Enjoying this story so much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Actors

I think Giacomo Gianniotti from Greys anatomy would fit the role of Alexander. Lyndsy Fonseca From how I met your mother would fit Alias. Keep up the good work! I'm so hooked on your series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

The dude in Gladiator as the king hands down.

I NEED THE NEXT ONE THIS IS LIKE AN ADDICTION! !!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hmm

Maybe Jenna Coleman for Alais? Or a young Alexis Bledel?

I forgot what colour Alais' eyes were and I think you mentioned she had dark hair...? I just remember that she was described as a great beauty that had a lot of suitors and was on the petite side, so I can only think of actresses who I find really pretty.

Does she have a British accent?

As for Alexander, I can't really think of anyone besides Henry Cavill that could really fit the description. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Erotik_MindErotik_Mindalmost 8 years ago
Captivating... Ready for more please!

Oh wow! I started this series yesterday and just couldn't stop reading it. Can't wait to see what happens next. I can't decide if I want them to fall in love or if I want him to make her his sex slave.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
ahhhh

amazing work as usual!!!! so excited to see how being at court will effect their relationship!!!!! and i know hes a soccer player not an actor but mat hummels looks is EXACTLY what i've pictured alexander looking like sooo dreamy and i think sophie turner would make a great alais

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fantastic story building!

As a freelance writer myself I have to say how delightfully impressed with where you've taken this exotic story!

You seriously must consider publishing this!

Your explain of Alais and her reasoning make for quite an intelligent character in multiple ways with many talents for coping and quickly understanding each new situation that is thrust upon her, while learning quickly to reserve her 'normal' reactions in favor of a persona that easily (or as easily as possible!) gives her whatever measure of influence as is attainable.

I could write volumes about this story...however I shall simple end this comment with a plea that you post the next chapter as soon as possible!

Thank you for a well thought out and written story!

Cheers!

~Roze

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nice

Don't know how I missed this one...

Alais is a great character. Funny, smart and a cynic? Oh my. Really a character after my heart, and don't get me started on the King. I like my antiheroes to be villainous. Can't stand wishy–washy antiheroes, feels like a cop out.

Anyway great job!

P.S: Wish I could have read this from its first post. It feel awkward trying to summarize my feelings in one go cause I end up writing a generic review.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Any updates?

This work is so amazing. Any news about when the next chapter is coming

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
When Will the Next Chapter be Published?!

I seriously check back every day to see if this story has been updated with the next chapter! It's so good, please don't leave us hanging any longer!

lady_temilylady_temilyover 7 years agoAuthor
Update!

Chapter 11 has been published! We were planning to get 11 and 12 out together, but in the interest of tiding you over, we'll do 11 first and pump out 12 a few days after that. Chapter 11 is a bit of a transitional chapter, but it sets up some interesting things that we hope you'll enjoy!

Also, flattered that you guys were still checking in - we half-expected to be forgotten!

WeaverwolfWeaverwolfover 7 years ago
Chapter 11

You say it's beenot published, but where is it?

lady_temilylady_temilyover 7 years agoAuthor

Bad word choice on my part! I meant that we submitted it to Literotica, and the site will usually take a couple of days to approve and then actually publish it publicly.

ColddesireColddesireover 7 years ago

This chapter was very easygoing and steamy , I like it a lot. Some thing came to my mind though , how old are our main characters? I don't think that it has been mentioned .

lady_temilylady_temilyover 7 years agoAuthor
Replies!

@ "comment game"

Thanks, we were trying something different with the sex montage! And I love love Natalie Dormer in everything she's in - great choice!

@ "Slightly Confusing/Distracting"

Oh yeah, that was meant to be three separate scenes (separated by the "*" marks). Think of it like a montage in a movie where it cuts away from one scene to another - first as she's bend over, then later in a boat, and then lastly tied up on the bed. :)

@ "So good!"

Thank you so much! Definitely a lot of interaction with other characters coming up - especially during the wedding, when she'll be introduced to a lot of his court. You're right in that it'll let Alais be a little bolder and let her explore a different dynamic to their relationship. Lovely actor choices too! Saoirse Ronan has really expressive eyes the way I imagine Alais's are, and Alexander Skarsgard has that antihero vibe (and the right name, haha).

@ "OMG"

Haha oh no, don't let your nephew read naughty stories! :P Yeah, there's a bunch of stuff Alais doesn't know about Alexander and her new kingdom, and several plots in the works that are about to slowly unspool. And you're totally right about the montage explanation!

@fictionsBFF

Thank you, you're always too kind! ❤ We try to balance the story with the sex (which is equally important!), so I'm glad to hear the pacing of both are working for you. And it's great that you liked the conversation between Alais and Adeline! Had to satisfy the Bechdel test some way, haha. They were totally sizing each other up, but in subtle and almost friendly way.

@ "oh cliffhanger !!!"

Alexander does have a somewhat boyish/petulant side to him in terms of his boredom! But he handles boredom a little worse than the average person, haha, and resorts to idle displays of cruelty to entertain himself. Unfortunately! Glad you're enjoying the sex scenes too. One thing's for sure: he won't be content with this forever, and something will have to give eventually. ;) And yes, Alexander does have an annoying tendency to be rather smug, doesn't he? He'll have to get frustrated eventually! Oh, and Alais's parents will be a plot point later, but the public story is that they died at sea. (And I did consider Christian Bale too as a model for Alexander! He's got suave and charming down pat. Not as familiar with Rebecca Ferguson but I agree that she has a look of elegance and intelligence about her!)

