All Comments on 'At His Majesty's Pleasure Ch. 11'

by lady_temily

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Refreshing

I am happy that I have found such a well written story in this site. Looking forward to their next encounter.I like Alexander's enigmatic personality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Haha I know Evelyn is his bastard child, but she seems to be a sweet girl, hopefully she can become a good ally for Alais. I wonder who is her mother and what happened to her? But I quite like the way Alexander treated Evelyn, he at least didn't completely disregard her. And I'm surprised that he has only one bastard child. Considering his age and infidelity, I thought he must have had at least 10 :)))

His bedroom also really lives up to his reputation right? Poor Alais, she will have to sleep beside a skull candle holder and tiger. I also really like your comparision, Alexander is the tiger and Alais is the falcon. And since Thunder and Ser shwoop a lot can coexist peacefully, I wonder can Alexander and Alais do the same, or even fall in love? I still have not seen a way for those two to reconcilate, so I'm really looking forward to your next chapters.

When will they stop being fake nice to each other? While it's nice to see a charming and generous Alexander, I want to be reminded how dangerous and cruel he can be to Alais. And Alais will have a chance to show her feistyness and intelligence.

Thank you for a great chapter :) I'm happy that now I don't have to wait a month for a new chapter ^.^ Keep up the great work ladies!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Second anon voiced out the same opinions I had

About the parallels between their pets and themselves. Also, if the tiger was able to show kindness/acceptance towards Alais, could this be foreshadowing a gentler side to Alexander being shown to Alais in a later chapter? The possible outcomes to this story are endless. Once again, this latest chapter already has me pining for the next one.

I do hope that you guys decide to publish this book after completing it.

kris10ekris10eover 7 years ago
My 1st post....

I have been somewhat reluctant on posting, but had to send you two my shout outs of approval. I have been read with you guys since chapter 2 was posted and I do have to say, "I'm in love".

The reasoning for my quietness is due partially to not wanting to get attached and y'all not finishing(which has happened more times then not).

So with this introductory post of approval I warn you first, there will be many more, I kind of get a little caught up. With that, ladies, please....carry on!!!!!!💋❤🙌💃 kisses

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
LIKE A BOSS

She handled the news about him having a child like a boss because I went into complete shock at him having a kid in the last chapter and having it confirmed that it was his kid and not his monk/ older brothers kid in this chapter. seriously I would be pissed, not at Evelyn (she can't help it) but at him for not saying anything like come on! I am curious as to who her mother is and where she's at and I'm not 100% convinced it's his kid yet, she might just be another secret. but either way loved this chapter as I do with all your chapters super glad your back can't wait for chapter 12. can't wait to hear Alex's POV. Keep it up! Like seriously don't stop ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

You know, I'd thought everyone in this story was white as all hell. (Which isn't a detractor since most stories like this are fairly eurocentric, and those that go out of the way to describe ethnicity are usually fetish-y as hel barring a few gemsl.)

Anyway, that was until reading he got a tiger for his birthday once, like- damn. That is so brown, I cannot even- like he's at LEAST as brown as Jasmine from Aladdin considering she got the same sorta gift. (Distantly related? Hahahaha.)

Anyway, great chapter as always guys.

evebroughtanaxthistimeevebroughtanaxthistimeover 7 years ago

Finally! What a brilliant idea! Death by birdy! Oh genius! He can be standing on that spectacularly elevated balcony when the bird comes from behind...or next to the fountain, looking at an extended nipple on one of the statues when the bird comes from behind...ugh...or he could be doing dentalwork on his tiger when the bird comes from behind...snacking on an elk with the antlers still attached...polishing a stolen sword...oh, I'm sure you'll find a way to make him dead.

Great to see that it's not only us here in what we deem the realm of reality that find that the victor over our enemies is mostly not our saviour. Mostly we'd rather have our former enemies back, sentimental creatures that we are!

Shot for story!

Ps. The kid won't miss him. He keeps giving her the toys that have bows on them. And keeps siding with Adeline that she's not her real mother.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 7 years ago
Glad you're back.

Every time I warm to Alexander (sweet with little kids, embarrassed over his tiger's name), you kill it with something creepy like skull candle holders. I guess I know what it's like to be Alais. It's a very frustrating feeling.

So excited about your faster upload schedule. I'll be looking out for Ch. 12.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 7 years ago
PS- Who is Evelyn's mother

and where is she now? Dead? Alive, so Alais can become jealous? The suspense is killing me.

EroticallyWickedEroticallyWickedover 7 years ago
Stop reading comments..

Readers anyway. Makes one worried about populace of RL. Ruining story. For lady_temily, BRILLIANT story line! ~Please~ don't write for readers comments, unless brightens a concept, but only your fantastic imagination! So far you're up there with Teresa Medeiros in 'Lady of Conquest' , JR Robb In Death...(as far as character strength and intrigue) andVictoria Holt...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Insignificant detail, but...

Have you ever SEEN a close-up of a tiger tongue? It's designed to tear the skin and feathers from their prey - I somehow doubt you would ever want a tiger to lick your face....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Eventual love between Alexander/Alais

I think we all believe that eventually alexander will begin to let his guard down with Alais. However, knowing his character he might perceive it as a weakness? I think Alais might have some of her feelings hurt because im sure he'll try to convince himself of his feelings for her. Also, i truly believe that since Alexander began treating her like property in the sense that she has to do what he expects and him telling her how she belongs to him & the fact that he makes her feel like he uses her for sex by trying to keep her away from his personal and royal matters will play a major role with some troubles they could possibly have.

If and when he develops real feelings for her, wouldnt it be difficult for Alais to truly believe him?

thats just my thoughts. Personally i think it would be very interesting to see how the whole am i property or am I truly a queen/wife play out.

lady_temilylady_temilyover 7 years agoAuthor
Authors: Chapter 12

Chapter 12 has been submitted and should be published in a few days!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Lady Sarin

I love this story! Thanks so much for writing something that has so much more than just hot steamy sex scenes.

However, a curious mind wants to know, is Alais Asian? Because you said those ceramic miniature cat doll are from her native land and the figurines had a paw beckoning. Sounds like the Japanese Maneki-neko.

I liked how you wrote Alais's thoughts. how she contemplates the fact that she herself is a lot like those trophies. When a man treats his wife with such poor amount of respect, I am baffled to see him treating his sister with such care. His sister, is she married BTW? Who is the father of her kids? That would be another interesting revelation I hope. Also something tells me there's so much more behind about Evelyn just being an illegitimate child.

All the very best!

lady_temilylady_temilyover 7 years agoAuthor
Authors: replies!

@ "Refreshing"

Aww, thank you! And I'm glad in turn that you found us. Alexander does enjoy being enigmatic! Some of chapter 12 will be from his POV, so that might shed some light (or create new questions, haha).

@ "Haha I know"

You're bringing up a lot of good questions! Chapter 12 actually discusses both Evelyn's mother and Alexander's bastard situation (or lack thereof), though one of those may or may not continue to be shrouded in a bit of mystery! And yes, the symbolism with the tiger and falcon was intentional - glad you guys caught onto that! The tiger is like Alexander because of its aggression and predatory instincts; underneath its beauty, the falcon can be dangerous too. The two of them have a long road ahead of them, but mayyybe they'll eventually get along as well as their animal companions. Either way, don't worry, because there are bumps along the way! Without going too much into the spoilers, I can say that Alais will do something during the wedding reception that causes Alexander's mood to darken. ;)

@ "Second anon voiced"

Yeah, there are parallels between the pets and the characters in multiple ways! Alexander does have a soft side, which so far has mostly manifested with his family, just as he has a dangerous/cruel side. It remains to be seen whether he'll show that to Alais! As for publishing, that's a flattering thought and something we haven't considered yet.

@kris10e

Yay, so happy you decided to start posting! And thanks for your vote of confidence. I totally get the idea of not wanting to get attached, since I've been in those shoes before, so that means a lot. ❤ Looking forward to your future comments too!

@fictionsBFF

I know, right? I would have been pissed too! Lack of communication is unfortunately one of Alexander's (many many) foibles, haha. Alais has a lot of self-control, though, and didn't want to give him the satisfaction of appearing riled by it. Your intuition is right in that there are more secrets surrounding Evelyn, but we won't find out until later! Great to hear that you're still digging the story!

@ "You know"

Hahaha, I had the Jasmine thought too actually. We did conceive of them as white, with the story taking place in a medieval Europe-ish setting with Roman influences. How racist is it that we even made the tiger white, haha? (If it helps, neither of us writing are caucasian!) But I like to imagine there is some distant relation to the Aladdin universe because that's just hilarious to me.

@evebroughtanaxthistime

Haha, you always come up with the most creative deaths! I like the mental image of him doing dental work on the tiger. Serves him right for surrounding himself with a glorified menagerie. Not sure what you mean by siding with Adeline that she's not her real mother though! Unless you mean emphasizing her bastard status? He hasn't done that either actually - he's uncharacteristically pretty kind to Evelyn.

@cantfightfate

Glad to be back too! And yeah, that was our intention - in one moment, Alexander seems more human, and in the next, he's back to being terrible. I don't envy Alais's position! Well, only in some respects, haha. And Alais has the same curiosity about Evelyn's mother and will be asking some questions about her in Chapter 12!

@EroticallyWicked

Aww, thank you so much! That's such high praise. ❤ We do get inspiration to flesh stuff out occasionally from comments, but rest assured that we've got the main storyline decided already and it's fully formed from our imagination!

@ "Insignificant detail"

Just googled tiger tongues, haha. You learn something new every day! Thanks for pointing that out. When we go back to edit, we'll make a tweak accordingly!

@ "Eventual love"

I think you're definitely on to some things there! They have a lot of hurdles ahead of them if they're ever to lower their respective guards. Alais does feel more like a trophy than a person at this point, and given how volatile he is, it would be difficult for her to ever trust that his feelings could be real or consistent. There's also tons of ill will built up, of course, due to the the nature of their relationship (kidnapping, forced marriage, etc.). On the other side of the coin, it would be difficult for Alexander to ever believe her feelings would be genuine either, given that she's put on such a good act before. Plus what you mentioned about how he'd perceive having such feelings to be a weakness! In any case, they have a rocky future ahead of them for sure.

@Lady Sarin

Thank you so much! We like stories that are more than just sex too, so we try to give you guys some characterization and plot too! We thought of Alais as white and vaguely Nordic (though of course you guys are free to imagine them however you like). The cats are definitely inspired by the maneki-neko - in our heads there's probably some local Japantown that's big in her country. And yeah, Adeline is married! You'll meet her husband during the wedding festivities. :) Alexander does treat people very differently; he has kind of a divide in his mind between his family and everyone else, and this will be explored more later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Needs more sex

Add more sex scenes

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Dude! Your writing is SO. Freaking. Good!!! Keep going, great plot! You're wonderful

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please, please, please update!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous