At His Majesty's Pleasure Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That he might leave her to sleep in the privacy of her newly assigned quarters wasn't exactly a realistic expectation in the first place, if she were being honest with herself. When he said rest, for instance, he was probably half-joking. The prospect of what was to come (again) no longer frightened her, now that she was a little less...painfully virginal, but she didn't think she could ever approach it without the slightest unraveling of her nerves.

As they returned to the other suite, Thunder gave the King's hand a final lick before heading back to his comfortable napping spot next to the fire, spreading out his limbs lazily over the hearth rug. Alais found it within her whims to send him off with an absent-minded wave - nothing more excessive than a wiggle of her fingers.

The King showed her into his bedchambers, closing the door behind them. Looking vaguely troubled (as usual), her mind had wandered to distraction as she stepped along. At first, she didn't yet comprehend what she was looking at - until she did.

And there it was: the gloriously large bed, defying all her jokes to its size by rising to the challenge - and beyond. This behemoth could only be (somewhat) justified if it the resting place for some half a dozen people, or perhaps three of those tigers they left behind, but no - its use was ostensibly reserved for a single man. What that man was doing that required such an enormous contraption defied anyone's rationalization, but there it was all the same, sitting proudly swathed in decadent silk and velvet, with a few much smaller pillows that somehow only did their part in making it look even bigger by comparison.

There were other opulent things - the dresser and mirror, the (additional) paintings, the high-backed chairs - but they all paled in comparison to the monstrous bed; it was a good thing the room was so large.

Alais stared. She dragged her incredulously gaze toward him, then back toward that bed. And then to him again, dead-eyed, all the flickering perturbations in her mind conveniently swept away by a single baffled thought: Are you being serious.

She stewed in her silence for a moment, as though waiting for a punch line, but apparently there was none to come "...Are you making fun of me again," she finally managed, brows furrowing together. Was that one bed?

When she asked about his hypothetical twelve-foot-wide bed, that wasn't meant to be an actual challenge.

"I wouldn't dream of it," replied the King, placidly. But, after a moment of looking at her incredulous face, he could not help laughing. "The bed is a little on the large side, but you know, that has its advantages." His smile turned knowing. "I assure you we'll make good use of it."

The comment brought a touch of warmth to her cheeks. That was when, however, she noticed something even more eye-catching than the bed: an ivory-white skull sitting casually on the endtable, a candle protruding from its top. "Is that a real..."

The King followed her gaze. "Oh yes. I trust you were acquainted with Emperor Wulfric?"

"Not - personally," she managed.

She knew of him. There wasn't a soul who didn't remember the way Wulfric had terrorized the continent, and of the ruin he had almost managed to inflict on Obsivia. And how they had all celebrated, when Wulfric met his defeat! At the hands of a young King too, previously untried in war! They had all proclaimed him a hero.

If only they'd known then that King Alexander's thirst for vengeance would never be sated. They had merely traded one warmonger for another.

"What, you've never encountered a skull candleholder before?" The King looked like he was about to laugh again. He always seemed conscious of his own...ridiculousness - not that consciousness was enough to curb his terrible inclinations.

He approached the skull candle and picked it up. The draft from the closed door had caused its flame to flicker and die, and he lit it again on one of the more ordinary candleholders in his vicinity. There was something unsettlingly casual about the way he handled another man's remains; similarly, his smile seemed light, but it was edged with an inappropriate look of satisfaction as he clinked the skull back down.

"This isn't - usual," Alais protested, without really protesting. More of a comment, really, since actually protesting his tastes and quirks were next to futile. Morbidly, she wondered if there were other skulls he kept. Less prominently displayed, perhaps? Would her grandfather and brother have been reduced to one of his trophies, had he not decided to take what he wanted instead by wedding her? Would their cherished artifacts have been casually strewn in a forgotten corner of his rooms? Was she a living and breathing trophy, no different from all the furnishings around them? She felt unsettled, despite all her self-coachings.

"Thank you for showing me this...thing," she said, unconvincingly. Her hands gestured vaguely, almost comically, at the skull that used to be Emperor Wulfric. "I think I shall retire to my quarters, where I'm sure your people have worked very hard on."

With each word, she edged back and back toward the door behind, a half-concerned look fixed upon her features. "It'd be a waste to let it all go to...waste," she continued distractedly, feeling for the doorknob behind her.

The King looked amused, as if she had just made a funny joke. "Don't be silly, Alais," he said, brushing aside her excuses and concerns with a careless sweep of his hand.

Without further reservation, he approached her, fingers curling about her wrist and drawing her to him - away from the door she was attempting to fiddle with. As before, her attempts at evasion only seemed to heighten his lust, and it showed in the way he kissed her - fervent and heady, without inhibition. As he withdrew, he let his knuckles skim over her cheek. "After all, I think it would be a greater waste..." he said, echoing her words, "for you to go to waste. Don't you think?"

It was always difficult to think when he was so close. She could see each knot of his scar, see how intently his eyes focused on her. His lips were but a touch away, ready to claim her again whenever he chose. "I..." She fumbled for an excuse. Even if she supposedly loved him now, that didn't mean their lovemaking had to be constant. "Our second wedding night will be tomorrow. Maybe we should - save ourselves? You know?"

His tilted his head, summoning a thoughtful look. "Perhaps."

Was there actually hope of that working? She felt an odd twinge of both relief and disappointment. "Yes. Well then, I will just..."

As she started withdrawing, however, she felt his hand at her back. He gave a little push, so that she fell right back against him.

"On the other hand," said the King, "I think we may be beyond saving. Given all of our terrible indulgences so far, that is." There was that smirk again, roguish enough to suggest he'd been teasing her - had never actually entertained the idea of letting her leave. His other hand went to her hair, running his fingers through the strands. "I think we should make the best of it."

"You're terrible," she began, summoning some playful indignation. "You never - "

She gasped as his fingers tangled in her curls, tugging so that she was forced her to look up. He chuckled. "How many times must we go through this, Alais?" he asked. "When I want you, I will have you. You belong to me now."

He kissed her again, cutting her off before she could respond. She instinctively attempted to step away, but the hand at her back allowed for no such thing; she could feel the toned hardness of his body as she was helplessly pressed up against him. His mouth moved over hers, exciting a tantalizing warmth that coursed through her body, while his fingers remained at her hair, keeping her angled up for his devouring. When he shifted, it was only for his lips to wander down, skimming over the smooth neck he'd exposed.

A knock sounded on the door.

He ignored it entirely, biting softly where her neck met her shoulder. Why did that have to feel so good? She involuntarily arched her back, as his teeth and tongue continued to taste of her.

The knock came again.

The King made a frustrated growl against her skin, but finally withdrew - though he kept one arm still firmly wrapped about her. "What is it?"

The door opened to reveal a young guard. He whitened a little upon seeing the irritation painted on his King's face.

"I apologize, Your Majesty," he said, after a particularly low bow. "Lord Batholomew to see you."

The King made a dismissive gesture. "He can return later."

"He says..." The guard faltered when the King's eyes narrowed at this continuation. "Th-that it's urgent. That he found who you were looking for."

Alais was still catching her breath, one hand having fluttered to her neck to lightly massage. Nonetheless, she was curious at this enigmatic turn of phrase, glancing back to her husband to see what he made of it.

The King paused, this time looking surprised. "Already?" His brows furrowed in thought for a moment, before he seemed to come to a conclusion. "Very well. Send him in."

As the guard scurried away, he turned to her. "I'm afraid I have some urgent business to attend to."

She felt that odd twinge of relief-disappointment again. "Who is this mysterious person you were looking for, then?"

"You remember the attempted assassination?"

"Of course."

His smile turned cold. "I believe I've found the culprit," he said. "One of them."

That was fast. She wondered what kind of methods he employed - and what methods he was about to employ now, since he was ostensibly setting off for interrogation. She did not envy the culprit's position, judging by the King's smile. There were other questions that arose - who was it? What vendetta did they have? How many others were involved? But now was clearly not the time.

The King kissed her lightly on the forehead. "I will return shortly." When he departed, it was with a final tease. "Try not to hide in any wardrobes in the meantime."

*****

Authors: watch out for Chapter 12 soon! Up next will be more from Alexander's perspective, as well as the formal wedding (and accompanying crazy events)!

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please, please, please update!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Dude! Your writing is SO. Freaking. Good!!! Keep going, great plot! You're wonderful

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Needs more sex

Add more sex scenes

lady_temilylady_temilyover 7 years agoAuthor
Authors: replies!

@ "Refreshing"

Aww, thank you! And I'm glad in turn that you found us. Alexander does enjoy being enigmatic! Some of chapter 12 will be from his POV, so that might shed some light (or create new questions, haha).

@ "Haha I know"

You're bringing up a lot of good questions! Chapter 12 actually discusses both Evelyn's mother and Alexander's bastard situation (or lack thereof), though one of those may or may not continue to be shrouded in a bit of mystery! And yes, the symbolism with the tiger and falcon was intentional - glad you guys caught onto that! The tiger is like Alexander because of its aggression and predatory instincts; underneath its beauty, the falcon can be dangerous too. The two of them have a long road ahead of them, but mayyybe they'll eventually get along as well as their animal companions. Either way, don't worry, because there are bumps along the way! Without going too much into the spoilers, I can say that Alais will do something during the wedding reception that causes Alexander's mood to darken. ;)

@ "Second anon voiced"

Yeah, there are parallels between the pets and the characters in multiple ways! Alexander does have a soft side, which so far has mostly manifested with his family, just as he has a dangerous/cruel side. It remains to be seen whether he'll show that to Alais! As for publishing, that's a flattering thought and something we haven't considered yet.

@kris10e

Yay, so happy you decided to start posting! And thanks for your vote of confidence. I totally get the idea of not wanting to get attached, since I've been in those shoes before, so that means a lot. ❤ Looking forward to your future comments too!

@fictionsBFF

I know, right? I would have been pissed too! Lack of communication is unfortunately one of Alexander's (many many) foibles, haha. Alais has a lot of self-control, though, and didn't want to give him the satisfaction of appearing riled by it. Your intuition is right in that there are more secrets surrounding Evelyn, but we won't find out until later! Great to hear that you're still digging the story!

@ "You know"

Hahaha, I had the Jasmine thought too actually. We did conceive of them as white, with the story taking place in a medieval Europe-ish setting with Roman influences. How racist is it that we even made the tiger white, haha? (If it helps, neither of us writing are caucasian!) But I like to imagine there is some distant relation to the Aladdin universe because that's just hilarious to me.

@evebroughtanaxthistime

Haha, you always come up with the most creative deaths! I like the mental image of him doing dental work on the tiger. Serves him right for surrounding himself with a glorified menagerie. Not sure what you mean by siding with Adeline that she's not her real mother though! Unless you mean emphasizing her bastard status? He hasn't done that either actually - he's uncharacteristically pretty kind to Evelyn.

@cantfightfate

Glad to be back too! And yeah, that was our intention - in one moment, Alexander seems more human, and in the next, he's back to being terrible. I don't envy Alais's position! Well, only in some respects, haha. And Alais has the same curiosity about Evelyn's mother and will be asking some questions about her in Chapter 12!

@EroticallyWicked

Aww, thank you so much! That's such high praise. ❤ We do get inspiration to flesh stuff out occasionally from comments, but rest assured that we've got the main storyline decided already and it's fully formed from our imagination!

@ "Insignificant detail"

Just googled tiger tongues, haha. You learn something new every day! Thanks for pointing that out. When we go back to edit, we'll make a tweak accordingly!

@ "Eventual love"

I think you're definitely on to some things there! They have a lot of hurdles ahead of them if they're ever to lower their respective guards. Alais does feel more like a trophy than a person at this point, and given how volatile he is, it would be difficult for her to ever trust that his feelings could be real or consistent. There's also tons of ill will built up, of course, due to the the nature of their relationship (kidnapping, forced marriage, etc.). On the other side of the coin, it would be difficult for Alexander to ever believe her feelings would be genuine either, given that she's put on such a good act before. Plus what you mentioned about how he'd perceive having such feelings to be a weakness! In any case, they have a rocky future ahead of them for sure.

@Lady Sarin

Thank you so much! We like stories that are more than just sex too, so we try to give you guys some characterization and plot too! We thought of Alais as white and vaguely Nordic (though of course you guys are free to imagine them however you like). The cats are definitely inspired by the maneki-neko - in our heads there's probably some local Japantown that's big in her country. And yeah, Adeline is married! You'll meet her husband during the wedding festivities. :) Alexander does treat people very differently; he has kind of a divide in his mind between his family and everyone else, and this will be explored more later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Lady Sarin

I love this story! Thanks so much for writing something that has so much more than just hot steamy sex scenes.

However, a curious mind wants to know, is Alais Asian? Because you said those ceramic miniature cat doll are from her native land and the figurines had a paw beckoning. Sounds like the Japanese Maneki-neko.

I liked how you wrote Alais's thoughts. how she contemplates the fact that she herself is a lot like those trophies. When a man treats his wife with such poor amount of respect, I am baffled to see him treating his sister with such care. His sister, is she married BTW? Who is the father of her kids? That would be another interesting revelation I hope. Also something tells me there's so much more behind about Evelyn just being an illegitimate child.

All the very best!

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Hunted She is captured by a Bosnian sniper.in NonConsent/Reluctance
The Taking of Lena Ch. 01 An innocent chambermaid is taken by a wealthy lord.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Carnal Knowledge Ch. 01-02 The earl forces his governess to receive lessons in sex.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Love...and Love Intensely Ch. 01 She is taken, completely.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Imperius Ch. 01 He claims her at last.in NonConsent/Reluctance
More Stories