@ "It was lovely!!!"

Wow, we were so impressed by how many characters you cast! We had tons of fun looking some of these actors up. Haven't heard of Toni Mahfud before, but he does smolder pretty good on these googled images! Emilia Clarke has this exotic beauty about her (mixed with cool defiance) that could do Alais justice for sure - and she's played a similar role before in having to deal with a hulking warmonger, haha. Joseph Gordon-Levitt does innocent/friendly great, Aishwarya Rai has always seemed mischievous but good-natured to me, and Nikki Hahn looks adorable for Evelyn. I wonder if your casting choice for the handmaiden is the same now that Chapter 12 has introduced them!

@ "Supremly Dumb"

Haha, naming actors is purely for fun - we obviously aren't actually casting for a movie. But then, I think you know that! :P

@cantfightfate

Were you talking about the flashback in this chapter, with Ethan's comments? Or the flashback in the chapter before this, with Alexander and his brother Cassius? The Ethan one was to foreshadow what might happen once Alexander's good mood disintegrates, and also to shed some light on Alais's strategy in keeping him entertained. The Cassius flashback is supposed to be more ambiguous, though we meant it to offer some insight into Alexander's childhood and also tie into the chapter thematically (in terms of subtle over blatant strategies re: the pebble throwing metaphor).

@ "Lmao"

Haha, I completely agree about it feeling like a reach for insults. Guess we should take that as a good thing, that they have to resort to complaining about too much sex! Thank you for your vote of confidence though - we're always grateful when you guys defend us. ❤ Definitely lots of political machinations up ahead, as well as changes in dynamics with Alexander. :)

@ "Hooked"

Aww, thank you so much! That's really flattering - I'm so pleased that we got you hooked! And that's exactly what we wanted to accomplish with Alexander, haha. He's intended to be terrible and likable at the same time in that antihero way.

@candysilly

Thank youuu! You guys are too nice. We love putting in twists to throw you guys off, haha, so keep looking out for them! Agreed on Emilia Clarke being a great Alais (especially with her role in GoT). Neither of us have seen Sons of Anarchy yet, though Charlie Hunnam totally has the looks (and abs) for Alexander!

@ "Comment"

Love Rachel Mcadams! She has such natural charisma.

@Elhaz

Thank you! And yes, definitely more surprises (good and bad) for Alais along the way. :)

@Alliwantis

I guess we'll have to see if Alais changes her mind! As for her role as a stepmother - she doesn't have much experience with children, though her inclination is to pity Evelyn rather than blame her for the circumstances of her birth, which some other noblewomen in her shoes might have.

@ "Actors"

Thanks! Giacomo Gianniotti has a great smirk, by the way. Took a moment for me to realize who Lyndsy Fonseca played in How I Met Your Mother! She's just petite enough for Alais. :)

@ "The dude in Gladiator"

Which dude, Joaquin Phoenix or Russell Crowe? Funny thing, we imagined Russell Crowe as Alexander's dad (when he was younger)!

@ "Hmm"

Yeah, Alais has dark hair and green eyes, and is considered a great beauty - that and her charm/intelligence managed to draw a lot of suitors (including, unfortunately, Alexander). We did imagine a British accent since we're drawing inspiration from medieval England, in some respects. Both Jenna Coleman and Alexis Bledel are really pretty and have beautiful eyes! Can totally see either as Alais. And I'm glad you can see Cavill in the role too!

@Erotik_Mind

Yay, glad it drew you in! And hey, falling in love and making her a sex slave aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. :P

@ "ahhhh"

Thank you!! Yeah, being at court will introduce a lot of different dynamics for them to explore - with each other and with other people! Neither of us follow soccer but we can see what you mean about Mat Hummels looking pretty dreamy! He kind of reminds me of Oberyn from Game of Thrones too, with that glimmer of mischief in his smile. And poor Sophie Turner, haha, always slated for characters held somewhere against their will!

@Roze

Wow, thanks! That means a lot coming from a writer. :) We haven't considered publishing yet, as there's still a lot to write in the story, but it would be pretty amazing if there was actually potential for that! And I'm glad you enjoy Alais! We tried to give her a skillset/personality that would enable her to exert influence - I think you hit the nail on the head by characterizing her as adaptable. She's a survivor at the end of it all (once she decided she wanted to survive). Thank you for your kind words!

@ "Nice"

Thanks a lot! Not many people catch that Alais is a cynic, but there are definitely tidbits here and there in her thought process that point to it. And yeah, we wanted to emphasize that it was her intelligence and humor (and not only beauty) that caught the King's attention. I share your sentiment with regards to antiheroes too! We're trying not to pull any punches with Alexander; he's a terrible person and does actually terrible things.

@Colddesire

Glad you liked it! We tried to make it as steamy as possible. :) As for age, Alexander is 32 and Alais is 21, and Alexander has been reigning since he was 19.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous